Suggestion for better building placement

Reposting from the subreddit since frontier_support suggested I share it here.
So one thing that has been around since launch that has bothered people is the finicky building placement as people struggle to get the orientation of their buildings JUST right if they can't snap to paths right away. While I may not have experience with making games, I did have an idea that in theory SHOULD work for console and PC players alike:

Add a toggle mode which locks your building in place, and you use the analogue stick/mouse to rotate the building so that it face the direction you are holding the mouse/analogue stick in.

I feel this shouldn't be too difficult to add for console and especially not for PC, we already have toggle options in camera mode and when driving vehicles, and I am certain there are some spare buttons on controllers that can be used to activate this "rotation mode" for building placement. This would allow more fine-tuning to make park building that much easier for everyone. Not only that, but once you get the orientation you want, you turn off "rotation mode" and then can place the building in the right facing direction that you wanted. This is a small fix compared to everything else but one I think everyone would like over rotating back and forth to get that ONE specific angle we're trying to get.

Top Bottom