[SUGGESTION] How To Revive CQC! (PVP Arena)

Why are you suggesting that the "bots only fight each other"?

I clearly wrote that "players earn less XP by killing bots but earn Full XP by killing other players"!
Because you wrote it wasn’t PvE.

I did see an Ace (from Germany) allow me to kill him "for free" at least 3 times After he blew me up about 5 times in a 1 vs 1 CQC.

That's why I started this thread. 1 vs 1, especially against an Ace is NO fun! 👎
So how about a switch around.

The ships you can select from if you get a match up are handicapped so the player with the most CQC points ship is worse by a factor relating to the difference in their scores.

So a top ace gets an Eagle while the noob gets a Meta build ship, obviously not for real example.

Doesn’t deal with the problem of getting enough people interested but then neither does adding PvE(PvNPC) to what is supposed to be purely player on player arena matches to my mind.

Well that sort of work but would deincentifise the good players ?
Get more people in number 1 and top priority
This would then make matchmaking in game better and those who are higher ranking end up playing against like ranked players.
To get that to work you need players playing but to get players playing you need to beef up the player numbers to get that you need instant games no hanging around. 3 friends wanting to have fun and yes rank up ( they have made exploration and trade elites too easy ) now with a few bots even two bots per space needed would hopefully bring in the hoards (🤣)

I dont think adding bots would mean it isnt PvPcentric still.

Few would try to argue that fortnites battle royale isnt a PvP mode......... and yet there are always loads of bots in my matches.

(unless i choose the option to fill before starting my game of course). generally i am not a PvPer but due to obsessed child i play a hell of a lot of fortnite, and it is great, it means even my lad who is 8 got to get a few wins under his belt when playing with me.

now i am ashamed to admit, he is now at least as good as i am (in different ways, his reactions smoke mine, but his situational awareness sucks!)

Using bots to fill out servers is an age old tradition in PvP arena games, which CQC is. I don't get the push back.
But here you are not quite right, there are different game companies that make PVP sessions and not all do the possibility of using bots, they usually say that with them is not interesting, but my opinion is that their developers can not make strong enough bots.

Well the player can always give the choice to use bots to pick up the game or not.

So basically you want a Private Group CQC where nobody can actually see what you do there. It opens window to cheating - rank, squadron leaderboards by i.e. farming your own alts - that's not PvP anymore, there is just one player in such a match. And we've seen many people try to do it. Some had 7 alt accounts trying to block other players from joining and exposing them. There was even one player that farmed his alts all the way to CQC Elite until he eventually got caught doing it (got caught not by me, some other player found him accidentally when one of the alts accidentally dropped out and the guy join the match and gathered the evidence). You can search for it. That guy had ridiculous stats K/D 254.0 etc. But he got greedy for more and got caught.

Sure there would be a small group of legit players who would play with friends. But the majority would exploit it. I've played CQC for 6 years and throughout years I've learn a lot about people characters in this game. And vast majority unfortunatelly would cheat they way through ranks without blinking if they could get away with it.

There is a great place for people playing CQC only for fun - it's Legacy CQC. But personally I don't believe in existence of people playing CQC only for fun, after all they refuse to play Legacy CQC. Why? Because no rank progression, no trophies etc. I play only Live version of CQC because I like the competitive aspects of the game, fighting all kinds of opponents, squadron leaderboards etc.

Considering that many people come to CQC only for rank and they hate PvP of any kind, giving them option to be locked with own alt without anyone knowing they do it, they will just do it. And instead of more players there will be less, because those who really want to learn, get better and play with real opponents are few. After all real opponents hinder rank progression, afk alts don't.. it's just a ride from one non-moving ship to another to blow them up for XP.

I think if you don't like generic PvP then CQC really isn't for you. Why bother?

I don't like Exploration and Exobiology, but I don't go to Exploration and Exobiology threads / topics to say I hate it and it should just die or be removed from the game. It's not my cup of tea then I don't play it. Other people can just enjoy it. Many actually do. Same with CQC, we love it.

Just have it not count towards leaderboards, then if people do somehow cheat, its not affecting you. As long as they can still rank up to unlock the sidegrades.

Using bots to fill out servers is an age old tradition in PvP arena games, which CQC is. I don't get the push back.
so are community servers and mutators where the game host gets to decide if they want to host a random-powerups match or whatever and people pick and choose which game to join

automated matchmaking is a blight
esports and their consequences etc etc etc

Dont get me wrong i think Esports are great.... not something i am interested in but i am glad they exist.... just like having proper PvP rankings & leaderboards and stuff......... they are not for me at all but I can see the appeal.
What i am not supportive of is using those things as reasons why we cant have features which have been in multiplayer games since as far back as i can remember..... (which because i am an old sod means, as long as videogames have been a thing)

It's still very costly losing a multi-million ship 3x in one day just to "hone your skills" against other players! 🙁

It's peanuts.
1721934359839.png

:)

Dying is CQC cost you nothing.

I died almost 20,000 times ;) Only like 35 players on Inara have more CQC kills than I have deaths.Dying feels like nothing really.

Dying is CQC cost you nothing.

I died almost 20,000 times ;) Only like 35 players on Inara have more CQC kills than I have deaths.Dying feels like nothing really.
1. Depends on everyone's mentality. I for example always try not to die in the main game, for many years of play I have few deaths as I am very worried about it. I don't care how many Garkers and NPCs I've killed.
2. Always thought that in sesionki the main ratio of deaths to victories and not just the number of deaths.

I think worrying about dying in PvP games is what stops people from being good at PvP.
I don't give free kills to anyone. I always try to make myself as hard to kill as possible.
Even in 4v1 matches when I'm blatantly ganked and I know I'm going to die a lot, ultimately the only thing I think about is how to win the match, nothing else matters.
The most memorable Battlefield stuff was when I was doing all sort of suicidal things against all odds, and still capturing flags for the team. I was finishing matches on top of the scoreboards with 60-70 kills while some campers were sitting in bushes the whole match to get his 2 kills and 0 deaths.

Dying in PvP games, then trying to do better is just an essential element of learning process.

Dont get me wrong i think Esports are great.... not something i am interested in but i am glad they exist.... just like having proper PvP rankings & leaderboards and stuff......... they are not for me at all but I can see the appeal.
What i am not supportive of is using those things as reasons why we cant have features which have been in multiplayer games since as far back as i can remember..... (which because i am an old sod means, as long as videogames have been a thing)
Yeah, esports existing isn't a problem, it's imposing esport things like ladder ranks and the like on the players that aren't interested that's the problem. Some people aren't there to be "competitive", they're there to just play a game with their friends, but treating everything like a contest is how you get takes like "private lobbies would give people an unfair advantage".

The guys in the private lobby aren't interested in some "advantage", they just want to hop in a voice chat and play a few rounds with their bloody mates.

Why is there no mode : fight on builds from the main game ?
Well, that's easy. It's a completely separate game, totally divorced from the actual game. It's like asking why can't I fly my Cobra in Star Citizen. You can't because it's got nothing to do with it.

Well, that's easy. It's a completely separate game, totally divorced from the actual game. It's like asking why can't I fly my Cobra in Star Citizen. You can't because it's got nothing to do with it.
But the ships that are there, they are in the main game ...

Back
Top Bottom