Suit and Gun Locations - Where to get your fix

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hero Ferrari - Nevermore Terrace, Siris - complete 10 surface conflict zones, 15 settlement defence plans for next engineer

You'll know you're over half way when you rank up to "Mostly Defenseless".

Unfortunately the voice lines for this engineer seem to be missing.

Hero Ferarri.jpg

Last edited:
But if you want this to be a useful exercise, I'd suggest not just sharing something you bought somewhere and see if you can meet up with another commander to see if they can also see the same item at the same location? That's something I will do as soon as I find one. That answers one question about it. If they do not see the same item, there's zero purpose to sharing. If you buy an item and it disappears, there's no benefit to sharing it.

It could also be very useful to know what kind of economy the station has, the states of its controlling faction, and the population of the system - all in service of trying to develop a rule of thumb about why these locations had items. Few things are completely random.

It could also be very useful to know what kind of economy the station has, the states of its controlling faction, and the population of the system - all in service of trying to develop a rule of thumb about why these locations had items. Few things are completely random.
Yeh, that's definitely not happening so far. The thing is though, it has to be primarily random because none of these things change at all in the time frames we're talking about.

Take any of the locations already reported. If you go there now, they no longer stock that item and it's possible it never did for you (one thing we definitely need to check). Why did they stock it the moment that player checked? It cannot be anything 100% controlled by the BGS because it doesn't flip that fast. So it might be that certain BGS states make it possible but we don't know why it triggers the items for you, or how that's governed in terms of anyone else.

Edit: If these items had some form of permanence, even just for a single day, it'd be a ton better than how it appears to be now... at least then we could share and actually make it into a community thing where we help each other get stuff...

So it might be that certain BGS states make it possible but we don't know why it triggers the items for you, or how that's governed in terms of anyone else.

This is what I think is the starting point, assuming that there is some method to the, you know. Knowing where it is possible would make it a lot easier to narrow down the why.

I haven't seen an upgraded suit or weapon yet, but I was already planning to move to another neighborhood when I go back in today. So who knows?

This is what I think is the starting point, assuming that there is some method to the, you know. Knowing where it is possible would make it a lot easier to narrow down the why.

I haven't seen an upgraded suit or weapon yet, but I was already planning to move to another neighborhood when I go back in today. So who knows?
I just manually checked some in this thread, if you check the station's faction then you can see their state. Boom appears on a few (not exhaustively though). Might be worth curating an Inara list based on factions in a state of boom and then visiting those ports specifically.

What did it take to get in her good books? How did you get invited?
10 conflict zones on the surface. This worked for me too. I'm actually working on my first blueprint mats.. well I was until I decided to try this malarky...

They work slightly differently to ship engineers. Once you unlock them you can use them. They then allow you to discover another for some list of items. Whether you need to do that or whether it's just optional (as opposed to unlocking them their way), I'm not clear on yet. But I will be soon.

So, I love stuff like this where the community shares and I think it's somewhat useful for the basic stuff until Inara and EDDB get updated fully, but I have to question the use of the sharing of G3 items if it truly is random? Sharing locations that are literally only one shot things that disappear as soon as we buy them (and no one has actually proved is shared anyway) isn't going to help us find these G3 items.

This is the reason I hate the mechanic. It literally implies a game loop of trawling from station to station hoping RNG shines on you, as opposed to just playing the game of actually upgrading to G3. And if G5 is actually possible but just ultra rare?? Ugh...

But if you want this to be a useful exercise, I'd suggest not just sharing something you bought somewhere and see if you can meet up with another commander to see if they can also see the same item at the same location? That's something I will do as soon as I find one. That answers one question about it. If they do not see the same item, there's zero purpose to sharing. If you buy an item and it disappears, there's no benefit to sharing it.

The only way there's any benefit is if we can work out the pattern. If there is one. So far, it is strongly suggested there's none (like "based on BGS" isn't really a pattern if it's possible two commanders can turn up and see different results).

Edit: And yes, I am currently trawling through a list I curated on Inara... 5th station and counting. 3/5 so far had no items for sale at all... brilliant.
Well it started when we knew nothing about weapons and suits and their upgrades... so it was a kind of scouring the many threads on it and populating it in one place. Yeah - there's not much point keeping this up to date once the info is up on Inara and EDDB. Now, I add it there so that wonderful CMDRs like you can get the research done. o7

There was a non-engineered G3 Maverick suit at LHS 1547 - Otiman Station at 11:53 UTC that I did not buy (as I already have one). If anyone is nearby could they pop over in the name of science and see if it's still there, then report back?

At least that would give us an idea if suit spawns are universal or unique to the CMDR.

Well it started when we knew nothing about weapons and suits and their upgrades... so it was a kind of scouring the many threads on it and populating it in one place. Yeah - there's not much point keeping this up to date once the info is up on Inara and EDDB. Now, I add it there so that wonderful CMDRs like you can get the research done. o7
It's been a useful thread.

10 conflict zones on the surface. This worked for me too. I'm actually working on my first blueprint mats.. well I was until I decided to try this malarky...

They work slightly differently to ship engineers. Once you unlock them you can use them. They then allow you to discover another for some list of items. Whether you need to do that or whether it's just optional (as opposed to unlocking them their way), I'm not clear on yet. But I will be soon.
Great - details added to the OP!

Just so you know, the silencer isn't a rumour, it actually exists. How it works is less clear.
Yeah - I updated that earlier this morning. Noise Suppressor??? It was seen on a Rocket Launcher... I guess there's nothing stopping people doing stupid things...

0/0 (nothing at all, not even a single G1 item) at a boom state high tech with high population. I just don't think any of this is really sensible if I'm honest.

0/0 (nothing at all, not even a single G1 item) at a boom state high tech with high population. I just don't think any of this is really sensible if I'm honest.
Might be worth reporting as a bug. There was something in last night's update about equipment not appearing as something that was fixed. I know they said random, but surely not that random????

I should clarify. The engineers are following the same path as the Horizon ones: they do tell you what they want for an unlock, and then once unlocked will tell you what they need to introduce you to the next engineer.

Hero Ferrari is one the ones you seem to get introduced to for "free".

It is possible that there is a chain from Horizons (I have all the non-Colonia engineers unlocked) but this would introduce a dependency headache, or after doing a ground combat mission (sorry - didn't notice).

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom