Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Ok, I have a genuine question:

How many of y'all actually use the rides in-game? I've barely used them, only the 4×4 safari tour twice. The boat I had no idea where to begin
I've used the monorail a few times, and the gondola once. I tried to get the jungle boat cruise to work but failed. My main thing with rides if I don't pre-plan for them, so its harder for me to go back and get them laid out in a way that works. But most of my zoos, I don't have rides. I just have multiple entrances to get more guests into areas away from the main entrance with them getting tired. Once you're in the zoo though, you're on your own.

I hope we finally get birds! And larger vivariums, perhaps rectangular ones, wouldn't be bad either. Macaw parrots would be nice if visitors could pet them? They could let the existing birds lay eggs from which the chicks would then hatch. Sometimes none of them should hatch because they are not fertilized... These would be my wishes that would bring a certain realism into the game...

So does anyone think that a habitat birds pack actually is on the table? I'm hesitant to say it might be lol The last pack gave what a large portion of the community wants, it only makes sense that the next thing would be more birds, and considering the 2 latest birds (chicken and swan) have either had a new rig or have had lots of work put into them, these could be reused in an habitat birds pack, plus:
  • The Secretary Bird and Crowned Crane are at the top of the meta wishlist following their usual pattern of crossing a couple off the wishlist each pack (exception being the latest pack because its theme alone is heavily wanted)
  • A lot of the birds left are birds that either have easier amounts of work now that new rigs have been put in place (pelican from swan, pheasant from chicken) or already had rigs there that can be used (crowned crane from red crowned crane, rhea from ostrich)
  • Biggest of all, an all ground birds pack can fit with the new pack structure. They aren't going to give us Walkthrough exhibit birds so with the new 7 animals + scenery they don't have to, while also featuring 60+ new mesh pieces and other cage building and generic stuff.
Of course there's like a 98% chance this won't happen, but it crossed my mind thinking about how they could use the new pack structure going forward.

So does anyone think that a habitat birds pack actually is on the table? I'm hesitant to say it might be lol The last pack gave what a large portion of the community wants, it only makes sense that the next thing would be more birds, and considering the 2 latest birds (chicken and swan) have either had a new rig or have had lots of work put into them, these could be reused in an habitat birds pack, plus:
  • The Secretary Bird and Crowned Crane are at the top of the meta wishlist following their usual pattern of crossing a couple off the wishlist each pack (exception being the latest pack because its theme alone is heavily wanted)
  • A lot of the birds left are birds that either have easier amounts of work now that new rigs have been put in place (pelican from swan, pheasant from chicken) or already had rigs there that can be used (crowned crane from red crowned crane, rhea from ostrich)
  • Biggest of all, an all ground birds pack can fit with the new pack structure. They aren't going to give us Walkthrough exhibit birds so with the new 7 animals + scenery they don't have to, while also featuring 60+ new mesh pieces and other cage building and generic stuff.
Of course there's like a 98% chance this won't happen, but it crossed my mind thinking about how they could use the new pack structure going forward.
I don't think a pack like this has any shot at happening for the exact same reason an all-primate pack won't ever happen. While some of these animals are pretty highly requested, I think you'd be cutting out anybody who has already made up their mind that they don't care about birds. Adding to that, a birds pack without flighted aviary species misses the reason why 90% of people talk about the game "needing more birds" in the first place.

And this is especially true when people think it's going to be the final pack. I don't think the outcry would be as extreme as the Barnyard pack but it would be pretty bad. Haha. If the last week has taught me anything it's that people are gonna be pretty upset about a final pack that doesn't go broad.

For me, personally, I would find it simultaneously disappointing and awesome. Haha. I'd miss the mammals that I've been hoping for but... Assuming they had the right roster? A pack with the secretary bird, a pelican, puffin, a South American species or two (e.g., spoonbill or scarlet ibis), roadrunner, a new crane, and the burrowing owl would be hard for me to get mad at. Haha. Especially with new mesh pieces and other scenery items.

Im not counting on it. Im starting to hope that frontier might have picked up the want for more habitat birds seeing how we got 4 in the last 3 packs and keeps that going. But an dedicated habitat birds pack is something i dont really see happening nor do i think it would be a great idea, as much as id like to have it.
The problem with theses only one group of animal packs is that they just arent diverese enough, so you probably push away alot of people who just arent super keen on that group. Like id love to see a monkey or birds pack and i think they are very much needed to balance out the roster, but its probably not for everyone. And while an all cats or antelopes animal pack would be straight nightmare fuel to me its probably a dream pack for others.
Thats why im such an advocate for diverse animal packs, to truly offer something for everyone instead of just catering to one group.

I don't think a pack like this has any shot at happening for the exact same reason an all-primate pack won't ever happen. While some of these animals are pretty highly requested, I think you'd be cutting out anybody who has already made up their mind that they don't care about birds. Adding to that, a birds pack without flighted aviary species misses the reason why 90% of people talk about the game "needing more birds" in the first place.
Im not counting on it. Im starting to hope that frontier might have picked up the want for more habitat birds seeing how we got 4 in the last 3 packs and keeps that going. But an dedicated habitat birds pack is something i dont really see happening nor do i think it would be a great idea, as much as id like to have it.
The problem with theses only one group of animal packs is that they just arent diverese enough, so you probably push away alot of people who just arent super keen on that group. Like id love to see a monkey or birds pack and i think they are very much needed to balance out the roster, but its probably not for everyone. And while an all cats or antelopes animal pack would be straight nightmare fuel to me its probably a dream pack for others.
Thats why im such an advocate for diverse animal packs, to truly offer something for everyone instead of just catering to one group.
Yeah i knew that point I just thought that because birds are a lot more diverse with size, sound, environment and behaviour they might be different enough from eachother to be in a pack together, plus I really don’t think there’s that many people who don’t want birds, I get the “we want free flying birds” argument but I think those people would like non flying birds like pelicans and more colourful species just as much.

Last edited:
So does anyone think that a habitat birds pack actually is on the table?
Sure. I'm sure there is a somewhat small segment of the community that has already made up their mind that they hate birds and think they're boring. I would imagine there is an even larger segment that was vehemently against farm animals. Still, farm animals were one of the 3 biggest wishes since launch, the others being fish (which I think almost everyone has given up on, but I'd love a koi) and birds. Birds were by far the highest demand. I think such a pack would be extremely popular and loved by most especially if they included at least a few flying ones in a WE. With WE birds, that could be a strong finale. Otherwise, I don't think it would be the strongest note to end on. If we get multiple packs, I think a bird pack is very possible, but it is also possible that they'd want to use the remaining high-demand birds to elevate more packs.

As for the primate pack, I think it is super necessary and I would love it, but it is much less likely than a bird pack. More people hate monkeys than hate birds, even though most would want more of both. I think a good helping of them in an Arboreal or neotropical-based pack is about the best I can hope for at this point.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say an all bird pack would be a massive hit.

Go outside these forums (which still has a very strong bird base, I bet the one of the head figures of that sub-community is extremely handsome, funny, capable, and graceful) - Reddit, social media, YouTube comments - and folks are seething at the mouth for birds.

And I'm sure there'd be a pretty unspoken realization that if a bird pack were to come, any complaints - regardless of any one individual's opinions - would make the community look like the biggest groups of hypocrites on the planet. I
t'd be essentially critique-proof. I mean there'd inevitably be criticisms, but they'd probably be squashed with a "bro really spent 4 years wanting birds and IS out here still complaining fr :ROFLMAO: 💀" dismissal, even if said commenter never asked for birds once themselves.

Meanwhile, casual fans and the Bird Mafia would be on Cloud 9.

Yeah i knew that point I just thought that because birds are a lot more diverse with size, sound, environment and behaviour they might be different enough from eachother to be in a pack together, plus I really don’t think there’s that many people who don’t want birds, I get the “we want free flying birds” argument but I think those people would like non flying birds like pelicans and more colourful species just as much.
I'm just not convinced that the vast majority of people saying "we want birds" aren't literally just talking about aviaries, parrots, eagles, etc. If it were a pack with the secretary bird, 2-3 additional semi-aquatic species, and greater rhea plus a few (say, 4-6) aviary or WTE-style species? You'd have a major hit.

But without that last key component I just think some people would be so let down that they'd let it shade their perspective on the pack and feel disappointed. It's almost the reverse of the Barnyard pack conundrum. Even if you give people species they've requested... The key feature would be missing. It wouldn't be an Arid pack-level situation but it wouldn't be this overwhelming "OMG" moment either. I think people would be pretty lukewarm on the whole.

Like how a lot of players don't want domestic animals but if we get a domestic pack anyway it better feature a duck or rabbit or at least the pygmy goat.

Like how a lot of players don't want domestic animals but if we get a domestic pack anyway it better feature a duck or rabbit or at least the pygmy goat.
Pretty much. Or they've been just blindly asking for the "petting zoo" mechanic without thinking about what Frontier would need to do to make that worth implementing in the first place (and that they'd need to forego a pack of other critters they might want more from a species perspective to make that happen).

Pretty much. Or they've been just blindly asking for the "petting zoo" mechanic without thinking about what Frontier would need to do to make that worth implementing in the first place (and that they'd need to forego a pack of other critters they might want more from a species perspective to make that happen).
Well to me that is why I think a habitat bird pack is not out of the question. Frontier tends to deliver what we ask for it is just far from always in the way we imagined it. It's like a genie in a bottle situation. Do you want flying animals? Here is a bat and butterflies. More primates? We can do more apes. You put a sloth at the top of your habitat meta-wishlist? Here is a sloth but in the exhibit. Nocturnal pack? Twilight sounds cooler. Tropical pack? Sure, but it is scenery and barely touches SA. Desert pack? African ungulates live in arid places. Domestic animals? Another job for the ungulate-inator.

So if they have written bird pack on a big white billboard full of ideas and every other idea has slowly been crossed out one way or another then I think chances are we could get a bird pack. Not the bird pack we want but the bird pack Frontier thinks we deserve.

Well to me that is why I think a habitat bird pack is not out of the question. Frontier tends to deliver what we ask for it is just far from always in the way we imagined it. It's like a genie in a bottle situation. Do you want flying animals? Here is a bat and butterflies. More primates? We can do more apes. You put a sloth at the top of your habitat meta-wishlist? Here is a sloth but in the exhibit. Nocturnal pack? Twilight sounds cooler. Tropical pack? Sure, but it is scenery and barely touches SA. Desert pack? African ungulates live in arid places. Domestic animals? Another job for the ungulate-inator.

So if they have written bird pack on a big white billboard full of ideas and every other idea has slowly been crossed out one way or another then I think chances are we could get a bird pack. Not the bird pack we want but the bird pack Frontier thinks we deserve.
Genie in a bottle but he was in there waay to long and got senile

If there was going to be some sort of habitat bird pack, my picks would be:

• Greater Rhea
  • Secretary Bird
  • Scarlet Ibis
  • Great White Pelican
  • Helmeted Guineafowl
  • Golden Pheasant
  • Grey-Crowned Crane

- Rhea and Ibis provide the two most common habitat birds from South America. Secretary Bird is a community favourite and adds a bird of prey. Pelican and Ibis add waders/waterfowl. Guineafowl and Pheasant add common free-roaming fowl from different areas of the world. Crane is very iconic and common in zoos.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say an all bird pack would be a massive hit.

Go outside these forums (which still has a very strong bird base, I bet the one of the head figures of that sub-community is extremely handsome, funny, capable, and graceful) - Reddit, social media, YouTube comments - and folks are seething at the mouth for birds.

And I'm sure there'd be a pretty unspoken realization that if a bird pack were to come, any complaints - regardless of any one individual's opinions - would make the community look like the biggest groups of hypocrites on the planet. I
t'd be essentially critique-proof. I mean there'd inevitably be criticisms, but they'd probably be squashed with a "bro really spent 4 years wanting birds and IS out here still complaining fr :ROFLMAO: 💀" dismissal, even if said commenter never asked for birds once themselves.

Meanwhile, casual fans and the Bird Mafia would be on Cloud 9.
No people for sure would complain because it would all be "clones" when people ask for birds they want parrots, raptors and other flying birds maybe waterfowl and pheasants would pacify some but it wont do it for others even the casual would likely complain because the birds the want arent there the aviary birds.

I am also under the opinion that any pack that focuses on a singular smaller group of animals like an all primates pack would tank because people simply dont want what they dont want. Many people actually hate primates me included they give me the uncanny valley so a full primate pack is very unlikely and people will complain.
Genie in a bottle but he was in there waay to long and got senile
Honestly sounds more like a djinn or a more traditional genie

Top Bottom