Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Can I Just Say I Miss When Each Pack Had A Unique Sign Set. The Current Ones Are Good For Theming, But I Just Prefer The Different Themed Signs. Also Here Is NA Animal Pack Sign Concept Art.View attachment 390960
No big disagree
I like more "uique" sign groups but when they are just for 5-8 animals at a time that do not even allways fit together thats just meh
Id would be something entirly different if the sign themes where extended to fitting animals, for example i personally really like the australian road signs, but why arent there any for saltie, emu and wombat?
Stuff like that makes them quite useless because if you want a cohesive theme for an area its allways just good for one dlc and thats just boring

Given that this is just concept art who knows if they even started developing any of these things. But there's definitely stuff in these that we wound up getting later than the targeted pack so who knows...
One could wonder how both SA pack and Aquatic pack were supposed to look with Giant Otter being in SA pack.

If forced to choose between one or the other, I'd much prefer we just got signs in the present style consistently. The stylized ones are fine but it drastically limits their use and cohesion the second you veer into a different form of theming. Especially when they go for a different material or style (e.g., NA is super cartoony).

That's actually something that I'm low-key hoping comes in a final update: "Current" sign styles for maybe not all but a bunch of prior animals. Especially for those in early DLCs that didn't get proper signs.

Would you guys be fine with the final animal pack having 8 animals as usual or do you think a bit more animals (10-12) is needed to be satisfying enough?

And what animals you think are an absolute must have if it is just 8 animals?
  1. New world monkey
  2. Baboon
  3. Duck
  4. Coati
  5. South American bird species, can be the pink trio or Rhea. I lean to more of the pink guys but hey it is what it is
  6. Pelican
I’m game for anything else, but these would be my choices.

Would you guys be fine with the final animal pack having 8 animals as usual or do you think a bit more animals (10-12) is needed to be satisfying enough?

And what animals you think are an absolute must have if it is just 8 animals?
I would definitely want the 10-12, but here's the eight that are an absolute nessecity to me.

1. New World Primate (Howler/Spider Monkey)
2. Coatimundi
3. Tree Kangaroo
4. Reeve's Muntjac
5. Coquerel's Sifaka
6. Spectacled Bear
7. Mantled Guereza
8. Two-Toed Sloth (WE)

I will say, the puffin exhibit at the North Carolina Zoo I think can be recreated in game.

Puffins don’t fly much in captivity, it wouldn’t look to unrealistic. I bet you could even reuse one of the penguin rigs and it could work out. Or maybe use the rig of the Swan juvenile.

Either way, I think they could make some awesome oddball birds!

IMG_6707_Original.jpeg

Here is a picture I took of the habitat, isn’t it so cool? 🥺

Oh man, those anti-collision bird signs for glass. I have been asking for these forever, so sad these did not make it in. 😭
andrej-horoschun-planet-zoo-ah-portfolio-02.jpg
Yeah, those are amazing! And they're so "simple" that it makes you wonder why they opted to cut them out. I have similar thoughts around a few pieces we've seen in concept art over the years (those simple but great SEA signs are another example).

And TBH what I find super interesting about this specific shot is that this was concept art for the SA pack but it more closely resembles what we got for the Tropical Pack and the Oceania pack rather than the SA pack! :ROFLMAO:

In one of Rudi's recent speculation-focused videos he actually mentions that one of the final PlanCo packs (2nd to last) felt like it was filled with "leftover" pieces (or ideas) from other packs. And I'll be really curious to see if we wind up with something similar for Planet Zoo. Because there's a few things in here that would be great and are pretty "general."

That's some solid work!

Planet coaster has an assumedly older dictionary: https://console.planetcoaster.com/planco-dictionary

Of those words, only these ones are in this Planet Coaster version:
  • Cobra
  • Fly (noun)
  • Dinosaur
  • Dragon
  • Kraken
  • Mouse
  • Fish
  • Octopus
  • Parrot
  • Pigeon
  • Rat
  • Raven
It is quite interesting that Mammoth and Unicorn seem to have been added for Planet Zoo, I'm guessing they might have been planned as scenery at one point, like the dodo.

An interesting thing to note, Secretary is missing.

All in all, it does strike me as plans of the past, but it is interesting they've been thinking about the skies and the seas at some point.
funnily enough dodo is not in the dictionary even though we have a dodo statue
It is about in game guest language right? So also kids.. maybe they mention unicorn when they see a horse or something... Maybe that explains dolphin as well
Yeah I can see some of them like baboon and unicorn being used in this way guests getting confused or mistaken.
Hybrid pack last pack
The word hybrid is in the dictionary so who knows
It's just what sounds better when they advertise their game. "A zoo game with 199 unique animal species" or: "A zoo game with 200 unique animal species"? Even better "over 200" :)
yeah the over 200 tag would definitely be a good marketing term I believe anything over 196 would also make it the biggest roster of any zoo game also another great tag line.

According to my calculations, the next package will arrive in August! I am correct and it appears that if it arrives it will be the last.

And if it's the last one I would like the 2nd to be released

Ok, I have a genuine question:

How many of y'all actually use the rides in-game? I've barely used them, only the 4×4 safari tour twice. The boat I had no idea where to begin

Ok, I have a genuine question:

How many of y'all actually use the rides in-game? I've barely used them, only the 4×4 safari tour twice. The boat I had no idea where to begin
the boats are garbage unless you use freebuild. The only ones I regularly use are the train and monorail for guest movement. I have a soft spot for the gondola since that is what my zoo uses and I use the tour occasionally but not much.

Back in the day I had a series that was a jungle boat cruise that was actually decent, built for about 10-15 species, then shortly after got bored and moved on. Everything else I haven't touched.

Top Bottom