Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

So if there'll be another Jurassic game coming and pretty soon for that matter, do we think this is foreshadowing of a PZ2, or maybe the game WON'T be ending as soon as we anticipated?
df416505703a771de0ec682cf240469b.jpg

No PlanZo 2 for a few years, most likely. And preferably, to be honest. As we're seeing, the current game isn't dead yet, and we've gotten new features nobody dreamed of. If anything, either PlanCo 2 or a 3rd Planet game that's a new theme will emerge
You've got me in a western mood. I want to be back in the desert, just driving for hours without seeing anyone, just me and the nature. And the endless expanses of sand.
I remember the drive from Houston to LA. 20 hours, 10 were just to reach El Paso. Desert, desert, desert. Unfortunately, we didn't get to sight see much, like the Grand Canyon or the Petrified Forest (short on time), but it wasn't bad. A little lonely for my taste. We did see the Mexican border from the interstate, though; I've been in the Mexican desert, which is a little different, but not much

So if there'll be another Jurassic game coming and pretty soon for that matter, do we think this is foreshadowing of a PZ2, or maybe the game WON'T be ending as soon as we anticipated?
Even if it is foreshadowing for pz2, we likely won't see any new game for 2-3 years at the minimum. Given how we keep getting another dlc every time the community says it's ending, I'm not expecting development to end as soon as some think.

The two don't really seem linked to me. I mean, obviously learning that JW3 is likely coming next year (FY26) means there's space in the present timeline for a new CMS game coming this year (FY25) and another the year after JWE3 drops (FY27).

The big indicator, at least in my eyes, is whatever they've got to announce for this year. If they announce PlanCo2? Then yeah, a Planet Zoo sequel feels likely for that FY27 slot. But if it's some new game... Then I think PlanCo2 for FY27 is the more likely thing for FY27. With PZ2 coming later.

Even if it is foreshadowing for pz2, we likely won't see any new game for 2-3 years at the minimum. Given how we keep getting another dlc every time the community says it's ending, I'm not expecting development to end as soon as some think.
At this point, it's really hard to predict when development will end. Until we see whatever the next DLC and free update is, anyway. We all know what the benchmarks are that'll make that likely. I'm just really not looking forward to these forums in the summer if we don't get the June DLC people are expecting...

I will say that I've been silently wondering if they're using some of these more recent DLCs to game out certain things. Or develop props for a new game. My first thought with some of the Oceania stuff (the volcanic rocks) was "these look like they'd belong in a theme park." And when I saw the petting zoo mechanics in play, my brain immediately jumped to touch tanks in aquariums or whatever. There's a lot of potential for them to be double-dipping and we won't realize until the new game gets announced!

I will say that I've been silently wondering if they're using some of these more recent DLCs to game out certain things. Or develop props for a new game. My first thought with some of the Oceania stuff (the volcanic rocks) was "these look like they'd belong in a theme park." And when I saw the petting zoo mechanics in play, my brain immediately jumped to touch tanks in aquariums or whatever. There's a lot of potential for them to be double-dipping and we won't realize until the new game gets announced!
I think that could be it! Especially with the NPCs actually becoming more of a “real” thing.

I still think the last dlc, and especially the next one, will be based on themes we have asked for for awhile. We know it’s gonna be an animal pack, and we know it will come out “later this year”. So we don’t know when that could be. I’ve been trying to think of themes, and I remember coastal, islands, and South America/ Rainforest being common ones. Also birds and monkeys have been asked for for awhile, so I think it’s possible we could get more.

I think that could be it! Especially with the NPCs actually becoming more of a “real” thing.

I still think the last dlc, and especially the next one, will be based on themes we have asked for for awhile. We know it’s gonna be an animal pack, and we know it will come out “later this year”. So we don’t know when that could be. I’ve been trying to think of themes, and I remember coastal, islands, and South America/ Rainforest being common ones. Also birds and monkeys have been asked for for awhile, so I think it’s possible we could get more.
To be clear, I was actually thinking about the next game(s) not so much what might be coming for Planet Zoo. And it's pure tinfoil hat speculation on my part (at this point, anyway). Hah.

But there could be something to it and it would make logical sense for Frontier to be doing that. Like, let's say we get hotels with the next update. That was a PlanCo feature... But I'm sure however its implemented in Planet Zoo will have some improvements/tweaks from that one. And that approach could very well be applied to the next game.

But I wouldn't ever think to correct somebody for saying that birds and dinosaurs are different.
I've got to ask, but why not? They literally aren't different. Birds are a lineage of theropod dinosaurs. It's beneficial to explain that to someone who might not know, in the sense that divulging general knowledge is always beneficial (in the further sense that learning something new is always beneficial).

My kid draws a separation between birds and dinosaurs. He's two and a half. I still tell him, though; did you know birds actually are dinosaurs? He refers to the emus at the zoo as dinosaurs, too. I don't tell him he's wrong, because he's not. They are dinosaurs.

I've got to ask, but why not? They literally aren't different. Birds are a lineage of theropod dinosaurs. It's beneficial to explain that to someone who might not know, in the sense that divulging general knowledge is always beneficial (in the further sense that learning something new is always beneficial).

My kid draws a separation between birds and dinosaurs. He's two and a half. I still tell him, though; did you know birds actually are dinosaurs? He refers to the emus at the zoo as dinosaurs, too. I don't tell him he's wrong, because he's not. They are dinosaurs.
Your average person won't gain any specific benefit from that knowledge (at least when framing it in the way you're suggesting). Societally, people know exactly what you mean when you say "bird" and they know exactly what you mean when you say "dinosaur." There's a distinction between the two in every day discussions, pop-culture, in the modern dictionary, etc. And to claim otherwise is really pedantic. If Planet Zoo were to get a "dinosaur" DLC it wouldn't be a bunch of modern day birds because that would confuse people.

That said, most people at this point know that birds are descended from dinosaurs so that's something that I do raise pretty frequently (and I raise in fascination every time i see certain movements in birds).

Culturally, the term "Dinosaur" has filled the catch all for almost everything Extinct, with a focus on big, scaled beasts. Prehistoric and Megafauna have been pushed occasionally, though each has their own boundaries of course. Dinosaur is the easier term for a child to say, so it's an uphill battle.

Saying "Birds are Dinosaurs" is always going to be seen as a contradiction to the majority of people (at least for a few more decades I think), in many minds being pretty close to "Birds are Dragons".

How would y'all feel if we got decorations like lassos, boleadoras, and horseshoes into the game?
I feel like they would've actually been perfect for the Barnyard pack, as a sorta way to educate guests about how animals were kept in the past and in other countries.

Because, imma be honest: the new scenery is in my top favorites, and I love that I can make a rustic setting. But I'm greedy and want more, so yeah
Like this ya mean cowboy? Made some fer yer!

Top Bottom