Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Ugh, JWE 2 still had potential. I know that in a year from now I'll be willing to try it, but seriously?
Feeling the same tbh, there are obviously some big things JWE2 can’t have like babies or customizable building like PZ, but theres so much JWE2 can do without needing to make a new game, and now I have to pay for a THIRD Jurassic Word Evo game so soon 😞

Ugh, JWE 2 still had potential. I know that in a year from now I'll be willing to try it, but seriously?
I dunno... I feel like JWE2 doesn't innovate nearly as much as it could have or should have... and with all this talk of new business sims from Frontier, maybe, just maybe, they're finally moving on from the old and dated Cobra engine to something new and better?

Last edited:
frontier got the licenses for a new Jurassic World game
Untitled design (2).jpg

Feeling the same tbh, there are obviously some big things JWE2 can’t have like babies or customizable building like PZ, but theres so much JWE2 can do without needing to make a new game, and now I have to pay for a THIRD Jurassic Word Evo game so soon 😞
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I was hoping for an aviary update and even having aquatics animals interact with guests and other species on land/air
I dunno... I feel like JWE2 doesn't innovate nearly as much as it could have or should have... and with all this talk of new business sims from Frontier, maybe, just maybe, they're finally moving on from the old and dated Cobra engine to something new and better?
No, you're absolutely right. I'm not gonna deny that it'll probably be an improvement, but it still means a new game and that they'll just replace the current one, so it feels kinda like a letdown, you know?

Maybe they would if it were a spoonbill 😜
I do call herons dinosaurs whenever I see them flying 😅
I mean, look, people do that. I've done it. Usually when looking at turkeys, weirdly enough. :ROFLMAO:

But I wouldn't ever think to correct somebody for saying that birds and dinosaurs are different.

Well we now know JWE3 is coming probably next year, would this be 1 of the 3 creative management games they mentioned earlier?
Like everyone else has said: I definitely think so! It also means, I would imagine, that the next DLC is likely to be the last for that game... Gotta give folks a wash-out period, and with the movie coming out in July, I'd imagine it'll drop early in FY26 to coincide with that.

And while I'm sure it's frustrating for fans seeing another game come down the barrel? I bet the roster comes fully-loaded and the game gets a bunch of new features. The stock price made another small leap today. Wonder if it's on the back of this news or just happenstance.

The secretary bird is pretty. Seeing pictures of them make me way more accepting of them appearing in game...
To be honest, I don't really care about the taxonomy of it all in this context. Everybody knows exactly what people mean when they say things like that... In much the same way that when people talk about "animals" we all know that human beings are generally not being included.

Nobody walks around the zoo pointing at flamingos and saying "Look! A pink dinosaur!"
Exactly! Also, different genetics analyses will lead to different results. Mitochondrial lineages can conflict with nuclear lineages for example. Lastly, most fossils don't even have DNA to begin with so there is a ton of speculation involved.
Crazy idea, but what if this "jwe3" is just a amalgama of JWE, PC and PZ.

It's possible? Heck, no, but the final result would be a legit peak game.
Agreed! I want a roller coaster in my zoo of extinct animals. My only fear with that type of game would be Frontier's roster.

I guess it makes sense that they release a new JWE game with the next movie coming out in 2025, I just wish they did a huge expansion in JWE2 for it.
I feel like that all might be part of the deal with Universal. It's always seemed like that relationship is driven, in large part, by the company that owns the IP. So they may be requesting that Frontier just create another sequel (rather than expanding on the old one) with a new film on the way. It's also possible that the licensing deal only covers so many DLC...

Also worth noting that this news (which isn't even a big announcement; more like an announcement of an announcement) seems to have given their stocks another jolt. I'd imagine there's a method to this. If they slow-roll this announcement, drop another JWE2 DLC and mention again that there's more Planet Zoo DLC coming... And formally announce the next game...

They could be ending FY24 / starting FY25 in a stronger position than they have in a while.

Top Bottom