Summer DLC Speculation 2023

Although Frontier were jumping on the Frozen 2 bandwagon with the Arctic DLC, Paddington isn’t an obvious connection with the Andean bear for most people. Also my understanding is that filming hasn’t even started yet so it’s by no means imminent.

I never made that connection, and I doubt it was intentional. A christmas/winter dlc is pretty standard in management simulator games.
this may be what you meant, but also November and December are prime sales months for many things in general. Given they launched the game in a November, I wasn't surprised that we got something for December, even it that particular turnaround did make it sort of feel like they'd held those particular animals back (I've taken the other stance on that debate as well, so I'm well aware of why they may have put out the pack when they did). But tied to Frozen, sure I guess if someone wanted to make that connection, they're welcome to. But like you I never made that connection, so it was not only probably not intentional, but very far from obvious even if it was intentional.

I never made that connection, and I doubt it was intentional. A christmas/winter dlc is pretty standard in management simulator games.
so it was not only probably not intentional, but very far from obvious even if it was intentional.
Because real zoos are full of ice palaces and Disney-style Viking halls right? All you have to do is look at the over the top fantasy of the large Arctic shelter to see they were clearly trying to cash in on the release of Frozen 2.

Because real zoos are full of ice palaces and Disney-style Viking halls right? All you have to do is look at the over the top fantasy of the large Arctic shelter to see they were clearly trying to cash in on the release of Frozen 2.
It's just thematic for the season and the arctic. Zoos are also not filled with aztec temples or goyhic castles, but we got those regardless of disney.

Plus, the viking halls are viking style. Style which btw wasn't even used in frozen, but was used in How to train your dragon, which was not a disney movie.

Spectacled bear is just perfect for mountain pack, and I’m sure a mountain pack is next
I do think we'll see a pack that has the general theme of highlands/mountains/taiga at some point this year. There's a lot of potential there so I kind of hope it is next, but I am feeling like it'll be a Q3 release.

It's just thematic for the season and the arctic. Zoos are also not filled with aztec temples or goyhic castles, but we got those regardless of disney.

Plus, the viking halls are viking style. Style which btw wasn't even used in frozen, but was used in How to train your dragon, which was not a disney movie.
Arendelle is inspired by Norwegian stave churches as is the Arctic DLC. Some zoos (especially in America) are full of ruined temples and many zoos in Europe are located around castles.

Anyway, I stand by my comments and find it baffling that anyone could fail to see that it was an attempt to cash in on the hype.

A perfect pack for me for this summer is Desert/Drylands. Islands are better for me, but would be strangely similar to Tropical pack ,so Deserts/Drylands seems cool for summer, also, we don't have so much desert animals in-game, only 5 habitat animals that have the desert thingy. Also, Deserts/Drylands seems a bit similar to Grasslands, and yes, they are very similar, but there are truly differences, the most remarkable one the foliage and environment.

With this pack we can have animals from South America, Africa, Asia and maybye Oceania.
My pics would be:
1: African Crested Porcupine
2: Hamadryas Baboon
3: Addax
4: Greater Rhea
5: Patagonian Mara or Collared Peccary
6: Sand Cat
7: Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby
8: Thorny Devil

Why not a dromedary camel? Is easily the best option for an anniversary animal, so for now i would keep as that

A perfect pack for me for this summer is Desert/Drylands. Islands are better for me, but would be strangely similar to Tropical pack ,so Deserts/Drylands seems cool for summer, also, we don't have so much desert animals in-game, only 5 habitat animals that have the desert thingy. Also, Deserts/Drylands seems a bit similar to Grasslands, and yes, they are very similar, but there are truly differences, the most remarkable one the foliage and environment.

With this pack we can have animals from South America, Africa, Asia and maybye Oceania.
My pics would be:

Why not a dromedary camel? Is easily the best option for an anniversary animal, so for now i would keep as that
That's a nice pack! I think the Porcupine is a great idea for a headliner. Whatever the pack ends up being, unless it's an Avian pack, I can't see them not putting in one of the two of an Old World Porcupine or Tasmanian Devil.

I’ve been spitballing an idea for the last couple days. I’ve been trying to cover animals that live in North America, mainly in the deserts of the United States into Mexico. I loved the North American animal pack, but I would love some new props (and maybe a small amount of pieces to work with) to represent North America more. I also think North America is an incredibly diverse continent, and we need more animals that can live in deserts anyways. So here is a very rough draft of the pack.

I don’t have a name yet, maybe “Wild West”? The name doesn’t matter much.

Animals
  • The American black bear is found from the taiga of Canada into the deserts of Mexico, it would be the largest animal in the pack. While I am trying to think of animals found in the desert, the black bear can live in a variety of environments, so it would be very versatile long term.
  • The white tailed deer would be very similar, it is found from Canada all the way into South America.
  • The collared peccary would be perfect, giving us a pig for almost every continent.
  • The coati would be a very intelligent animal, and is also very popular.
  • The wild Turkey would be great as a habitat bird, and I was thinking it could get a lot of inter species bonuses with the (less toothy) North American animals in the game.
  • The roadrunner and burrowing owls would be the other habitat birds introduced, and not only would they get a bonus with each other, but also with the prairie dog.
  • For the exhibit I have no idea, I’m inclined for an aviary exhibit with birds. Maybe the walkthrough exhibit could work like the walkthrough habitats, what makes it a walkthrough is only if you give guests access. I was thinking one (or more) of the following: Turkey vulture, great horned owl, or red tailed hawk. Or if Frontier wants to continue being funny, add the Mexican free tailed bat before they add birds.
  • If it’s a normal exhibit then, idk, the chuckwalla? Maybe a desert tortoise, collared lizard, a toad of some sort, etc.
  • Ok so I know frontier would never have this many birds in a pack, so feel free to add the ocelot, or coyote to make it more realistic. Or maybe a Mexican wolf or a big horn sheep.
Props
  • Basically Wild West themed items, miner tools, old lamps, latch posts for horses, old carriages and wheels, signs for sheriffs office etc. Some placeable skeletons would be cool for the desert theming, and obviously we would get some cool desert foliage.
  • I was also thinking some props themed around Mexico would be cool, like some placeable Alebrejas, ponchos, sombreros, etc.
  • Obviously the animals would get there own signs too, and I would want the statues to continue the Mexican/ Wild West theme.
The update
  • To fit in with the theming of the “Wild West” and the “last frontier” animals that are released into the wild can now be tracked. It was a feature frontier put in their Zoo Tycoon game, and I actually kind of loved it.
  • Also pipe dream, but if Frontier Adds the 3 birds seen in the update let us set up bird shows! The red tailed hawk, turkey vulture, and great horned owl would be perfect for that.
Just spit balling some ideas here, I would love to see some more North American representation.
I personally need absolutely none of those animals, but the props I'm waiting for already forever....

My pics would be:

Loooove this. Well, the first 4 at least, the others are nice to have. Don't see them add another pig so close to the last pack we got, though. (God, it was so uninteresting to me, that I even forgot it's name... tropical pack?)

Genuine question: why is the addax so popular for desert/drylands packs? I get that it has a conservation value, but doesn't it add to little considering we already have the scimitar horned oryx? I, personally, consider the blackbuck a much more interesting choice, even though it is not a true desert animal, as it would give an antelope to India, which so far has none. Or, if this slot has to go to North africa, why don't take the barbary sheep or the african spurred tortoise?

Last edited:
Genuine question: why is the addax so popular for desert/drylands packs? I get that it has a conservation value, but doesn't it add to little considering we already have the simitar horned oryx? I, personally, consider the blackbuck a much more interesting choice, even though it is not a true desert animal, as it would give an antelope to India, which so far has none. Or, if this slot has to go to North africa, why don't take the barbary sheep or the african spurred tortoise?
Maybye is because of the ZT2 nostalgia, also is a very beautiful animal with unique aspect and would fit so well in the game, but i need to agree with the blackbuck, they are a complete must for every Indian section.

Back
Top Bottom