COMPLETED CG Support Sirius Atmospherics initiative by providing ammonia world exploration data (Exploration)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Yes, but I think T1 should be harder to reach across the board (perhaps 50%) before CGs "succeed".
I don't disagree, but that's a wider issue. There's a lot of unwarranted negativity in this thread (not singling you out) for FD introducing a new style of CG. Must be very disheartening to read.
But then a lot of the comments are from non explorers. Doesn't make it any better though.
?
Have I missed something?
I haven't reached the bubble yet so I can't confirm my own findings, but based off of Factabulous' observations it seems that you get some reports based on the overall value for the system. Probably just systems that contain the Ammonia Worlds.

To my knowledge there has only been one CG in the whole time they've been run that has not hit tier 1. It's a fundamental issue with the system, and certainly not specific to this CG.

AW aren't that rare, certainly not compared to some of the Gas/Water Giants, or even ELWs. I've been travelling through Kepler's Crest and I found about 10 in two days. Who would have thought for an Exploration CG you might need to travel outside of the bubble 😲

I'm sure a lot of the developers don't explore as much as they do combat, but how would we know. You see them doing combat on the streams (though that's mostly the CM team) because they make for more interesting streams than exploration. I've seen plenty of the team posting pictures on social media of them exploring. But I'd still probably agree that it's the least chosen profession. Might explain why we had to wait for 4 years for any updates to it.

Don't forget it's not just the AWs that are giving reports for the CG.
Also Water Worlds don't tie in with the narrative.

No I love that's It's a exploration CG, and requires leaving the bubble, but you're not finding alot of AWs without getting a list of already reported AWs from a site, and even with people doing that, It's still not enough to move that progress bar.

Seriously, I wouldn't be shocked if the galactic forge or whatnot, didn't even generate that many in the entire galaxy(luckily already discovered/mapped by others, still count if you give in that data).

You clearly get insane credits for any terraformable world(It's probally why I made 510m in 5h, I was running into a ton of high valued systems), but you only get CG points for AWs.

I didn't get any reports for the water worlds I found(and most of the ones I found, were terraformable)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Can a dev/moderator please clarify?
Yes please.
I can't confirm more that what's written in the first post
full engineered Detail Surface Scanner with twice the normal probe coverage.
That reads to me as a fully G5 engineered DSS, but with twice the normal probe coverage that would give you.

I mean the golf mini game is far too easy with a G5 engineered DSS anyway, double that is just overkill.

1607100009777.png

HMMM I can't figure out what the truth is...

Attachments

• 1607099858508.png
    1607099858508.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 121
I don't disagree, but that's a wider issue. There's a lot of unwarranted negativity in this thread (not singling you out) for FD introducing a new style of CG. Must be very disheartening to read.
In truth, I don't think I've been overly negative in this thread. I was just disappointed that they adjusted the threshold as this would have been one of the few CGs that had even the remotest chance of failing to meet T1. Having a failed CG would have been an interesting development in itself, but failing this one in particular could have had meaningful ramifications down the Thargoid storyline.

I said earlier (perhaps in this thread, perhaps not) that giving weighting to CG elements is a nice idea - so giving extra weighting to planetary-only commodities for instance - would be an interesting twist and give some options to commanders - rather than always shipping the most convenient/biggest profit margin.

Although I can see how it is disheartening not to see the progress bar move quickly, i like that the tier 5 goal is so hard to achieve. We’ve nearly hit tier 1 so the CG will “succeed” it just wont end before the weekend is over like so many others. Having the tier five goal post far out gives explorers confidence that they can plan a long route, be back within the week, and have their contribution counted.

Delivered random data to Bushkov Horizons (Sirius Atmospherics asset) at Mons just to be sure - the current exploration payout bonus is specific for the Betancourt Base station. Will test again when the CG payout reward is active, but I'm expecting it will be the same thing.

This CG is an awesome opportunity to go for Elite in exploration. I've pulled the ammonia list on EDSM and put those systems in the multi plot router, scanned and mapped all AW within 80 ly of Sol (including those at annoying SC distances) - that's 58 systems and I got around 280m for that.

Exploration folks are very hardcore - at 174 reports this isn't enough for top 10 but I'm pretty confident this is enough to stay within top 75%, though I will keep pushing at least until tier 1 is reached.

Considering the reward for tiers in this CG is just an extra pay/time multiplier (we're already getting one week of 4x during the CG for "free") I'm surprised the structure isn't done so that tier 1 is the hardest tier - it is the tier that will move the plot forward.

This is a very unique CG and I applaud Frontier for it. I don't think I would ever head out exploring specifically ammonia worlds. Along with the tier 1 being the hardest tier, another feedback I would give is to reward first scans/maps more. That's what really pushes the exploration progress, considering the AW rarity this could easily be 10 points for a first scan and 30 for a first map. Lastly, it would be logical for scan and map to stack, so a scan+map would give 4 points instead of 3. You can get 4 if you scan, deliver and then head back to map it.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in picking up some big AW scans "east" of the Bubble and possibly finding lots of unexplored AWs along the way:
within about 9k LY of Sol to the 'east'
Synuefou AY-G D11-24, 154.9 mass, just found and not tagged!!
Swoiphs LI-R D5-18, 35.6 mass
Flyae Dryoae LD-Q D6-16, 72.1 mass
About 12k LY out:
Eadgosh RN-K D8-6, 293.1 mass

I don't get this CG, I know I turned in at least one full scan of an Amonia atmosphere planet to the station in question and I am still at 0. I just use the cartographer right?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom