COMPLETED CG Support the Saud Kruger Exploration Campaign

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Vistaenis
Station: Youll Port (Orbis starport, large pads available, 302 Ls from main star, 149.35 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Earth-like World exploration data
Time limit: 30th September 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description

An initiative to gather data on potential tourist destinations has been launched by shipbuilding corporation Saud Kruger.
The manufacturer of luxury passenger ships aims to identify Earth-like worlds that would be suitable for holiday trips. These will be run by its subsidiary, Astrogator Tours.
CEO Stanislav Kruger announced the campaign to the press:
We are keen to acquire data on Earth-like worlds, to assess their suitability as destinations for future holidaymakers seeking the adventure of a lifetime. However, all exploration data is valuable and will earn generous payments.
In addition, our marketing department is keen to receive images of eye-catching sights found within unpopulated systems containing earth like worlds, to spot the most potentially exciting additions to the Astrogator Tours catalogue.
Contributing pilots are invited to deliver exploration data to Youll Port in the Vistaenis system. They can also submit their most compelling images by the 30th of September. By the 28th of October, the most suitable locations will receive tourist beacons and where appropriate credit the commander for their submission.
Although Saud Kruger is paying handsomely for all exploration data, it is the data on Earth-like worlds that will really progress the research, with data from mapped Earth-like worlds being three times as useful.
Depending on the tier reached, Saud Kruger will offer reductions on the entire range of Saud Kruger ships as well as luxury passenger cabins from the 1st of October 3307 lasting one week.
Tier 1 will provide a 10% discount. Each additional tier will provide a further 5% discount up to a maximum of 30%.
There will also be a livery discount on Dolphin, Orca and Beluga Liner paint jobs at 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% based on the tier reached over the same period.
If Tier 1 is reached:
  • The top 75% of contributors will receive a class 3 Business Cabin.
  • The top 50% of contributors will also receive class 5 First Class Cabin.
  • The top 25% of contributors will also receive a Dolphin in Prestige Yellow.
  • The top 10% of contributors will also receive an Orca in Prestige Yellow.
  • The top 10 contributors will also receive a Beluga Liner in Prestige Yellow.
These rewards will be in place by the end of Friday the 1st of October.
This initiative will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the initiative will end immediately.
To earn rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before handing in exploration data for Earth-like worlds among your other data at Youll Port in the Vistaenis system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Station Services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Social Space
  • Only scans & maps of earth-like worlds count towards the CG, with maps worth 3x vs scans
Latest status
Last updated: 27 September @ 11:20 UTC-Tier 2 reached
Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 100,053 reports delivered
Contributors: 1,330
Reward Tier: 2/5
Global Reward: 15% reduction on all Saud Kruger ships + luxury passenger cabins.
Also 10% discount on Dolphin, Orca and Beluga Liner paint jobs from 1 Oct for 1 week.
Top 10 CMDRs: 5,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 4,500,000 CR
Top 25%: 3,500,000 CR
Top 50%: 2,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 1,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 150,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting a ship with a new PJ as opposed to unlocking of said PJ is a 1st isn't it?

Means you better not sell it by mistake after earning it.

Road to Riches conga line everybody!!!

I have a pretty good catalogue of ELs in my inventory. Can I go out and -remap these and turn those in, or is it first discovery only (I guess that would also still be me)..

Sorry if this is a bad question, my head hurts LOL

I have a pretty good catalogue of ELs in my inventory. Can I go out and -remap these and turn those in, or is it first discovery only (I guess that would also still be me)..

Last CG like this was for Ammonia worlds and (if I remember correctly) it credited Cmdrs with 1 point for an FSS scan or 3 points for a DSS scan.

The only difference between existing and new discoveries was the bonus credit payout (which didn't affect CG contribution).

This is why we all ended up using EDSM/EDDB/Spansh and just scanned all the nearby ones already known.

Got a bit boring after awhile TBH and I think top 10 was only around 300 with top 10% around the 60-120 mark.

With PJ's on offer those numbers might go up a bit.

I'm guessing the former, although I would hope the latter so we don't get conga lines of ships doing the exact same route.

I suppose the incentive to find 1st discoveries is that you're more likely to get a tourist beacon attached to one.

Weigh this up against the time taken to just follow a route like above and you're basically choosing between chasing a PJ or possibly getting your name on a new beacon.

Thanks folks. It's ironic that the best-quickest way out there would be the FC, but as I read the U7 thread, they are broken.. Not sure how this CG is going to go..

The reason I was thinking along these lines are for the photo part of the CG. For instance, I have an EL orbiting an EL, and several ELs INSIDE of a couple different nebulas, etc. So, thought those would be cool but really want the FC working or I couldn't even swap ships LOL

Last edited:
I might as well skip this one.

Although, maybe my Epic alt, which failed to reach elite in any of the trades, could benefit from selling some exploration data.
Still, i remember the last Ammonia CG being quite a drag that was saved by the super-engineered enhanced radius DSS.
So yea... i'm a bit on the fence on this one

Woohoo! Top 10 baby \o/

1632407062945.png

Getting a ship with a new PJ as opposed to unlocking of said PJ is a 1st isn't it?

Means you better not sell it by mistake after earning it.

Road to Riches conga line everybody!!!
I take it it's the same Prestige Yellow paint jobs currently in the store, except this time you also get an in-game ship with it? (Good prize for those saving money in game and in real life)

Can one of the community team confirm this please? @Bruce G @Arthur Tolmie @Zac Cocken
forc_fdev_v_dolphin_1051-1.jpg
forc_fdev_v_orca_1052-1-1.jpg
forc_fdev_v_beluga_1046-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom