COMPLETED CG Support the Scriveners Dredger Update Initiative (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The data side didn't need group collaboration at all - you can't store data on carriers, but you can "haul" it in a max-range DBX or any other ship, since it doesn't take space or add weight.

That means they could each work individually, as they did to great effect in the first few days.

Also, data can't be intercepted at the unload side and destroyed to prevent delivery.

And data is not lost when one's ship blows up.

The cargo, on the other hand, did fall victim to both types of griefing - and still won. Imagine how different those graphs would look, if all of the cargo had made it to the intended destination?

Based on the information we have, there's no reason to believe that Orion would share with the rest of the population - they only demanded that the Scriveners share with them. And in the absence of any other information, their method of "negotiation" suggests that it was more likely that they wouldn't - once they got what they wanted, they'd dump the Scriveners in a back alley and deny any knowledge of having slipped anything into their drinks...

They do, if you want to draw any conclusions about it - otherwise, you're just speculating wildly. One can only draw conclusions based on the information we have.
Complete and utter RUBBISH. No opposing side in a CG can compete with (somewhat elitist) FC's spoiling what used to be a good part of the ED game.
FC's are great concept when used for exploration and mobile bases as intended, or for trading for profit in distant markets, not in any CG's which have to involve complex math because of any FC involvement, just permit lock them out!!!!

Complete and utter RUBBISH. No opposing side in a CG can compete with (somewhat elitist) FC's spoiling what used to be a good part of the ED game.
FC's are great concept when used for exploration and mobile bases as intended, or for trading for profit in distant markets, not in any CG's which have to involve complex math because of any FC involvement, just permit lock them out!!!!

From what I read, the collaboration between owners of fleet carriers and players without who wanted to assist in contributing as much as possible to the trade goal pretty much epitomised what a "community" goal should be all about.

From what I read, the collaboration between owners of fleet carriers and players without who wanted to assist in contributing as much as possible to the trade goal pretty much epitomised what a "community" goal should be all about.
No, its like taking a Transit van to say, B&M and buying 1 pallet of compost and taking it to B&Q across town, and unloading and selling for a profit then rinse, repeat.
Suddenly, a queue of 10 x 60 ton Artics appear in B&Q car park and need offloading 26 pallets off of each Artic, NO BRAINER for a little transit in the B&Q car park, but just wouldn't happen realistically as Artics owners and drivers would ALL require profits for fuel, time spent etc. and B&Q would only take so many pallets before running out of space.

FC's owners have so much money (by necessity) that they do it at a loss and for the CG side they think is the most 'good' or 'worthwhile' just like a charity.
It Stinks and unbalances well thought out CG's by FDEV, who usually have to adjust with the Finger of God on Friday (as Cmdr Cori said in the Scrivenors Trade thread) .

No, its like taking a Transit van to say, B&M and buying 1 pallet of compost and taking it to B&Q across town, and unloading and selling for a profit then rinse, repeat.
Suddenly, a queue of 10 x 60 ton Artics appear in B&Q car park and need offloading 26 pallets off of each Artic, NO BRAINER for a little transit in the B&Q car park, but just wouldn't happen realistically as Artics owners and drivers would ALL require profits for fuel, time spent etc. and B&Q would only take so many pallets before running out of space.

FC's owners have so much money (by necessity) that they do it at a loss and for the CG side they think is the most 'good' or 'worthwhile' just like a charity.
It Stinks and unbalances well thought out CG's by FDEV, who usually have to adjust with the Finger of God on Friday (as Cmdr Cori said in the Scrivenors Trade thread) .
Can somebody translate that for the Yanks in the room?

Can somebody translate that for the Yanks in the room?
I think I got this. It's like a Switcher going between yards hauling one car at a time, putting them into a siding one by one. Then a mainline freight train pulls into the destinaton yard with a long train of cars, so the Switcher shunts them off the train and puts them into the siding. These mainline trains keep coming along, and the Switcher keeps on shunting.

I think I got this. It's like a Switcher going between yards hauling one car at a time, putting them into a siding one by one. Then a mainline freight train pulls into the destinaton yard with a long train of cars, so the Switcher shunts them off the train and puts them into the siding. These mainline trains keep coming along, and the Switcher keeps on shunting.
Ah, they are train companies. Got it! (y)

Source: https://youtu.be/8bdeizHM9OU

¯\(ツ)

I completely disagree with such view. FCs are now integral part of this game and is up to each player to decice how to adapt to such fact. No one forced FDEv to make two different type of goals for one CG as a competition … imo it was interesting decision and a good one. It was challenging, it needed cooperation, tiers were well set (CG didn’t end early and almost hit Tier 4/5), and mainly it was fun … personally I call it “perfect “ result for everyone who participated in the planning and preparations of this community goal.

Last edited:

"Many in the scientific community have pointed out that the contents of the Knowledge Core, around which the Scriveners’ entire culture is based, will now remain a mystery. There are rumours that this tribe of academic researchers have acquired data about the Guardians during their decades of wandering, which was perhaps the real prize sought by Orion University.”

Maybe it would have been a different result if we'd heard those rumours during the CG rather than after it? I guess we'll never know.

(although Orion were still dodgy as hell)

"many" = more than one, but definitely not a majority. I.e. we asked a few scientists on the OU ship, got two to agree with this and extrapolated from there.
"there are rumours" = this is my (i.e. the author's) idea, but in order to not sound completely round the bend, I will hint that I got this from multiple outside sources who prefer to remain anonymous.

Prime example of (British?) tabloid speech

"Many in the scientific community have pointed out that the contents of the Knowledge Core, around which the Scriveners’ entire culture is based, will now remain a mystery. There are rumours that this tribe of academic researchers have acquired data about the Guardians during their decades of wandering, which was perhaps the real prize sought by Orion University.”

Maybe it would have been a different result if we'd heard those rumours during the CG rather than after it? I guess we'll never know.

(although Orion were still dodgy as hell)
I thought that was pretty obvious. Of course we didn't have any guarantee that OU would have shared it with everyone either and we may see the Scriveners again in the future.

But I think it was pretty clear that this CG's theme was "get access to Knowledge Core" vs "Scriveners' rights".

I thought that was pretty obvious. Of course we didn't have any guarantee that OU would have shared it with everyone either and we may see the Scriveners again in the future.

But I think it was pretty clear that this CG's theme was "get access to Knowledge Core" vs "Scriveners' rights".
That part, maybe. But this is the first I heard that they might know something about the Guardians.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom