COMPLETED CG Support Torval-Mastopolos Mining Campaign

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: LTT 198
Station: Pride of Bitterwood (Megaship, large pads available, 486 Ls from main star, 72.33 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver mined Coltan, Gallite, Praseodymium and Silver
Time limit: 26th August 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Torval-Mastopolos Mining and Wreaken Construction have requested deliveries of mined materials to the LTT 198 system.
LTT 198 State Ltd, its controlling faction, will only allow one of the rival corporations to remain permanently. The company with the most successful campaign will establish a new starport in the permit-controlled system.
Senator Zemina Torval, who has sole control of the Mastopolos Mining subsidiary, announced:
My company is working on an experimental mining laser with increased range. To achieve this, shipments of coltan, gallite, praseodymium and silver must be delivered in sufficient numbers to the megaship Pride of Bitterwood in LTT 198.
LTT 198 State Ltd will provide all contributors to these initiatives with temporary system permits lasting one week.
If Tier 1 is reached, the top 10% of participants will receive a fully engineered class 1 rating D mining laser with long range. The module will be placed in storage at the Pride of Bitterwood in EGM 559 by Friday the 27th of August 3307.
Should Torval-Mastopolos Mining be victorious the top 75% of participants will receive the module along with permanent permit access to LTT 198.
The two factions have set out seven-day campaigns, which will end early on Thursday the 26th of August 3307. If one faction meets its objectives earlier than planned, the initiatives will end immediately.
To be eligible for rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Coltan, Gallite, Praseodymium and Silver to the megaship Pride of Bitterwood in the LTT 198 system.
Please note that these commodities must be mined rather than purchased to count towards your personal contribution total.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Notes:
Pristine metallic ring finder website: http://edtools.ddns.net/index.php?s=
-Courtesy of CMDR VicTic
  • Station Services: Commodities Market, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel
  • Prices @ Pride of Bitterwood
    • Coltan: 12,326 Cr/T
    • Gallite: 23,830 Cr/T
    • Praseodymium: 17,240 Cr/T
    • Silver: 74,446 Cr/T
Latest status
Last updated: 26 August @ 06:00 UTC-finished

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 849,164 tonnes delivered (Tier 5 target: 1.6M tonnes)
Contributors: 1,764
Reward Tier: 3/5
Global Reward: None listed
Top 10 CMDRs: 96,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 60,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 36,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 24,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 6,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 600,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait, Torval's side doesn't grant a permanent permit? And might put a long-range mining laser on a tech broker, but doesn't reward any modules?

Neither proposed module is great -- you don't want your collectors to be far away from the fragments that come out -- but I do think Torval's laser is a little more interesting, because the abrasion blaster requires much better aim

So the reward is not just a long range mining laser but the eventual unlock the availability of that mining laser for everybody, possibly at tech brokers.

So wait, Torval's side doesn't grant a permanent permit? And might put a long-range mining laser on a tech broker, but doesn't reward any modules?

Neither proposed module is great -- you don't want your collectors to be far away from the fragments that come out -- but I do think Torval's laser is a little more interesting, because the abrasion blaster requires much better aim
I presume this long-range mining laser could be the equivalent of a class 2 mining laser, with extra range? Similar to the existing Mining Lance powerplay weapon, only with a better mining rate. Shouldn't be difficult for Frontier to implement either.

I presume this long-range mining laser could be the equivalent of a class 2 mining laser, with extra range? Similar to the existing Mining Lance powerplay weapon, only with a better mining rate
Mining Lances are (I believe) class 1. So hopefully the laser is class 2. Hopefully. Wouldn't bet on it though.

So the reward is not just a long range mining laser but the eventual unlock the availability of that mining laser for everybody, possibly at tech brokers.
Ah, I see. The web site is missing this text:

Pilots who support our manufacturing process will be rewarded from one of the laser’s first batch.

Question: I know minerals have to be mined to count. If I put a buy order up on my FC, and someone fills it, then I go turn in those minerals to the CG ... do they count for my CG credit?

Been a long time since I mined for a CG. I wonder if Metal-rich or Metallic might offer a better overall tonnage? And are mapped runs still a thing these days, asteroid belt or otherwise?

Silver is being bought for 74k, if you care about profit at the same time

Maps are thing, but I doubt there are any maps for the 4 minerals in question here

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Dumb question: It has to be mined? You can't buy it in commodities and sell it like you do with trading?
(I've never done mining before)

Dumb question: It has to be mined? You can't buy it in commodities and sell it like you do with trading?
(I've never done mining before)
Has to be mined.

Also not a dumb question at all - 'Why has my contribution not been recognised when I just dropped off 200 tons that I bought' is the dumb question, one that we see in every mining CG and will no doubt see at some point in the next 24 hours in this thread :ROFLMAO:

Has to be mined.

Also not a dumb question at all - 'Why has my contribution not been recognised when I just dropped off 200 tons that I bought' is the dumb question, one that we see in every mining CG and will no doubt see at some point in the next 24 hours in this thread :ROFLMAO:
To be fair, the OP literally says:

"Please note that these commodities must be mined rather than purchased to count towards your personal contribution total."

😜

To be fair it's not exactly intuitive, just a random restriction to justify mining CGs when trade should also do the job. Would be nice if the highlighted instructions at the top of the ingame text specified mined goods as well.

To be fair, the OP literally says:

"Please note that these commodities must be mined rather than purchased to count towards your personal contribution total."

😜
I know, they always say that in the CG description in-game too but I make an allowance for the fact that after people missing it in the text for about five years now, asking once is at least reasonable.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Been a long time since I mined for a CG. I wonder if Metal-rich or Metallic might offer a better overall tonnage? And are mapped runs still a thing these days, asteroid belt or otherwise?
These can all be found in Metal Rich rings. Coltan and Gallite also in Rocky rings. Gallite, Praseodymium and Silver also in Metallic rings.

Attachments

• Elite_ Dangerous - Minerals and Where to Find Them - Commodities.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 161
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom