Horizons surface missions to non-existent bases?

Today I have had the Detailed Discovery Scanner reveal landable planets that the Advanced doesn't register as such (unless it's already marked as such in the already registered bodies) Going to take a long time going up this arm I can tell you!

Anyone else had the same?

Billexista

Banned
I was doing missions without discovery scanner and i barely got unknown location for bases, but i like how you can get lost in space without ADS. Definitely good thing that makes you break grind.

Ran into another similar scenario. This time I made sure to go all around the system, ensuring I got within 500LS of everything there and using the basic discovery scanner. After all that, I could not find the surface base specified in the mission.

Does anyone know if the detailed surface scanner is applicable here? Not sure what happened there.

The realistic thing would be for populated systems to all be on a general register and for all ships to have that. This would be the realistic thing.

It *IS* a bug. Case in point

kGfaOib.jpg

just picked up this mission. The Mentsuchua system only has 1 planet, wich you cant land on. Also the Carstensz base doesnt exist according to eddb.

I've just landed at Carstensz Base. I can assure you it's definitely there.

8SGRMtz.jpg

There are 7 planets/moons in the system and two of them are land able.

The planet you want to land on is over 4,000 ls from where you arrive so if you only scanned with a basic or intermediate scanner on arrival it's hardly surprising you didn't find all the planets.

There *are* ways of finding planets/stars with a basic/intermediate scanner at much longer distances but if they in the 100,000 or more range the technique is an exercise in pain.

TL;DR Advanced discovery scanner: don't leave home without it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom