Taxi for Odyssey players

ill just consult the manual...

tenor.gif

chances say no?

They did confirm in one of the recent streams that it would be possible to spend your entire time on foot (i.e. not needing to fly a ship). They didn't elaborate, though, so whether you can move very far is an open question.

I've asked this question before : who are the 2 commanders in the original EDO reveal trailer?

Unless it's all made up, one is the pilot who owns the Cobra, and the other can only be a) another commander ie proper multicrew or b) an npc crew.

So ... dunno :D

They did confirm in one of the recent streams that it would be possible to spend your entire time on foot (i.e. not needing to fly a ship). They didn't elaborate, though, so whether you can move very far is an open question.
They stated you can only go to were the taxi services have services on the stations, so your stuck in the human areas they run in..
Aka if your in the bubble you stuck on the bubble region... This is due to the AI having a fixed max jump range..

I've asked this question before : who are the 2 commanders in the original EDO reveal trailer?

Unless it's all made up, one is the pilot who owns the Cobra, and the other can only be a) another commander ie proper multicrew or b) an npc crew.

So ... dunno :D

I wouldn't read too much into that. An older trailer, I believe for 2.4, had 2 SRVs being deployed from a Cobra.

You can't its AI only controlled legal registerd service provider ships... Its a nice shinny Automatic animated interactive loading screen for them...
Obviously we don't have much information yet, but it sounded like the "AI taxi providers" referred specifically to that Apex Interstellar taxi service. Since we don't know what multiplayer looks like in Odyssey it's too early to say if you can give another player a ride, but that would definitely be a logical feature to support.

Can we interdict a taxi with a cmdr onboard, capture their escape pod and feed them to the Thargoids?
Now we're asking the important questions! :ROFLMAO:

Only if they have plans to improve multicrew where you can join someone's ship in person (rather than through the godawful telepresence), travel to another station, and then get off without being warped back to your point of origin.

It seems like potentially an easy win for FD to do this.

I gather passengers will sit in the seats currently used for multicrew. So the Adder will be able to carry one passenger, whereas the mighty Beluga would be able to carry... erm, two.

If we do get the ability to caary passengers in our own ships, it would be good if additional passengers could be placed in extra seats on a "passenger deck". If the windows are any guide, the Beluga has a large topside passenger space of some sort.

Considering that multicrew only warps you to a ship via Holo-presence, it wouldn't work. As soon as you leave the other player's ship, it will warp you back to your own ship, wherever it was.

Considering there are no ship interiors in Odyssey, and considering how broken multicrew is, I'm banking on player-run taxi services not being a thing.

The wording seemed to be 'within jump range' however far that is, but I suspect moving around the bubble will be lots of little hops with a visit to the travel agent between hops

OP, I added a suggestion several days ago of what your probably asking for:

Top Bottom