Taxi for Odyssey players

Odyssey passengers should be streamlined into regular ED passenger mission, but I do see complications (no player to pickup the mission, what happened if the ship got attacked).

What if Odyssey player wish to board a real player's ship, and to go on a Fleet Carrier to the deep space ? Will be interested to see how all these possibilities are handled.

Could be fun on a cruise ship in game: a murder mystery!
'Oh no NPC Waxworknearfireplace the third, heir to the Mission Giver Cosmetics Company has been found... Mudered!'
'But how!?'
'Murdered by Death!'
Source: https://youtu.be/2qrx8t-HynQ

That'd be a nice little mission during a taxi ride!
It would also excuse this tiny moustache and rediculous Acccccaccccccaaacent I've been developing.

Considering that multicrew only warps you to a ship via Holo-presence, it wouldn't work. As soon as you leave the other player's ship, it will warp you back to your own ship, wherever it was.

Considering there are no ship interiors in Odyssey, and considering how broken multicrew is, I'm banking on player-run taxi services not being a thing.

Aaaaaw....

I just kitted out my Cobra4 with passenger cabins so that I could give all the moaners in the other thread free rides when Odyssye comes!

I'd love to ferry CMDR passengers in one of my Saud ships, but I doubt it will happen for the same reason others have said. Griefing. Flying into a star or taking your passengers to Sag A when they just wanted to go to Shinrarta lol.

Maybe down the line we'll not only be able to walk around our own ship interiors, but other CMDRs will be able too as well, and they can come along for the ride (outside of the limited multicrew function). I wouldn't hold my breath.

The taxi is going to make CGs interesting.
1. Fill T9 with required commodity
2. Travel to CG station on foot via taxi
3. Transfer T9 to CG station
4. Enjoy gankless CG goodness

Some may get salty.

But you can do the same in Solo Play so it's hardly much of a difference is it? Or am I missing something?

Obviously we don't have much information yet, but it sounded like the "AI taxi providers" referred specifically to that Apex Interstellar taxi service. Since we don't know what multiplayer looks like in Odyssey it's too early to say if you can give another player a ride, but that would definitely be a logical feature to support.

Now we're asking the important questions! :ROFLMAO:
Perhaps we can sign up to Apex and fly some of their routes. Be cool to have a chat with another Cmdr while you take him to his destination, I'm thinking "SPACE UBER"

Deleted member 110222

D
As long as there's an NPC option, nobody will use player-provided travel.

Reliability is king here and nothing is more reliable than actual game features.

Top Bottom