TERRA VELASQUEZ

I've been struggling a whole week to unlock her with no success. Not only that I can hardly find covert heists missions (I've been travelling through about 100 systems to find less than 10), but not all successful missions count towards unlocking the engineer: the mission, even if it's been rewarded by the station/mission giver, still shows as Active in Inara logs; when the timer expires the mission is updated as Expired and not Completed.
Proof: Source: https://imgur.com/a/NdZtHz9

I've been struggling a whole week to unlock her with no success. Not only that I can hardly find covert heists missions [snip]

try sitting in 1 place and become "green" with them

for me no heists showed in the mission board till i completed the 6 thefts and i was green with the some of the local factions.

i seen all the theft and heist missions in the same place ...
if there was no heists missions i would just walk around and bug the npc's in the concourse, shine my flash light in their faces, make the vendors think i was buying something from them when i wasnt and interrupt the couples having a chat in the bar ...

then i would go back to the mission board after 4~5 minutes (not 10 minutes as people want you to think) and the new missions would load up and there would be heists missions

if you can find an area that your green with i bet you can get this knocked out with ease

So I did some testing with running missions and checking the journal entries, and at least for me, I only get the "missioncomplete" event if I turn in the mission through the mission board, either on foot or from the ship. If I turn in the mission by talking to the NPC, I only see journal entries for getting the rewards and sharing them with my crew, but there is no actual "missioncomplete" event. This exact same issue is also visible in the session log inside the game.

Other events, like mission status updates and mission accepted show just fine in the session log.

I created this issue about it, would be nice if someone else can confirm this. Just turn in a mission by talking to an NPC, then check Codex - Session log if it shows completed.

At the very least, the journal is not logging all missions, but worse case scenario those missions don't count at all.

Last edited:
So I did some testing with running missions and checking the journal entries, and at least for me, I only get the "missioncomplete" event if I turn in the mission through the mission board, either on foot or from the ship. If I turn in the mission by talking to the NPC, I only see journal entries for getting the rewards and sharing them with my crew, but there is no actual "missioncomplete" event. This exact same issue is also visible in the session log inside the game.

Other events, like mission status updates and mission accepted show just fine in the session log.

I created this issue about it, would be nice if someone else can confirm this. Just turn in a mission by talking to an NPC, then check Codex - Session log if it shows completed.

At the very least, the journal is not logging all missions, but worse case scenario those missions don't count at all.

Thanks for testing. I've added my voice to your issue too.

So we've established it's 6 of each now...

Not knowing that before and reading it as "or" I didn't keep track of how many I'd done of each. Because, why would anyone? How the heck do you track this, then?

Finally got that b... Mrs. Velasquez unlocked. It took 9 covert thefts and 9 covert heists plus other about 6 covert missions which didn't counted towards unlocking. Got the invitation by e-mail, but I didn't got her location marked on the map until I relogged.

Finally got that b... Mrs. Velasquez unlocked. It took 9 covert thefts and 9 covert heists plus other about 6 covert missions which didn't counted towards unlocking. Got the invitation by e-mail, but I didn't got her location marked on the map until I relogged.

congrats!

did you get it from another area?
did you stay in the same area?
an area where you were mostly green with?

what did you do different?

Last edited:
I did, landed on a 'green' station and waited there. Took 48 hours to get 2 covert heist missions on the board, but it was worth it. Now I could play some game, was getting obsessed with these issues haha

I got friendly with the local factions in one system then just waited by the mission board and checked periodically. Think the board updates every 10 mins or so. I always handed missions back in at the same station and she unlocked no problem. Now I need to get the financial projections!

I've been having a lot of trouble myself finding the covert types - done a few of the non-covert ones successfully, without killing anyone no less. So I log in today and immediately find two. Lesdothis.

EliteDangerous64_2021-06-20_15-25-07.jpg

They're really rare. Just have to keep trying. Took me a while to get all 12 done.
That's been my observation too. I figure it's a long term goal, and I'm having fun in the meantime so I'll get there eventually. Love your videos, by the way!

Also, that's two down. 🥳

firefox_2021-06-20_17-18-29.jpg

I thought I'd done with Terra Velasquez after getting the invitation but now I can't find a way to give her the Financial Projections she wants to introduce me to another engineer. In the dialogue that states "I have some Financial Projections for you (16 available)" the arrow doesn't work to add them.

The fact that I've searched for a solution and found nothing tells me that it may be something I'm not understanding or doing wrong, can anyone advise on how I should proceed?

Edit: Got it. Mouse clicks don't work on the arrows but my joystick POV hat does. My joystick POV hat does not appear anywhere in my On-Foot control set. Lame.

Last edited:
I thought I'd done with Terra Velasquez after getting the invitation but now I can't find a way to give her the Financial Projections she wants to introduce me to another engineer. In the dialogue that states "I have some Financial Projections for you (16 available)" the arrow doesn't work to add them.

The fact that I've searched for a solution and found nothing tells me that it may be something I'm not understanding or doing wrong, can anyone advise on how I should proceed?
Use your keyboard. Or whatever input you use for navigating menus, other than the cursor.

Top Bottom