Thank You Frontier For Being One Of The Good Guys

I've been to all three North American nations. Mexicans are my favourite North Americans. Although I do have a soft spot for USians who like steak. Even if they do call Britain, England.

Then whilst the tenet holds, feel free to double down on the irony.

You brits are just still being y because we sent you packing back home. And that we look bad in cowboy hats:)

Sandro aside, I think we can all agree that Australians win regarding rancher style hats. Just saying.

Well... mostly in regard to the revolutionary war I think (or maybe Red Coats – hard to keep up sometimes)

Green Coats. It's where "Gringo" comes from. Roughly translated (to American English), it's "Green....Go!".

So an ex-pat, eh? Or forced relocation?

Go Murica!

That's just baiting the hook.

I shall look down my nose at you. Because I can.

Last edited:
One day SoonTM, that thing is going to wake up and try to eat him.

I kind of want it as a bobble head, almost as much as hula girl – OK, maybe half as much – but then I'm a bit of an explorer, and I'm kind of wondering about its beady little eyes and slithering form staring back at me for thousands to hundreds of thousands of light years and I reconsider my prospects of making it back in one piece. [weird]

Last edited:
I kind of want it as a bobble head, almost as much as hula girl – OK, maybe half as much – but then I'm a bit of an explorer, and I'm kind of wondering about its beady little eyes and slithering form staring back at me for thousands to hundreds of thousands of light years and I reconsider my prospects of making it back in one piece. [weird]

I'm not sure about a bobblehead Space Loach, but I'd definitely love to see it lining the dash in my cockpit :) It's really cute.

I'm kind of wondering about its beady little eyes and slithering form staring back at me for thousands to hundreds of thousands of light years and I reconsider my prospects of making it back in one piece. [weird]

I believe the hula girls need to watch out.

Americans in speedos... The plot thickens. :eek:

Wait, what are we talking about again? [where is it]

Something, something, thanks, Frontier... [praise]

I believe it was thanking Frontier for not being another EA/Activision/Rockstar, whatever.

I for one am really grateful they've towed the line (so far... fingers crossed) and not gone that way, really.

The last thing we need in this game is "Shark Cards" or "Lewtboxes" and all that nonsense.

OK, I know this is way off topic (roughly 97.386% according to my calculations – yet to be submitted to peer review), so please forgive me for that, but if any of you haven't seen Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Buy-to-play with microtransactions will never qualify as "the good guys" to me.
Yes, i am sorry, i'm still from those "ancient" times just a decade ago.
And i honestly don't care how well it compares to even worse practices that have become "common" these days.
That approach of comparing everything with even more atrocious models, as an excuse to make it look "acceptable", just doesn't bite.
That's just how we got here in the first place.
Snap out of it Ziljan, you know you're just paving the way for ever more aggressive customer exploitation.
What about 5 years from now, you're going to defend them for charging players for patches ?

Last edited:
Cosmetics are frivolous from my point of view, something I wouldn't expect as part of the core game features. There were essentially no cosmetics beyond mods back in the day, Nude Raider being the most significant perhaps, allegedly made by at least one of the developers themselves and released through backdoors.

Long and short of it: Frontier making some bit of extra bank off cosmetics isn't an issue, IMO.

Last edited:
Look, I was a teenager once – don't judge me... ;)

Still though, I think it is an interesting and relevant factoid.

Last edited:

Rafe Zetter

Banned
Sorry but he/she has a point. Since your post isn't really related to the thread it's off topic. If you want people to discuss your points you should post them in the appropriate threads. If you don't want people to discuss your points you are just a random internet guy who copy&paste his agenda in various threads to make the most noise.

^^ Another reply who only half read and jalf understood what I wrote.

It WAS on topic - the OP said "good on you FDev for not doing the same sort of tactics as EA and most N Korean games**"

My reply stated the reason WHY Fdev had no other options; so I personally think it's not really warrented to give them a massive pat on the back for not doing it - look at the backlash at EA recently; backlash like that has mortally wounded smaller developers time and again - even some of the biggest names in previous game developments, Black Isle, TTLG, Lionhead, all killed because of poor player ratings about something they did.

In case you hadn't noticed, gamers are fickle and attitudes towards a game WILL CHANGE when they start feeling they are being milked.

If ED went the subscription model the playerbase numbers would fall of a cliff - unless it was a pitifully small one like £2.

If ED introduced MCT's for ingame required items like engineering / permits / ship transfers / loot boxes etc - the "established player" base would be very very very unhappy

And this is on top of a whole slew of content still missing from the KS.

I don't know how they are going to do it, but the two above options are fraught with danger for FDev.

is that clearer for everyone?

** anyone noticed how well Black Desert - the "next generation of MMO" is doing recently? Yeah take a look. Black Desert is a posterchild for how to kill your game by screwing your playerbase for every nickel....

Last edited:
Top Bottom