Thargoid ground combat this month?

as I see it, U13 will be the Thargoid captial ships (or even Thargoids going away entirely for a while due to Salvation's meddling), and U14 in November will be the discovery of the Thargoid homeworld and Thargoid ground missions. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but never am lol. Afaik U13 is largely a bugfix/crashfix/stability/gettingOddyToRunProperly update.

Given that the MAJOR content update is slated for November I don't see how this update can be Thargoid ground combat. I mean if this was Thargoid ground combat, what on earth would MAJOR constitute? And it's not like Frontier to undersell an update. No, I think this will be something else.

I suspect we will see a thargoid capital ships thats all. No interaction until u14

We may see one or to occurrences of something on foot, im thinking the weapon will cause loads of crash sights for downed thargpid intercepters, while we salvage we might see some surviving on foot thargoids.

Maybe a cut scene of one dying

Since the emergening of 3.8 / 4.0 whatever is new is going to be space based I think (since thats the most universal spot in ED before it forks permanently).

So my guess is either Thargoid battleships and/ or Guardian battleships popping up and mopping up.
Thargoids actually become a power....hehehe.

Since the emergening of 3.8 / 4.0 whatever is new is going to be space based I think (since thats the most universal spot in ED before it forks permanently).

So my guess is either Thargoid battleships and/ or Guardian battleships popping up and mopping up.
It already says it clearly, at the release of 4.0 it will be the conclusion of what is happening now, after that everything will be shared except if something is done on foot, man, it makes it clear on the patch page

It already says it clearly, at the release of 4.0 it will be the conclusion of what is happening now, after that everything will be shared except if something is done on foot, man, it makes it clear on the patch page
And unless I'm living in spoon land, I was talking about what is going to be in the Salvation conclusion before all this happens, since everyone is getting to see it.

as I see it, U13 will be the Thargoid captial ships (or even Thargoids going away entirely for a while due to Salvation's meddling), and U14 in November will be the discovery of the Thargoid homeworld and Thargoid ground missions. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but never am lol. Afaik U13 is largely a bugfix/crashfix/stability/gettingOddyToRunProperly update.
I see mostly the same thing. Frontier have said that all versions of Elite will be able to view the conclusion to the Azimuth Saga, though 'view' is an interesting choice of words but that's not atypical for Frontier. But even so, Horizons players can't view onfoot stuff so the way it reads to me, with the code merge happening after U13, onfoot Thargoids seem to be ruled out, given what Frontier have said, at least until after the code merge, which seems to indicate that Horizons players will see the onfoot stuff, but the code merge seems unlikely to be the trigger for it, as it seems as you say, that would be left to U14 to introduce onfoot Thargoids.

But the way Frontier are building up the conclusion with statements like 'the galaxy will never be the same again' leads me to believe that if it relates to Thargoids, it's going to be Capital/Mother Ships, though that suggests more of a continuation of the Azimuth Saga, so maybe they will be gone for a bit? Which could lead to the introduction of the Guardians, but again, that might be left for U14 to begin the new narrative..

TL:DR - Onfoot Thargoids seem ruled out by Frontier allowing all releases of Elite to view the conclusion of the Azimuth Saga - unless the code merge happens with U13, which Frontier have said it isn't. What will happen instead of onfoot Thargoids is much harder to determine.

I see mostly the same thing. Frontier have said that all versions of Elite will be able to view the conclusion to the Azimuth Saga, though 'view' is an interesting choice of words but that's not atypical for Frontier. But even so, Horizons players can't view onfoot stuff so the way it reads to me, with the code merge happening after U13, onfoot Thargoids seem to be ruled out, given what Frontier have said, at least until after the code merge, which seems to indicate that Horizons players will see the onfoot stuff, but the code merge seems unlikely to be the trigger for it, as it seems as you say, that would be left to U14 to introduce onfoot Thargoids.

But the way Frontier are building up the conclusion with statements like 'the galaxy will never be the same again' leads me to believe that if it relates to Thargoids, it's going to be Capital/Mother Ships, though that suggests more of a continuation of the Azimuth Saga, so maybe they will be gone for a bit? Which could lead to the introduction of the Guardians, but again, that might be left for U14 to begin the new narrative..

TL:DR - Onfoot Thargoids seem ruled out by Frontier allowing all releases of Elite to view the conclusion of the Azimuth Saga - unless the code merge happens with U13, which Frontier have said it isn't. What will happen instead of onfoot Thargoids is much harder to determine.
What I see with what was said is, The people from horizon could play with those from odyssey in the odyssey settlements that are not atmospheric, but they could not get out of the car which they could not use them but they could fight in them, that is, they could fight in land wars that are not atmospheric, both in fighters and in SRV, but not on foot, at least that is what they imply, that they can join the war without getting off the SRV or fighter and they cannot even be in multicrew in atmospheric, that gives rise to a possible land war in which everyone can fight, on foot, ship, srv or fighter, but those from horizon could not on foot, that means that everyone can participate, hence the 4.0 or as everyone knows it, odyssey lite

INARAWEWANT3.png

What I see with what was said is, The people from horizon could play with those from odyssey in the odyssey settlements that are not atmospheric, but they could not get out of the car which they could not use them but they could fight in them, that is, they could fight in land wars that are not atmospheric, both in fighters and in SRV, but not on foot, at least that is what they imply, that they can join the war without getting off the SRV or fighter and they cannot even be in multicrew in atmospheric, that gives rise to a possible land war in which everyone can fight, on foot, ship, srv or fighter, but those from horizon could not on foot, that means that everyone can participate, hence the 4.0 or as everyone knows it, odyssey lite
Possibly, I read further in the thread after I posted and the mention of this being more of a phase rather than a singular event seems to open the door to some onfoot aspect too as it might overlap the code-merge that is to come after U13. Though I think it's still worth keeping in mind that Frontier said console owners could view it and they will remain on 3.8 after the move to 4.0. We shall see, I'm hoping for onfoot Thargoids myself, I have to say.

Possibly, I read further in the thread after I posted and the mention of this being more of a phase rather than a singular event seems to open the door to some onfoot aspect too as it might overlap the code-merge that is to come after U13. Though I think it's still worth keeping in mind that Frontier said console owners could view it and they will remain on 3.8 after the move to 4.0. We shall see, I'm hoping for onfoot Thargoids myself, I have to say.
true, but I'm going to be at work and you could say, "I can also see it", those words are very ambiguous, and more so if we talk about frontier, it also says in the note, after the update, that even gives rise that the shot will go wrong

but I'm going to be at work
For any event, regardless of the time it occured, you could argue that at least half the world population will either be working or sleeping... So inconvenient for some.
The only way to avoid this is to present a 'movie' when a player logs in at or after the event, or to not produce any content that has an 'event' happing at any particular time.

Top Bottom