Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Well, I do have a Cutter, but so far it's only rigged as fast freighter, with some modicum of hardening and speed for evacuation missions. So that would be a shielded build, then?

I can also try and move over my Clipper modules into the Crate hull, and see what else I'd need. Though ofc that one can't fit a universal limpet controller.

Anyway, since it looks like I'm getting nowhere fast on that front, I wouldn't mind doing some wing missions to pass the time, if you're so inclined. What kind are they? ^^

--

Edit:
Azimuth Multicannons? Autoloader multicannons? What did I miss?
I only know the "Enhanced AC MCs" made by Aegis, but afaik they can't be engineered.

Last edited:
Well, I do have a Cutter, but so far it's only rigged as fast freighter, with some modicum of hardening and speed for evacuation missions. So that would be a shielded build, then?

I have a few Maelstrom builds saved; this one was labelled Introduction due to having no Caustic sinks at first, and it looks like it is built with a later re-fit in mind for the inner Maelstrom. Probably the biggest difference with my Titan rescue Cutter now is that I switched to Dirty drive tuning.

Anyway, since it looks like I'm getting nowhere fast on that front, I wouldn't mind doing some wing missions to pass the time, if you're so inclined. What kind are they? ^^

Pirate massacre, although I meant I would sharing the full stack of twenty, which is relatively close to complete now! Consider the offer still open if you want all the engineering materials—I could nudge you when it becomes share-time.

Azimuth Multicannons? Autoloader multicannons? What did I miss?
Azimuth has been making pre-engineered Enhanced AX MCs (both size 2 and 3) with Overcharged mod and Auto-Loader effect. You can get them at rescue megaship tech brokers, IIRC. (Note that EDSY has not been updated yet to support those.)

Last edited:
Ooer. I see. Yeah just checked on the wiki, yes those look sweet. Ofc they need a lot of thargoid mats so I guess I'll have to go into a CZ with a collector.

@Aleks: well, I won't say no to that. ^^ Most of my mat stocks look pretty solid though, so if someone else needs them more urgently, I don't mean to leech. But free wing rewards are free wing rewards, amirite? ^^

Ooer. I see. Yeah just checked on the wiki, yes those look sweet. Ofc they need a lot of thargoid mats so I guess I'll have to go into a CZ with a collector.

@Aleks: well, I won't say no to that. ^^ Most of my mat stocks look pretty solid though, so if someone else needs them more urgently, I don't mean to leech. But free wing rewards are free wing rewards, amirite? ^^

Nudging was deployed but a bit ineffective—I went with feeding INIV a bit instead, given that we have gone quite a while without completing any missions!

The Azimuth AX Multi-cannons are a luxury item; if you want them, I suggest focusing on the Caustic sink first, then looking for fights while armed with the Enhanced multi-cannons. Mind that the functional price for Auto-loader and a bit extra damage is a lot of heat!

Alongside that, note also that Sirius can provide luxury AX Missile Racks, also quite expensive. Those are excellent versus Orthrus, competent versus other Interceptors, and given the recent Spire site changes they may become almost required for a Spire siege without restocking frequently.

Ah, I didn't expect it tonight and already signed off, but as I said, no biggy ^^

I'll check out the Cutter build tomorrow. Off hand, my current build uses HD lightweight alloys, I'd be hoping the shield would hold. I also have prissies available if that helps.

My intermediate goal is to kill a glaive. I'll try that with a Crate Mk2, which I also need to armour first. Then we'll see.

I'll check out the Cutter build tomorrow. Off hand, my current build uses HD lightweight alloys, I'd be hoping the shield would hold. I also have prissies available if that helps.
Strong shields certainly help in a fight against a Glaive, but a tanky hull will be also required if you don’t have a caustic sink launcher. Make sure to pack a number of HRPs, preferably engineered. Also, if you have the cash, un-engineered military grade composite will give you more hull strength than engineered lightweight alloys.

For collection of materials for your first caustic sink, strong shields will let you shrug off Glaive/Interceptor interdictions en-route easily, but provide no protection against the Maelstrom’s caustic cloud at all. A tanky hull will be required there, too.

BTW, if you can’t find a parking space close to Taranis, just park a bit farther out. Having to make 2 jumps instead of 1 should be hardly a problem since all surrounding systems are under human control now.

Ofc they need a lot of thargoid mats so I guess I'll have to go into a CZ with a collector.
IMO the easiest way to collect thargoid materials is in threat 3 to 4 NHSS-s in Pleiades (spawns half a dozen scouts that are easy to rip through with the non-Azimuth gimballed enhanced AXMC-s available on rescue megaships and Jameson Memorial) or in threat 4 to 6 combat aftermaths in alert systems (spawns a few scouts, threat 6 might spawn a Cyclops).

The hardest to collect is the thargoid ship data that you randomly get by scanning thargoids—I did that in Pleiades, much easier to scan something that isn't trying to kill you.

The most fun way used to be Scythe-baiting in alerts, but that doesn't work anymore...

Perhaps find threat 4 Non-human signals in Alerts? Startling the Orthrus will cause it to provide around eight Inciter Scouts to be scanned and destroyed, noting also that you could try a quite nice scan of the Orthrus itself by avoiding its direct vision at first.

Alternatively, any space Conflict zone ought to begin with many distracted Scouts!

Week 55, 14th December 3309​

Nineteen Alerts repelled at Cephei Sector AF-A c22, Col 285 Sectors KA-G b11-0, NG-E b12-3, KB-O c6-2, UN-H b11-5, YT-F b12-6, SS-H b11-4, OS-T d3-105, JA-G b11-3, ZT-F b12-4, PM-B b14-3, PM-B b14-4, SH-B b14-2, KW-M c7-31 and RM-B b14-8, Arietis Sector LM-V b2-3, Nu Guang and Pegasi Sectors NY-O a7-1 and QE-N a8-1.
One Invasion defended at Kurumanit.
The defended Invasion system will start Recovery.
Maelstroms Indra, Oya and Thor each lose one attack.

Targets updated at 06:30 21st December 3309
Chinas Invasion 98% *98.6%Raijin 17 Ly, 4 ports, 1760 Ls outpost attack
HIP 22524 Control 78% — Indra 20 Ly, 1007 strength
Obamumbo Alert 76% — Indra 19 Ly, 10 Ls starport, 17 Ls outpost, 10 Ls planet
Lei Hsini Control 62% — Indra 21 Ly, 1500 strength
HIP 21261 Alert 48% — Indra 20 Ly, 285 Ls outpost, 285 Ls planet
Hyades Sector NN-S b4-3 Control 48% — Indra 19 Ly, 1277 strength
Hyades Sector PI-S b4-3 Control 48% — Indra 20 Ly, 1146 strength
Hyades Sector JH-V c2-13 Control 46% — Indra 19 Ly, 1388 strength
70 Tauri Alert 42% *43.5%Indra 21 Ly, 2003 Ls outpost
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-1 Control 42% — Hadad 19 Ly, 1333 strength
Scythia Alert 40% — Indra 20 Ly
Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-0 Control 34% — Hadad 18 Ly, 1796 strength
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-2 Control 34% — Hadad 19 Ly, 1658 strength
Col 285 Sector SX-Z b14-0 Matrix 20% *20.6%Hadad 19 Ly
Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-3 Matrix 20% *20.6%Hadad 24 Ly
HIP 32764 Control 20% — Hadad 20 Ly, 1564 strength
Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-6 Control 20% — Hadad 20 Ly, 1739 strength
Col 285 Sector WN-Z b14-1 Control 20% — Hadad 19 Ly, 1968 strength
Iduni Alert 16% *17%Raijin 22 Ly, 423 Ls outpost
Dhang Tzela Control 12% *12.9%Thor 19 Ly, 6125 strength
Mahlina Alert 12% *12.5%Cocijo 21 Ly, 224 Ls outpost
Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-2 Control 12% — Hadad 16 Ly, 3281 strength
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-6 Control 12% — Hadad 16 Ly, 3094 strength
Col 285 Sector UH-C b13-2 Alert 10% — Thor 21 Ly
Col 285 Sector JA-G b11-1 Control 10% — Thor 19 Ly, 2173 strength
Col 285 Sector QB-E b12-2 Control 10% — Thor 19 Ly, 2171 strength
Col 285 Sector RW-D b12-3 Control 10% — Thor 18 Ly, 2497 strength
HIP 19046 Control 10% — Thor 18 Ly, 2446 strength
Luggerates Alert 8% *8.8%Oya 22 Ly, 14k Ls outpost, 1473 Ls planet
HIP 20577 Alert 8% — Indra 18 Ly, 123 Ls outpost, 169 Ls planet
HIP 7338 Alert 8% — Oya 19 Ly, 674 Ls outpost, 986 Ls planet
Vasupari Control 6% — Hadad 18 Ly, 8367 strength
Pegasi Sector NN-S b4-4 Alert 4% — Raijin 21 Ly
HIP 8525 Control 4% — Oya 18 Ly, 8787 strength
Col 285 Sector WY-F b12-1 Control 2% *3.5%Cocijo 21 Ly, 3957 strength
Pegasi Sector NN-S b4-3 Matrix 2% *2.9%Raijin 24 Ly
Pegasi Sector GW-W d1-115 Control 2% *2.8%Raijin 23 Ly, 2866 strength
HIP 13179 Control 2% *2.4%Oya 15 Ly, 14.7k strength
Mapon Control 2% *2.2%Cocijo 18 Ly, 9153 strength
Sambaho Control 2% — Oya 15 Ly, 17.6k strength
Daruwach Control 2% — Oya 16 Ly, 13.7k strength
Cephei Sector AF-A c9 Control 2% — Oya 16 Ly, 3659 strength
Ardhri Control 2% — Oya 14 Ly, 26.7k strength
Cephei Sector AV-Y b3 Control 2% — Oya 14 Ly, 5535 strength
Col 285 Sector KM-V d2-109 Control 2% — Cocijo 22 Ly, 1378 strength
Col 285 Sector TS-H b11-4 Control 2% — Cocijo 21 Ly, 1586 strength
Col 285 Sector US-H b11-3 Control 2% — Cocijo 21 Ly, 1539 strength
Col 285 Sector XT-Q c5-5 Control 2% — Cocijo 21 Ly, 1608 strength
Col 285 Sector XY-F b12-5 Control 2% — Cocijo 21 Ly, 1703 strength
Col 285 Sector ZT-F b12-8 Control 2% — Cocijo 21 Ly, 1600 strength
Iceniguari Control 2% — Raijin 23 Ly, 2643 strength
Pegasi Sector BQ-Y d71 Control 2% — Raijin 26 Ly, 1506 strength
Pegasi Sector BQ-Y d93 Control 2% — Raijin 24 Ly, 784 strength
Pegasi Sector KC-U b3-0 Control 2% — Raijin 27 Ly
Pegasi Sector KC-U b3-2 Control 2% — Raijin 24 Ly, 817 strength
Pegasi Sector KC-U b3-3 Control 2% — Raijin 27 Ly
Pegasi Sector PE-N a8-2 Control 2% — Raijin 23 Ly, 950 strength
Pegasi Sector TK-L a9-5 Control 2% — Raijin 25 Ly, 596 strength
Sugalis Control 2% — Raijin 23 Ly, 2424 strength

Notes
The Alert report lists predicted attackers, and the Maelstrom maps show Control system connectivity.

Week 54, 7th December 3309​

Twenty-four Alerts repelled at Col 285 Sectors JG-O c6-5, EA-Q c5-8, SM-C b13-0, WN-Z b14-5, OG-E b12-0 and VS-Z b14-0, HIPs 21125, 4041 and 19600, Cephei Sectors AV-Y b2 and DQ-Y b1, Pegasi Sectors MN-S b4-2, HH-U b3-2, MN-S b4-0, UK-L a9-3 and JH-U b3-8, Aowicha, 86 Rho Tauri, 77 Theta-1 Tauri, Gliese 9035, Hyadum II, 79 b Tauri, Arietis Sector JR-V b2-4 and 71 Tauri.
Two Invasions defended at HIPs 11111 and 20024.
The defended Invasion systems will start Recovery.
Maelstrom Oya loses three attacks.

Last edited:
Chinas is acting funny, there's still regular NPCs hanging around and using the landing pads (blocking them) at the attacked station and the nav panel still says the system is in alert rather than invasion. Hopefully it's just server lag from the tick.

Ha, good, I parked my Mother Goose right next to Chinas before signing off last night. Time to shred some goids! vroom vroom
Parked my MKII in Schade Hub (the view is nice here) hoping it's one of the 2 surface stations that would come under attack, but seems I need to make my way to Sinclair Colony instead. Good thing I had some practice in open space yesterday and didn't get completely wrecked by the swarms🙃

Parked my MKII in Schade Hub (the view is nice here) hoping it's one of the 2 surface stations that would come under attack

Mind that it has a tendency to transport you automatically to a Rescue megaship if you do that! I think it has to do with the port changing state—it was a long while ago now, but I recall even remaining docked at the attacked port of a completed Invasion system would still move me away when the system entered Recovery.

Mind that it has a tendency to transport you automatically to a Rescue megaship if you do that! I think it has to do with the port changing state—it was a long while ago now, but I recall even remaining docked at the attacked port of a completed Invasion system would still move me away when the system entered Recovery.
only scenario when you being transported not for The Chosen One megaship, but to closest one.

Heh. Never considered "wild camping", but sure, might work. Personally I just park my carrier in an adjacent system and do the single jump. It was much more of a hassle before I had my own carrier, that's for sure.

So, maybe this isn’t hugely relevant - and I’m not sure which of the two (main) war threads this is most appropriate to - but Indra’s gone and proven that the current alert count does allow for 5 populated alerts and still an unpopulated one on top.

Wasn’t the case when they could still throw 20 of them out if the Titan only went for unpopulated targets(not that I recall any weeks where that was the case, personally).

So, maybe this isn’t hugely relevant - and I’m not sure which of the two (main) war threads this is most appropriate to - but Indra’s gone and proven that the current alert count does allow for 5 populated alerts and still an unpopulated one on top.

Wasn’t the case when they could still throw 20 of them out if the Titan only went for unpopulated targets(not that I recall any weeks where that was the case, personally).
Yup. Originally it was 20 points worth of Alerts where a populated one was worth 4 points, but now it seems that it's just a straight 6 alerts.

Don't bother with the invasions - NPCs keep getting stuck on the landing pads so the ability to repair/rearm mid-fight is gone. May as well find a spire system with AX CZs and fight there instead.

Top Bottom