Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

HIP 38235 was broken - there were zero missions being offered in that system. No passengers, wounded, supplies or thargoid exterminations offered. The system had no chance of being saved then, can't say if it has changed now.

(And please, DO NOT fly around with the combat co-ordinator/mission prompt sitting unanswered in your comms panel like the pilot in that video - it blocks all incoming messages in local chat and direct messages, so you can't see if someone nearby is yelling at you...)

Last edited:
HIP 38235 was broken - there were zero missions being offered in that system. No passengers, wounded, supplies or thargoid exterminations offered. The system had no chance of being saved then, can't say if it has changed now.

(And please, DO NOT fly around with the combat co-ordinator/mission prompt sitting unanswered in your comms panel like the pilot in that video - it blocks all incoming messages in local chat and direct messages, so you can't see if someone nearby is yelling at you...)
While I agree one should accept (or decline) the mission. Not sure that "so you can see if someone is yelling at you" is a motivator.

That's a really frustrating result. Just 7 systems, while the total effort delivered would have been enough for 11. -_-
If only people were willing to frickin coordinate, or at least think for 5 minutes which targets are the most urgent and which can wait.

I think people would be happy to coordinate. But there are multiple sites trying to coordinate effort, but those sites don't coordinate with each other. And one site actually has two different priority target lists.

I think some people want an in-game priority target list.

I think we are doing ok with what we have. Never going to get everyone to follow "the leader" even in real life.
That said, who gets to set the list? What makes them the expert? What happens in the extreme when someone colors outside the lines? Humans are funny and tend to turn on their own over the smallest of things.

Last edited:
truth is i have no idea how the BGS works - and i am not interested enough to find out in my very limited game time as it is (if this makes me lazy i apologise but C'est la vie) ............ that said i fully intend from now on just to do what is reccomended in this thread - or what ever ultimately becomes the accepted official thread on these forums (not going to twitter or reddit or what ever however)

Aleks has put the time in to list the systems so am more than happy to take his word for it for now :)

I have a very much "touch and go repair" ax build and seen a few CMDRs idling at the only outpost landing pad in Chinas, not responding to screams of "clear the pad!" whilst my 20% remaining hull gets slowly ablated by a nearby swarm or interceptor.

I would like to know where to go now? Just visited Chanyaya, nothing there, Galmap tells "Thargoid Invasion", but no AX CZs, no attacked ports. I like to fight together with other
cmdrs. Now I'm in Vogulu, still haven't seen any other player. I hope it's good choice. But maybe we will have new CG in afternoon.

I have a very much "touch and go repair" ax build and seen a few CMDRs idling at the only outpost landing pad in Chinas, not responding to screams of "clear the pad!" whilst my 20% remaining hull gets slowly ablated by a nearby swarm or interceptor.
It's usually obvious from what ship they're flying, but they might be picking up "evacuate the wounded" missions which take forever to load up because of the poor UI (and you can't see comms while you're in the station services menus). I try honking my discovery scanner at them to make them close the menu to see what's going on.

Yet another reason why participating in this war in open is problematic...

truth is i have no idea how the BGS works
From the point of view of the Thargoid invasion, you almost certainly in practice know as much as anyone else!
- the progress bar moves if enough people work on the same system
- total effort is enough for about 10 systems a week if optimally distributed, less otherwise.
- if we don't defend a system the Thargoids do bad things to it
You can absolutely, with that knowledge alone, come up with a strategy equally likely to be good to the ones the various group leaderships are proposing.

There is certainly more to it but absolutely everything else we know is at the "well, that's an interesting observation which might have some implications if it wasn't just coincidence, but whether that's important enough to get us to 11 systems a week is hard to say" or the "we basically have no idea how this bit works" stage [1]. Does it matter that Patollu rather than Chanyaya was defended last week from the perspective of someone with no specific attachment to either system? No-one has the faintest idea.

[1] Which I am thoroughly enjoying, of course.

Just visited Chanyaya, nothing there, Galmap tells "Thargoid Invasion", but no AX CZs, no attacked ports. I like to fight together with other cmdrs.
Chanyaya is in its final week of invasion now, which changes the balance of activities which are available quite a lot. If you don't want that, Holvandalla (Raijin) and Yemaki (Oya) are the only others with progress so far and they both should have attacked ports.

Aleks has put the time in to list the systems so am more than happy to take his word for it for now :)
A great deal of time indeed!!!! o7 @Aleks Zuno.

I also can't be bothered with looking at several 3rd party sites.
Need a coordinated one here, even if we get targets for combat, targets for evac wounded missions, etc, or one where we can combine both activities in 1 target system.

Last edited:
Alright let's see - data drawn from DCoH:

There's a total of 21 systems in their final - really final - week before they fall completely. None have an open starport; 4 of them have a damaged starport; 2 of these have very low population (<10k) and the other two >1M:

Chanyaya
HIP 38235

Both have damaged Coriolis starports pretty close to the star, but ofc the only thing you can reasonably do is evacutations.

This week there is a total of seven systems that still have an open starport under attack until the next tick only:

Lubaloutpost3675ls
Arietis Sector MX-U c2-18planetary base~25,000ls
Hyades Sector YZ-O b6-3planetary base2900ls
HIP 11111damaged planetary base
attacked outpost
~2500ls
HIP 18075attacked outpost
damaged planetary base
1500ls
2800ls
HIP 21380attacked outpost
damaged planetary
300ls
250,000ls (sic!)
Varlawotháttacked outpost61ls

All outposts ofc only have one (1) medium pad, and as such are a to defend in Open.
The operational planetary bases are all a bit far out, but I guess 2500 and 2900ls might be manageable.

In the segment that has 2 weeks, 6 days left, there are but 4 systems with operational starports

Namayubase
damaged outpost
Yemakiopen outpost (not attacked)
damaged outpost
base
Trianguli Sector GG-Y c18base12500
Col 285 Sector AF-E b13-5base280

That's all I have for now. Unfortunately the stats don't say which of these planets are accessible for Horizon players.
Personally I'm gonna stay away from outposts bc it's just too easy to get sabotaged there by pad-blocking yokels.

Is there a report somewhere (AXI website, Cannon Website, another ongoing thread in this forum, etc.) where someone is keeping track of the total losses to Thargoids each week? I'd love to know how many occupied systems are falling, how many unoccupied systems are being gobbled up, etc.

It's hard to gauge how well this war is going right now.

Is there a report somewhere (AXI website, Cannon Website, another ongoing thread in this forum, etc.) where someone is keeping track of the total losses to Thargoids each week? I'd love to know how many occupied systems are falling, how many unoccupied systems are being gobbled up, etc.

It's hard to gauge how well this war is going right now.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAJA8ORpH8wxIa4ryD9shPVJgkaRhgZR/edit#gid=1706559621 if you just want the raw stats (the Total sheet)

In broad terms, humans are defending about 10 systems a week to take them out of either Alert or Invasion status. In the same time period, Thargoids are placing about 70 systems a week into Alert status. So the net loss per week is about 60 systems.
On that perspective the war is going very badly.

So far - and there have been various theories about why - the vast majority of Alerts have been placed into uninhabited systems. If - as many AX planners do - you place zero or negligible value on these, then the battle purely for inhabited systems is going rather better, with most recent weeks having been approximate draws where the number of Inhabited Alerts the Thargoids create and the number of Alerts/Invasions shut down is about equal and in some weeks progress is made.
On that perspective "we have the Thargoids contained".

EDIT: this week and last week, of course, the Thargoids have gone for more like 16 inhabited Alerts, so countering only 10 is still not really containment.

Last edited:
may get on for an HR or so tonight after 10pm. failing that I am off work tomorrow so plan to put in a few hrs through our the day in between chores :).

I logged off in Yemaki at Kier Arsenal yesterday evening. I log on now and I'm on the Allied Solace 100LY away!

Kier Arsenal went into Thargoid attack with the reset. Is this normal to happen when a port changes state (I though it happens only when it becomes abandoned)?

No, that's normal. For the benefit of players who may have visited the port with a fragile and/or slow boat. Imagine you'd be stuck there bc you'd get shot up every time you try to leave the station. 👽 And bc the game can't tell if your ride is thargoid-proof, everyone gets evactuated when the port comes under attack.

Top Bottom