Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

but I would guess that much of it is not transferable to Control, so it may be as well not to invest time with preventing an Invasion if it would squander that Invasion capacity next cycle. There are many port-dependent builds out there, designed specifically for port defence, which can also be a lot of fun!
I was thinking about that too and you can make your own ground CZs in control systems if you pick a planet/easy to find landmark like "everyone go b site to the biggest crater on the day side on planet 1A and lets fight there (lat/long, 12.345, -42.069)" it just requires a bit more coordination and having a bit more sustain will be useful (caustic sinks, repair limpets etc) with no repairs.

If you just want to fight scouts you can do the limpet trick to stun the interceptor and blast away at infinite waves of scouts as long as you keep refreshing the research limpets the interceptor gets fixated on.

I was thinking about that too and you can make your own ground CZs in control systems if you pick a planet/easy to find landmark like "everyone go b site to the biggest crater on the day side on planet 1A and lets fight there (lat/long, 12.345, -42.069)" it just requires a bit more coordination and having a bit more sustain will be useful (caustic sinks, repair limpets etc) with no repairs.
In previously inhabited systems, it’s even easier - just pick any surface port, installation or settlement to meet up over.

If people wanted to fight like that, they could just go to CZs in control systems (featured in roughly half of them).
Most players, especially the ones new to fighting thargoids, prefer being able to rearm/repair mid-battle. That's not going to be possible outside of invasions.

If people wanted to fight like that, they could just go to CZs in control systems (featured in roughly half of them).
Most players, especially the ones new to fighting thargoids, prefer being able to rearm/repair mid-battle. That's not going to be possible outside of invasions.
I think fighting thargoids on the surface without repairs might be easier than fighting them in space without repairs and with system AX backup because they don't have swarms and their speed/agility is reduced(?) when near the surface. So that's an in-between step really.

Most players, especially the ones new to fighting thargoids, prefer being able to rearm/repair mid-battle.
I'd say "are forced" instead of "prefer"... Making your own ammo like a prepper from bits and pieces of the shredded and mangled corpses of your enemies or from bits and pieces of millions of years old alien technology doesn't really seem like the perfected war logistics of the 34th century to me.

C'mon Aegis (or whomever), get crackin' with those cargo rack based ammunition units!

What's that? If you send a research limpet, the interceptor is somehow incapacitated? :-O
Yes, I think it locks on to the first thing it sees so if you catch it early as it's dropping in and are in silent running/fairly cool. It becomes targetable while it's still in the hyperspace tear and if you fire a few research limpets at it then it's pretty much guaranteed it'll fixate on those instead.

It also works in hyperdictions but you have to be really quick about it, especially to get both goids in a multi-goid agressive hyperdiction.

Should black boxes and other salvage be turned in at the rescue ships? I'm assuming and hoping so cause that's what I've been doing. On a unrelated note I was just in Tarach Tor delivering a load of 450 critically wounded and stopped 9km away from the rescue ship to kill a pirate conda that was after my evac patients. Right before I killed him a really "special" npc ran up and started shooting repair limpets at him. NPCs do the darndest things sometimes.

Invasions at 07:30 7th April 3309:
HIP 21380 Invasion 58% — Indra 27 Ly, 2 ports, 155k Ls outpost attack, 155k Ls 0.3g planet damage
HIP 116360 Invasion 40% — Raijin 21 Ly, 2 ports, 462 Ls 0.2g planet attack, 1211 Ls outpost damage
HIP 19157 Invasion 24% — Indra 22 Ly, 0 ports, 705 Ls starport damage
Laumas Invasion 24% — Cocijo 29 Ly, 1 port, 255 Ls starport attack, 361 Ls outpost damage
Imeut Invasion 20% — Taranis 19 Ly, 2 ports, 54k Ls 0.3g planet attack, 12 Ls outpost damage

Alerts:
Asletae Alert 52% — Cocijo 29 Ly, 16 Ls outpost, 93 Ls planet
HIP 38225 Alert 42% — Oya 27 Ly, 89 Ls starport, 162 Ls outpost, 88 Ls planet
Orong Alert 36% — Oya 27 Ly, 1045 Ls outpost, 564 Ls planet
Neites Alert 28% — Hadad 26 Ly, 2004 Ls starport, 2055 Ls outpost

Clean-up:
Pegasi Sector QE-N a8-5 Control 48% — Raijin 23 Ly, empty
Arietis Sector JM-W d1-57 Alert 16% — Taranis 61 Ly, empty
Hyades Sector EG-N b7-5 Alert 16% — Taranis 29 Ly, empty
SPOCS 280 Control 14% — Oya 27 Ly, empty

C'mon Aegis (or whomever), get crackin' with those cargo rack based ammunition units!

Often this is known as a fuel tank with Plasma Slug weapons; surely engineer Tod McQuinn can find a way to put that onto Gauss cannons, and perhaps Bill Turner follows with Plasma chargers!

What's that? If you send a research limpet, the interceptor is somehow incapacitated? :-O

If nothing else scratches the Interceptor, it will try to target a limpet drone, including one which is stuck to its back just like this very confused Basilisk!

Great ty for answering I'll make sure to grab everything in the burning stations with each run o7.

If you are evacuating burning ports and you have cargo space, mind that the critically-wounded escape pods should come first there! I would concern myself with salvage only if I exhausted all such missions (or reached 20 missions) and still have extra cargo space and a collector limpet.

Oh yeah no worries my rescue cutter has 536tn of space so it had plenty of room even with a 5a collector and I always stack 20 missions and grab the biggest missions they have. On my last run I picked up everything that was floating around and turned it all in at the bertschinger. Been awhile since I've seen burning starports in the war so I'll grab all I can in em to try to help out more each run. o7

Oh yeah no worries my rescue cutter has 536tn of space so it had plenty of room even with a 5a collector and I always stack 20 missions and grab the biggest missions they have. On my last run I picked up everything that was floating around and turned it all in at the bertschinger. Been awhile since I've seen burning starports in the war so I'll grab all I can in em to try to help out more each run. o7

why 5a Collector? Just use a size 3 Mining MLC - 4 collectors in a size 3 slots.
The size 5 slot can be put to better use

why 5a Collector? Just use a size 3 Mining MLC - 4 collectors in a size 3 slots.
The size 5 slot can be put to better use
Why?...because I didnt know those existed until now lol ty for the tip I'll swing by shin or somewhere and grab one. Size 7 universal's and xeno multis are all I knew existed haven't mined in 2yrs didnt know they came out with those. o7

What's your build? I reckon I'd really struggle to take out NPC Condas in a mainly-cargo Cutter (my own has 720 t though, and essentially no weapons worth mentioning), so your flying can't be too shabby :)
Core internals:
Reactive armor g5 HD deep plating ( total hull hp 3,465)
8a pp g5 oc with monstered
8a thrusters g5 dirties with drags
7a fsd g5 increased range with mass manager
7a life support unengineered atm
7a distro g5 charge enhanced with super conduits
7a sensors with g5 long range
Utilities:
4x oa boosters g5 HD with super capicators
3x Sirius heatsinks
1 shutdown field neutralizer
Hardpoints:
4a mc g5 oc with auto
2x 3c mcs g5 oc with auto
2x 2f mcs g5 oc 1 has auto the other has corrosive
2x packhounds on the nacelles with g5 hicap one with drag munitions the other has thermal cascade
Optionals:
2x size 8 cargo racks
6a prismatic g5 reinforced with hicap (total shield hp 3,573)
Size 6 hangar Taipans with beams piloted by a elite npc copilot(helps with shields)
5a collector limpet (soon to be swapped out for a size 6 rack)
5c spare fuel tank
5h gfsdb
2x 5d hrps g5 HD with deep plating
Size 4 cargo
Size 3 cargo getting swapped for a mining multi limpet
And a surface scanner at the bottom

Npc condas are nothing to this cutter and can take on 2 at a time without breaking a sweat. But I usually get swarmed running 20x critical evac missions it's not uncommon to get a dozen incoming enemy alerts which would take forever to fight. Most of the time I charge towards the rescue ship at high speed slowing down at the end and doing emergency drops a few ls away from the rescue ship. Its nuts how many people want to kill critically wounded refugees lol. o7

Last edited:
LOL, yes and the "juicy cargo" style of NPC messages often seem hugely inappropriate to the actual cargo! :)
Yeah lol I could be full of biowaste and they'd still say that but these aren't normal cargo pirates the incoming enemy alerts seem to be from factions strangely targeting rescue efforts. Simple reverski strategy works on the condas just change up speed back and forth to keep them around 1.5km. If I see pa shots I briefly put 4 pips to shields and if they chaff I switch on night vision and deselect them and manually aim the gimbals.

incoming enemy alerts seem to be from factions strangely targeting rescue efforts
Ah yes I did a few rescue missions lately and got a bunch of those myself. Bizarrely, on most of my rescue trips - despite them typically being 6-ish jumps - the "incoming enemy" alerts didn't come up until I literally left supercruise at the rescue ship 🤦‍♂️ At one point I think I had three Condas pop up beside the rescue ship, make a few threats, and leave :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, manually aiming guns on a Cutter - respect! (I realllly suck at that.)

Ah yes I did a few rescue missions lately and got a bunch of those myself. Bizarrely, on most of my rescue trips - despite them typically being 6-ish jumps - the "incoming enemy" alerts didn't come up until I literally left supercruise at the rescue ship 🤦‍♂️ At one point I think I had three Condas pop up beside the rescue ship, make a few threats, and leave :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, manually aiming guns on a Cutter - respect! (I realllly suck at that.)
Yeah that's how it always goes for me too I run into cargo pirates along the way but once I reach the final system the alerts come in crazy. Ty got used to manual aiming in a vette vs elite fdls when running assasination missions the night vision helps a lot. Yeah it's funny they started parking next to the rescue ship on me and just sitting there trying to get me to shoot at em probably knowing full well the rescue ship will open fire on me if I do within the no fire zone. To counter that I back away to 9km but I still have to wait for them to shoot first or I get nailed by the rescue ship. Npc logic can be bewildering at times

Top Bottom