Community Event / Creation The Big Book of Elite Dangerous Kickstarter Comments

Would you like to read "The Big Book of Elite Dangerous Kickstarter Comments"?

• You bet!!!

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • Nah, it'd take too long. Don't bother

Votes: 29 41.4%

• Total voters
FYI I prepared this data file for Andreas M on this forum, so he's obviously got plans for it too..

Andrew

Yes I am on it. I have done some projects lately that had to do with data mining, content clustering, NLP and stuff like that. I will first try to apply some of those things on the comments, add some plain statistics and then decide by the outcome if it's worth more of my precious time.

I can see this information being very useful in divorce proceedings.

"So this is what you were doing at Christmas rather than talk to my parents", "you told me you were working"

"YOU PLEDGED HOW MUCH!!!"

Cassius,

I've already written something that scrapes all the comments into a markdown document if you want it.

I've not yet run it for the required 40 mins though.

I was wondering how large a book it would make if printed at Lulu.com.

*grins*

I ran the program the other day, took under an hour so i do have all 120k comments extracted (ended up being a 26mb txt file!)

Now i'm just mulling over what to do with all that info. I take on board SnowGhost's comment about having it in a database in order to categorise, so thats one option.

I'm thinking to take a bit of time and run through it all, removing ones that aren't needed. I could write a short prog to do this but concerned it won't do the job... in my opinion theres nothing more capable of evaluation like that than the human mind.

Its a pity we cant just rip the whole thing off as a PDF ,,

I can provide the pdf if you want it... this is the original, unedited, unrefined version though. The file is 54mb, and 2575 pages long lol :p

I know the wife issues when she finds out how many times we jontyed and the pledge level ( have a new sofa she wants as a counter argument)

I ran the program the other day, took under an hour so i do have all 120k comments extracted (ended up being a 26mb txt file!)

Now i'm just mulling over what to do with all that info. I take on board SnowGhost's comment about having it in a database in order to categorise, so thats one option.

I'm thinking to take a bit of time and run through it all, removing ones that aren't needed. I could write a short prog to do this but concerned it won't do the job... in my opinion theres nothing more capable of evaluation like that than the human mind.

I can provide the pdf if you want it... this is the original, unedited, unrefined version though. The file is 54mb, and 2575 pages long lol :p

I'll take a copy... Might come in handy when someone tries to be piratical toward me...

Yep i know, but the program i wrote went from page 1 to x. As i said, the pdf is the unedited, unrefined version... the proper one will be earliest to latest :)

Top Bottom