Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Seven Sisters Speedway Remixed 17th - 27th June 3308 (Magic 8-Ball Championship, Race 5)

Hmmm, thought I'd submitted a Cobra run as well. Maybe I shouldn't try and submit 2 things together... :unsure:

Today I overdid the cookery stuff (Cobra didn't like heating over 300% very much), but then managed to get to Obsidian with 10% hull left only to screw up the backwards entry. Oh, and there was the Thargoid that took it very personally when I kicked it up the bum. Turns out it can go faster than me. And finally, I was just setting up for one last attempt when the Game Bar thing refused to record video. It seems the hard drive was full. And copying/deleting lots of 4Gb video files takes a loooong time...

So no new submissions today :(

[Edit]
I must say I am having a ball with this race.
Me too!

Last edited:
While I may be getting frustrated by my inability to find sufficient contiguous time to do runs in this race, as always I'm having fun when I do get the time.

My biggest concern is that twice at the Squirrel's Nest bar, I've dropped a rather large distance away, rather than on top of it. Has anyone else been having this problem, or has this just been simple happenstance?

While I may be getting frustrated by my inability to find sufficient contiguous time to do runs in this race, as always I'm having fun when I do get the time.

My biggest concern is that twice at the Squirrel's Nest bar, I've dropped a rather large distance away, rather than on top of it. Has anyone else been having this problem, or has this just been simple happenstance?
Dropping out on the other side of the ring?

I make sure to be on the same side of the ring that the neighbouring planet is on. The star is also on that side of the ring, both at a shallow angle but not too hard to tell which side is which.

What Shaye said. I keep messing this up too.

Not the highest temp I managed to get, but it was from a valid run (1st regulation!) so I was already in the video editor.

I should be doing a run this weekend

h2qmAFq.jpg

h2qmAFq.jpg

Wow, at first glance I thought that was a nostalgic repost of the Type-10 screenshot from last time, but no.... a Buluga!!?? 👀

I had been thinking that by including the tunnels it wouldn't be possible to enter a Buluga, but if anyone can @crotalus can - o7 cmdr!

I'll post a Day 8 update in the morning, but for now I just wanted to make sure that I posted a corrected Day 7 Regulation Cobra board that included @Arrowroot 66's run:

Regulation Board.png

Se7en Sisters Speedway Day 8 Update

It turns out that there are only three entries to add for Day 8, so I've updated the leaderboards immediately, but please note that I haven't had time to verify the evidence yet for Day 8, so this update is "pending verification."

So two new runs today in Regulation Cobra Class - first a run with a couple of shenanigans from CDMR @Bruski in Flaming Onionhead Express is faster enough to take the lead from CMDR Elastul Ma'fer (@Ozric). Bruski had already been on the podium, so nobody suffers a plunge down the board today.

Another great run, this time with many shenanigans for an adjusted time of +16:30, was made by CDMR @jspace flying his Cobra Speed Optional into 5th place, a mere 1 second faster than Azzie Elbub (@Ashnak)

Regulation Board.png

Meanwhile CMDR @Shaye Blackwood took advantage of a quiet day in open unlimited class to extend his lead - posting a new time to beat of 27:51 in his iCourier Fireball.

Unlimited Board.png

I'll double check all three submissions in the morning. :)

Just under three days of racing to go - o7

Today went... not well. Never got as far as Squirrel's Nest to try @Shaye Blackwood's tip for getting on the right side of the rings. Mostly failure to get round Obsidian in one piece when turning up with less than 10% hull.

It definitely seems a longer trip back "Ohm" after you've blown yourself to bits. And it was really cool to be in the points on both boards for an hour or so! :)

Not sure if it is a pattern or not but it is strange that all of the top positions are completed in Horizons.
I will be back on the field today frying a Cobra or two.

I'm sure that's entirely down to Hyperdictions being apparently bugged and not occurring in Horizons since update 11 - something that I wasn't aware of until after the race had begun.

At least it's not the other way around, as we have suggested Horizons as the best platform for these reruns, and I'd have hated Odyssey to be pay-to-win for the race. As it turns out it might be pay-to-lose for those cmdrs on the Thargoid naughty list.

I'm reasonably sure that my main cmdr never gets Hyperdictions even on Odyssey though. Going to have a go at my race for my token unranked runs this weekend (in Odyssey), so we'll see.

Last edited:
I'm sure that's entirely down to Hyperdictions being apparently bugged and not occurring in Horizons since update 11 - something that I wasn't aware of until after the race had begun.

At least it's not the other way around, as we have suggested Horizons as the best platform for these reruns, and I'd have hated Odyssey to be pay-to-win for the race. As it turns out it might be pay-to-lose for those cmdrs on the Thargoid naughty list.

I'm reasonably sure that my main cmdr never gets Hyperdictions even on Odyssey though. Going to have a go at my race for my token unranked runs this weekend (in Odyssey), so we'll see.
I will be most curious at your times. I came about midway on my own race which I was quite pleased about. I still have not had one single hyperdiction yet. I have had the goids shooting at me but only because I rammed them.

I will be most curious at your times. I came about midway on my own race which I was quite pleased about. I still have not had one single hyperdiction yet. I have had the goids shooting at me but only because I rammed them.
I'm not expecting to do very well lol, but I always enjoy trying! And this time at least my runs won't be listed on the main leaderboards.

Your runs are in Horizons, so it seems that there's no chance of a hyperdiction until at least the next update. I am genuinely curious whether Cmdr Raiko will continue to avoid hyperdictions in Odyssey - my final testing for this race was all done using my Xbox Cmdr (Horizons only) so no hyperdictions occurred, but I didn't know they were bugged in Horizons at that time. Just assumed I was lucky, as that cmdr had been hyperdicted several times around Christmas doing Operation Ida stuff. Seems from the chat on Discord that it's not been working correctly since update 11.

Dropping out on the other side of the ring?

I make sure to be on the same side of the ring that the neighbouring planet is on. The star is also on that side of the ring, both at a shallow angle but not too hard to tell which side is which.
I managed to still mess this up but tried a manoeuvre that meant I only lost 20 - 30 seconds. I boosted away from the ring until SC was available and flipped through the gap in the rings. I then flipped 90 degrees to face Squirrels and could drop out immediately right on it. It is a dammed sight quicker tan flying 60 or 70 km to the station that`s for sure.

Last edited:
Not sure if it is a pattern or not but it is strange that all of the top positions are completed in Horizons.
I will be back on the field today frying a Cobra or two.

Well, the meteorologists were predicting a storm this morning, so when I went to bed last night I'd hoped to squeeze in a run before work. My brain apparently decided it could use an extra half-hour of nappy time and turned off my alarm instead. :rolleyes: And so, prompted by your remarks, I used my morning breakfast time to go back though parts of my videos of the last two races, to see if I was remembering things correctly. My last run, I'd noticed that both "hip hops" took 48 seconds to complete, where normally I'd expect to see 45 seconds.

I was kind of curious to see if that had been the case in On the Rocks, and it wasn't. Looking into it further, and my Unlimited Run in the 7SS had 46 seconds, which definitely in the range of error for my reflexes or lack thereof. ;) So I'm going to blame it on a network issues at the time, and stick to Odyssey for now. I'll switch to Horizons if I start getting annoyed by those Infuriating Irises. :)

Well, the meteorologists were predicting a storm this morning, so when I went to bed last night I'd hoped to squeeze in a run before work. My brain apparently decided it could use an extra half-hour of nappy time and turned off my alarm instead. :rolleyes: And so, prompted by your remarks, I used my morning breakfast time to go back though parts of my videos of the last two races, to see if I was remembering things correctly. My last run, I'd noticed that both "hip hops" took 48 seconds to complete, where normally I'd expect to see 45 seconds.

I was kind of curious to see if that had been the case in On the Rocks, and it wasn't. Looking into it further, and my Unlimited Run in the 7SS had 46 seconds, which definitely in the range of error for my reflexes or lack thereof. ;) So I'm going to blame it on a network issues at the time, and stick to Odyssey for now. I'll switch to Horizons if I start getting annoyed by those Infuriating Irises. :)
Interesting, I've noticed that mine have gone as low as 43 seconds this race, never seen below 45 before. In fact, when I check now they are all 43 or 44 seconds. I'll have to review my runs from the other 8 ball runs since I've not had hops registered on any of them.

Edit:
Never mind, it's been 43-44 seconds as far back as I have videos. Don't know how 45 seconds got into my mind and stayed there.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
6ku32o.jpg

It had to happen at some point :) I was going to try a couple of shenanigans runs today, but we shall see... It's only 8 seconds, tantalisingly close

h2qmAFq.jpg

Excellent!

Horrifc run this morning in ody (sticking to Horizons to race)
Archery skill - Nil, Pin ball wizard - top notch
add 4 minutes to run
only knock off 20 sec with shennaigans
3 hyperdictions
1 interdiction
all said and done - not impressed
however, try try & try again
better luck next time

Alas we have all had days like this, I certainly do hope you have better luck next time!

Top Bottom