Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Lavecon Lockdown Challenge

Happy Hour scoreboard update (hic)

Odyssey results

PositionCmdr NameShip nameSRV nameSLF nameModePlatformTime
1SgurrDriftfinder GeneralUncertain emotionsBarrier magnetOdysseyPC05:16
2Shaye BlackwoodEmilySpeedwagonArtemisOdysseyPC05:29
3Aken B.Albion SkunkThe Tumbling InitiativeThe Bumbling InitiativeOdysseyPC06:42
4EpaphusHull integrity criticalSpinny BoiTunnel PhobiaOdysseyPC07:20
5SuluThe VaccinatorHyperdermicNeedleOdysseyPC07:22
5Darplata94JunebugGreased LodestoneMosquitoOdysseyPC07:22
7ElfenerElfener's Lavecon TaxiTotally DriveableNotAFighterOdysseyPC08:18
8Psykitthe fuchsia fighterinvisirock discovery servicetiny but mightyOdysseyPC08:45
9CMDR ZekonndTFS KIBAC PLUNGETFS SRV 1TFF KIBAC PLUNGE 1OdysseyPC10:03
10New Model 15StuckoFlat SpinPaintScraperOdysseyPC11:52

Horizons results

1Shaye BlackwoodEmilySpeedwagonArtemisHorizonsPC04:36
2MantiSkunkbackPretty Little DittyTaipan #1706HorizonsPC05:07
3Stan2021BRICK GOES BRRRRRRRRRRwuuuuuuuuuwww ... how long can I make this?nyauuuuuuuuuuu ...HorizonsPC06:18
4Elastul Ma'FerBrickLittle Dune BuggyOut of ControlHorizonsPC06:34
5TechyMr BQuick BrickTorvillPancakeHorizonsXBOX06:55
6Edelgard von RheinEyes Wide OpenSpin CycleRed RobinHorizonsPC08:06

I just had to reveal the full times at this point in order to highlight what's going on in the middle of the Odyssey Leaderboard!

First new submission was from Edelgard von Rhein who continues to push upwards from the bottom of the Horizons table with another solid improvement. I'm really willing Edelgard on who still has room for improvement in the SRV and SLF stages.

Next was from Psykit who did a great stream yesterday. Was hoping to break the ten minute barrier and only went and broke the flippin' nine! Good job. Would have been 7th place were it not for a late entry from Darplata94 pushing everyone down one place.

Speaking of which, a late entry from Darplata94 in the Junebug (shouldn't that be Julybug?) gets an exact tie with Sulu at 7 mins 22 seconds! Would have been a tie for 4th place but Epaphus came back and beat them both to it by just 2 seconds!

Meanwhile, back in Horizons and Stan2021 returned in the BRRRRRRRRRR'ing BRICK with an excellent run of 6 mins 18 secs to snatch 3rd place and a spot on the podium from Elastul Ma'Fer. I was very tempted to impose a penalty for trying to break my scoreboard but I'll let it pass (for now).

And there we have it, Sgurr, Shaye and Aken B. still holding the podium places in Odyssey and Shaye, Manti and Stan2021 the current Horizons champions.

P.S. I just had to share this fabulous moment from Stan's submission where his Keelback passes Manti's SRV coming back through the same tunnel. Glorious stuff!

xvMxBns.png

Nice thing about this race... it's just short enough to attempt a run in the morning before work. Real helpful when life decides it wants more attention. ;) Didn't even have to sacrifice breakfast today. :)

Still a lot of room for improvement, though. :(

You can watch me being overly cautious after getting my fighter stuck in a tunnel here:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwjy-s8xsos&ab_channel=Darkfyre99

Posted new time. RL in the way from now but good luck everyone
For me, it's likely going to have to be tomorrow morning, before the rest of my day off begins. By the time I got home yesterday, I was nursing a headache, so I turned in early, and my attempt this morning was DNF thanks to not noticing I'd accidentally cancelled my boarding request at the end of my SRV run, so it wouldn't let me board. :(

Before I logged out, I set up my SRV and ship at the start location. Hopefully, it'll still be in position when I log back in. 🤞

my attempt this morning was DNF thanks to not noticing I'd accidentally cancelled my boarding request at the end of my SRV run, so it wouldn't let me board. :(
Psykit's first day of racing was plagued by this problem, where her requests to dock the SRV at the station were constantly getting cancelled. Possibly a bug?

With about 31hrs left to go in the race .... it's leaderboard update time!

Odyssey results

1SgurrDriftfinder GeneralUncertain emotionsBarrier magnetOdysseyPC05:16
2Shaye BlackwoodEmilySpeedwagonArtemisOdysseyPC05:29
3SuluThe VaccinatorHyperdermicNeedleOdysseyPC06:26
4Aken B.Albion SkunkThe Tumbling InitiativeThe Bumbling InitiativeOdysseyPC06:42
5EpaphusHull integrity criticalSpinny BoiTunnel PhobiaOdysseyPC07:20
6Darplata94JunebugGreased LodestoneMosquitoOdysseyPC07:22
7ElfenerElfener's Lavecon TaxiTotally DriveableNotAFighterOdysseyPC08:18
8Psykitthe fuchsia fighterinvisirock discovery servicetiny but mightyOdysseyPC08:45
9CMDR ZekonndTFS KIBAC PLUNGETFS SRV 1TFF KIBAC PLUNGE 1OdysseyPC10:03
10Inga StevensonGreat WhiteHail a CrabRemorasOdysseyPC10:11
11New Model 15StuckoFlat SpinPaintScraperOdysseyPC11:52

Horizons results

1Shaye BlackwoodEmilySpeedwagonArtemisHorizonsPC04:30
2MantiSkunkbackPretty Little DittyiPod #0004HorizonsPC04:46
3Stan2021BRICK GOES BRRRRRRRRRRwuuuuuuuuuwww ... how long can I make this?nyauuuuuuuuuuu ...HorizonsPC06:18
4Elastul Ma'FerBrickLittle Dune BuggyOut of ControlHorizonsPC06:34
5TechyMr BQuick BrickTorvillPancakeHorizonsXBOX06:39
6Edelgard von RheinEyes Wide OpenSpin CycleRed RobinHorizonsPC08:06

First new submission was from Inga Stevenson who's remembered the directions now but is still struggling to avoid the tunnel walls. With a time of 10 mins 11 seconds she drops into 10th place ahead of New Model 15 and just 8 seconds behind Zekonnd. Hopefully more runs tomorrow will allow Inga to climb that leaderboard a bit further before the end of the race.

Next was Manti who's definitely caught the Buckyball bug and has been pushing to try and break that 5 minute barrier. Finally managed it and posted a superb time of 4 mins and 46 seconds which would have put the Skunkback only 10 seconds behind Shaye Blackwood's Emily.

Unfortunately Shaye has also been back on the Horizons course where he managed to find another 6 seconds, improving on an already amazing time to finish in just 4 mins and 30 seconds (and he reckon's there's still 10 seconds more to be found). The gap between Shaye and Manti is shrinking but can Manti find that fabled "perfect run" that could put him in the lead?

Then, shaking things up at the top of the Odyssey leaderboard, Cmdr Sulu returns and manages to shave nearly a whole minute off his time, climbing 2 places to snatch 3rd place from Aken B by a good 16 seconds. Excellent stuff but will that be enough to leave Sulu still on the podium at the end of the race?

And speaking of 16 seconds ... that's how much time TechyMr B managed to shave off the Quick Brick's time - posting a time of 6 mins and 39 seconds to reduce the gap behind Elastul Ma'Fer and 4th place to just 5 seconds now.

Anything could happen in the next 31 hours!

I have enough experience to know that a podium place is not guaranteed with only 16 seconds gap. Also this has happened to me quite a few times lol. Cracking race though. Love it so far.

Quick heads up that everyone is welcome to join the Elite racers at 18:00 UTC this evening for a live SRV rally they're running in Horizons, starting at Napier installation (the Horizons start line for the Buckyball Race) and finishing at Sommerfeld Enterprise.

From past experience I guarantee it will be a really enjoyable evening (and terrific practice for honing those SRV skills).

To join in you should head over to the Elite Racers Discord server here ..

.. and go and say hi in their #cafe-saturdays channel.

Just to let folks here know ... despite 5 new submissions including at least one top-3 shakeup, I've decided I'm going to skip today's leaderboard update in order to increase the air of anticipation and excitement for the final results to be revealed tomorrow.

😛

I feel a bit guilty about that now knowing he cannot come back at me. Only a bit of course!

Sorry, only now I realize that the way I wrote it, it looked like I was already done. Well, I was at the time of writing, but that "No." was a sincere one. Hope you still have time. 🤭

Top Bottom