The Build-It Zoo

I was thinking about it, especially since I finished the okapi enclosure last night, so now I'm not sure what to do in Boogaloo Zoo until Monday. I may put down my restaurant, I guess, and beautify the area.

I'm trying to get scarabs for the bug house, but for some reason I'm not getting any available. It's freaky deaky.

EDIT: Ok, I'll get bongos as well. I'm making the exception ONLY because they realistically can live in the same enclosure, while mandrills are kind of territorial so it would be weird to have them living alongside okapis
Ayyy dope

Ok, since I finished the enclosure early, y'all will be getting a view of the updated zoo.

download.jpeg

Many improvements, specifically in the gardens.
download (1).jpeg
download (2).jpeg

Our first restaurant, Cafe Animalia. Be sure to get chef Arnold's exquisite tacos

download (3).jpeg

Improved pygmy hippo haven, with more plants. (Thanks @NZFanatic for the bush/plants tips)

And now for the new enclosure, the Congo. Home to Ollie and Olivia the okapis and a group of bongos:
download (4).jpeg
download (5).jpeg
download (6).jpeg

This is their shelter (I'm loving the new 1-way glass construction pieces, allowing the animals to "hide" when they're stressed)

And because I'm in such a great mood, here's a sneak peek habitat that will feature a big star species that YOU guys will get to vote on. But not yet:
download (7).jpeg

Thank you for visiting the Boogaloo Zoo. Your visit and donations will help save many of nature's most endangered species.

Ok, since I finished the enclosure early, y'all will be getting a view of the updated zoo.

View attachment 244288
Many improvements, specifically in the gardens.
View attachment 244289View attachment 244292
Our first restaurant, Cafe Animalia. Be sure to get chef Arnold's exquisite tacos

View attachment 244293
Improved pygmy hippo haven, with more plants. (Thanks @NZFanatic for the bush/plants tips)

And now for the new enclosure, the Congo. Home to Ollie and Olivia the okapis and a group of bongos:
View attachment 244294View attachment 244295View attachment 244290
This is their shelter (I'm loving the new 1-way glass construction pieces, allowing the animals to "hide" when they're stressed)

And because I'm in such a great mood, here's a sneak peek habitat that will feature a big star species that YOU guys will get to vote on. But not yet:
View attachment 244291

Thank you for visiting the Boogaloo Zoo. Your visit and donations will help save many of nature's most endangered species.
Nice builds man!

Then its my time for a foliage related tip! And its about trees. For more realistic and less cramped tree placement look from above and put the trees where their leafs would be in the open from the start, especally when switching though diffrent trees that gives nice patterns.

Then its my time for a foliage related tip! And its about trees. For more realistic and less cramped tree placement look from above and put the trees where their leafs would be in the open from the start, especally when switching though diffrent trees that gives nice patterns.
Additionally mix lots of different trees together. I tend to use temperate and taiga foliage in my zoos (I like to build low-to-medium budget, so exotic foliage is kept to a minimum), but I find it's easy to create beautiful forested areas by mixing pines in with broadleaf trees. Also, ferns like shade, so a lot of the shrubs and ferns look really good when placed in clumps around the bases of trees.

Additionally mix lots of different trees together. I tend to use temperate and taiga foliage in my zoos (I like to build low-to-medium budget, so exotic foliage is kept to a minimum), but I find it's easy to create beautiful forested areas by mixing pines in with broadleaf trees. Also, ferns like shade, so a lot of the shrubs and ferns look really good when placed in clumps around the bases of trees.

Also Elm, Oak and Beech trees go really well with each other, creating beautifull, lush temperate forests
Ok, cool. Thanks. Yeah, I never realized how important plants were in the game. Now I want more foliage and I don't even now about plants that much.

Comparing my builds that I did when I first started back in November to now, my skill has improved, but I have a lot to learn from the community

Im sure you will, my first stuff also looked like crap, but after i got the hang of it i started to make stuff that im actually quite proud of ^^
It feels like its just a matter of idears and experience and after a while you will find out yourself some cool tips and tricks that you can chare

Ok, cool. Thanks. Yeah, I never realized how important plants were in the game. Now I want more foliage and I don't even now about plants that much.

Comparing my builds that I did when I first started back in November to now, my skill has improved, but I have a lot to learn from the community
There’s a series on YouTube called how to build realistic____ habitats in Planet Zoo and it really helps teach you how to use the plants in a way that they would be naturally in the wild

Start of the week, start of another poll. I already suspect who'll win, but i may be surprised.

Let's give a nice round of applause for our 3 contestants:

1. Aldraba giant tortoise - a giant tortoise from Aldraba (who knew?!)
2. Nile monitor - you know like a hall monitor? Except they monitor the Nile
3. Greater flamingo - they're greater than other flamingos and like to do a flamenco

Poll lasts until blah blah blah, y'all know by now it ends Thursday night.

Next week, Monday, we'll get the final poll for Tropical Africa, and then I'll move onto another section for the zoo

Start of the week, start of another poll. I already suspect who'll win, but i may be surprised.

Let's give a nice round of applause for our 3 contestants:

1. Aldraba giant tortoise - a giant tortoise from Aldraba (who knew?!)
2. Nile monitor - you know like a hall monitor? Except they monitor the Nile
3. Greater flamingo - they're greater than other flamingos and like to do a flamenco

Poll lasts until blah blah blah, y'all know by now it ends Thursday night.

Next week, Monday, we'll get the final poll for Tropical Africa, and then I'll move onto another section for the zoo
I go for tortoise!

Top Bottom