The Build-It Zoo

Alrighty then, it's Friday. And we have a dinner, winner, chicken dinner:

Our journey through Africa is complete. Now that we're returning to the HQ, we're bringing along a majestic creature, the king of the African jungle: the western lowland gorilla.

Sorry bonobos, but at least y'all have the time now to visit the gym. And y'all chimps, go start some TV show about being curious, Ok George?

Next week will be the start of a very beautiful, very cold place of the world (but not the Arctic or Antarctic)

Alrighty then, it's Friday. And we have a dinner, winner, chicken dinner:

Our journey through Africa is complete. Now that we're returning to the HQ, we're bringing along a majestic creature, the king of the African jungle: the western lowland gorilla.

Sorry bonobos, but at least y'all have the time now to visit the gym. And y'all chimps, go start some TV show about being curious, Ok George?

Next week will be the start of a very beautiful, very cold place of the world (but not the Arctic or Antarctic)
Himalayas?

Everybody, our adventure through Africa's jungles has ended. We've enjoyed seeing all of the wonders of this mysterious world and bringing them to the zoo for all to enjoy. Gorillas, lemurs, okapis. We hope that you can enjoy Tropical Africa:
download (7).jpeg

download (6).jpeg
The lake has received a path for guests to enjoy the beautiful plants and mini ecosystem we've designed

And now, our latest habitat: the western lowland gorillas:
download (1).jpeg

download (4).jpeg

download (3).jpeg

The 1st jungle gym, donated by a company known as Frontier. Thank you so much. The apes go bananas when they see it.
download.jpeg

A realistic looking structure to stimulate climbing trees, given to us by a very generous FoxyDee Inc. We appreciate this wonderful donation to help replicate a natural environment for the gorillas.
download (2).jpeg

The gorilla shelter, enough to hold a group of 10 (but wr have only 4)
download (5).jpeg

Our gorillas: 3 females and the dominant silverback, Popeye

We thank each and every one of you for the donations and gifts to care for these majestic, and rare, animals.

Soon, we will be venturing into another part of the world that'll feature gorgeous, elusive species. We can't wait for that adventure

Hayo, fellow zoo tycoons. Today will be the start of the mext section in Boogaloo Zoo: welcome to Gems of the East. We will be exploring east Asia and bringing beautiful animals to the zoo. Who knows, we may get a Siberian tiger or even a rare giant panda.

But for now, we will begin the 1st poll. Please welcome:

1. Chinese pangolin - imagine a cross between an anteater and an armadillo. These shy animals are so cool to look at
  2. Red panda - a cute little face, a redhead
  3. Japanese macaque - a monkey that enjoys the snow? Snowball fights

It will be a challenge to care for these animals due to their needs for a cold climate and the fact that the zoo is in a tropical environment. But we're sure that all the donations we've received will really pay off. Until then, thank you for your visit to Boogaloo Zoo

One house with all 3 of them would be nice.
Or maybe the indoor areas of siberian tigers in the middle with 2 pavillion to the side for the red panda and macaces.
Maybe i should start a new Zoo lol.
But If i had to choose just 1 i take the hygenic monke

Just a quick reminder for those watching this thread but haven't voted yet: the poll ends tonight; if y'all want me to do all 3 species, then vote soon.

If not, well, red pandas are taking the lead, with 1 Japanese macaque following

(I'm hoping we get 1 more vote to do all 3, but my vote doesn't count)

Last edited:
Quick little update on the Gems of East Asia:

The pavilion is more or less done:
download.jpeg
download (1).jpeg

So, as y'all can see, it needs a little more detail on the outside, but the fact that I didn't make it a basic box, I'm actually satisfied with how it's note a cube. The little part in the front is the Gems of East Asia worker center, and right in front is a little vendor stand.
download (2).jpeg

Entering the pavilion, to the left we have red pandas and Chinese pangolins. To the right, Japanese macaques.
download (3).jpeg

There's Honey, peering out the mesh.
download (5).jpeg

And there's Mung Daal, the pangolin (named after my favorite character from the cartoon Chowder).
download (4).jpeg

This is in-between the red pandas and the pangolins. Since mesh is currently "solid", I put glass deeper inside; that way guests can go past the mesh and go to the glass sections (making it appear that they really are looking through the mesh)
download (6).jpeg
download (7).jpeg

The macaque exhibit is about twice the size of the other 2, since they have a larger group. No mesh, just glass (I felt that it's more realistic that they have glass that can better control the cold temperature than mesh)

So, that's the update so far for Boogaloo Zoo. Tomorrow, imma gonna add some decor here and there, make the place look nicer and not so dull. Hope y'all enjoyed this little update

Well, it's Monday again.

Before we begin the poll, I just wanna say thanks for the kind words and all the helpful tips and the "likes" y'all have given this project. This is perhaps my largest and most ambitious project.

And now, to the poll:

We've seen and have fallen for the mysterious Chinese pangolin, the cute red panda, and the cold-loving Japanese macaque. They have new homes in the pavilion.

But now it's time for a much larger animal. So, let's put our hands together for our next contestants:

1. Formosan black bear - also know as the moonbear, these adorable animals will steal the hearts of our zoo guests
  2. Himalayan brown bear - a species rarely kept in captivity, we've received the opportunity to hopefully acquire these animals
  3. Siberian tiger - a powerful race of tiger, and the largest cat in the world. They are apex, solitary predators wherever they're located, and the zoo has gotten an opportunity to house them

As usual, the polls end Thursday night.

Let's see who will win this week's poll! And by the way, next week will be the final poll for Gems of the East, before we move onto our third section (I plan to have 4 sections, then I will likely make another zoo with the rest of the planned sections, maybe a 2nd "Build-It Zoo" thread? Not sure. We'll see how this turns out)

Top Bottom