The "Can I Run Planet Coaster" thread

Hi guys, I'm looking for a maximum bang-for-buck-build (I have a limited budget, a big 1080p screen and tend to buy midrange GPU's and stuff anyway).

Am considering a Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 6GB setup. But I'm having some doubts because Planet Coaster seems so CPU heavy. Would you guys recommend a ryzen 5 1600? Or to spend some extra cash for a ryzen 7 or i7? It seems unnecessary to me for 1080p gaming, but I don't want to get a new rig for Planet Coaster and get stuck with medium settings :(

I am wondering if this Laptop will be able to run planet coaster on low to medium settings. Will it be able to have 1000+ guests and run at 30 FPS?

CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ
GPU: GTX 960M
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Ram 1600 MHz

Yes, I know that this laptop isnt ideal for games like this but I am just wondering.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I also have a desktop that I may get and I am wondering if this can run planet coaster on medium - high specs with 1000+ guests running at around 30-60 FPS

CPU: Intel i5-6600K
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400

Thanks! [up]

Has Denuvo been removed from it yet? I bet that if they remove the Denuvo the game will be much much easier to run!

Hi all again! I´ve seen this https://www.pccomponentes.com/msi-ge62vr-7rf-417es-intel-core-i7-7700hq-16gb-1tb-256-ssd-gtx1060-156

This laptop is cheaper than the one I wrote a few days ago.

Finally I decided to buy this HP OMEN:

Intel Core i7 7ª Gen 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz (3.8 GHz) / 6 MB Caché

16 GB DDR4

128 GB - M.2 SSD + 1 TB HDD / 7200 rpm

17.3" WLED 1920 x 1080 / Full HD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 4 GB GDDR5

I hope it is enough to launch the game effectively

How much does that laptop cost?

Has Denuvo been removed from it yet? I bet that if they remove the Denuvo the game will be much much easier to run!

No it won't, but it doesn't matter because Denuvo doesn't have an impact on performance........................................

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

No it won't, but it doesn't matter because Denuvo doesn't have an impact on performance........................................

But it does!

The impact of Denuvo on performance of Planet Coaster is almost nil. The developers of Planet Coaster have already discussed that in detail (thanks for that!) in other threads in the past. Please read this post for a statement from Frontier regarding Denuvo.

Please keep this thread on topic: "Can I run Planet Coaster". Refrain from continuing to discuss Denuvo, as that tends to devolve into discussing piracy.

Thanks!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hi guys, I'm looking for a maximum bang-for-buck-build (I have a limited budget, a big 1080p screen and tend to buy midrange GPU's and stuff anyway).

Am considering a Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 6GB setup. But I'm having some doubts because Planet Coaster seems so CPU heavy. Would you guys recommend a ryzen 5 1600? Or to spend some extra cash for a ryzen 7 or i7? It seems unnecessary to me for 1080p gaming, but I don't want to get a new rig for Planet Coaster and get stuck with medium settings :(

Hi Murfie,

With Planet Coaster it is important to have a CPU with a single core clock speed that is as high as possible. Planet Coaster depends on DirectX 11, which uses a single core for draw calls. This process is not multithreaded, so the higher the single core clock speed of the CPU, the better Planet Coaster will run.

Maybe this info can be of help in deciding which CPU to buy. Good luck!

I am wondering if this Laptop will be able to run planet coaster on low to medium settings. Will it be able to have 1000+ guests and run at 30 FPS?

CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ
GPU: GTX 960M
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Ram 1600 MHz

Yes, I know that this laptop isnt ideal for games like this but I am just wondering.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I also have a desktop that I may get and I am wondering if this can run planet coaster on medium - high specs with 1000+ guests running at around 30-60 FPS

CPU: Intel i5-6600K
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400

Thanks! [up]

Hi ImpiWarrior,

Both computers seem to be capable to run Planet Coaster fine on medium - high settings with 1000+ guests. However, the FPS will probably not get as high as 60. The FPS depends on the content of the park that you are playing with. The more content (scenery, guests, rides), the lower the FPS will get. That is the nature of this game.

Have fun should you choose to buy a new computer and Planet Coaster.

Hi all,

I have a slightly oldish MacBook Pro and I was wondering if it could run the game on low settings (using Windows obviously), here are the specs:

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a slightly oldish MacBook Pro and I was wondering if it could run the game on low settings (using Windows obviously), here are the specs:

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Thanks

Probably on 720p or 1080p Low settings or medium settings for smaller less detailed parks. If you want to play it on the higher settings, you need a quad core i7 processor and a GTX 1070 or GTX 980 or AMD R9 380. 8GB system RAM is the bare minimum for playing modern video games. Windows OS uses 2GB RAM on average so that's like 6GB left free which isn't much. Best to get custom desktop. Apple rips off their customers, but their customers will play the money, only cause Apple makes products which look cute.

Thoughts on this build:

Alienware Aurora R6
Alienware Aurora R6
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (4-Cores, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
Cable
US Power Cord
Chassis Options
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply with High Performance Liquid Cooling
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X
Memory
16GB HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2667MHz; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
Hard Drive
256GB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
CD ROM/DVD ROM
No Optical Drive
Wireless
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1

Thoughts on this build:

Alienware Aurora R6
Alienware Aurora R6
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (4-Cores, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
Cable
US Power Cord
Chassis Options
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply with High Performance Liquid Cooling
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X
Memory
16GB HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2667MHz; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
Hard Drive
256GB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
CD ROM/DVD ROM
No Optical Drive
Wireless
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1

Okay first of all, don't get Alienware, they are very overpriced!

Secondly, apart from the motherboard and powersupply, that is top end hardware. Although it comes with a 'founders edition' for the graphics card, which are again more expansive than regular video cards and also perform worse due to sub-par cooling. I bet buying the individual hardware + OS (You can still get free win 10 upgrade if you want, LEGAL from Microsoft) , is way cheaper and you get better quality hardware especially since it's Alienware.

The only reason why I am going with Alienware is I get a discount through my work so it won't be as expensive as list price. Should I downgrade the video card then?

I don't really have the time to home build, so if I don't go with alienware, any place else I should look? I also do video editing, some photoshop on the side.

The only reason why I am going with Alienware is I get a discount through my work so it won't be as expensive as list price. Should I downgrade the video card then?

I don't really have the time to home build, so if I don't go with alienware, any place else I should look? I also do video editing, some photoshop on the side.

You don't have to downgrade, but off-brand videocards perform often better than the 'founders edition' and are cheaper as well. The GPU itself is the best you can get. With a discount that Alienware PC might be a good deal, but I don't know for how much you can get it. Building a PC will take you a day at most, maybe two if you have zero experience with building a PC or Lego (seriously, building a PC is like building with Lego) and want to do all kinds of quality controls or whatever.

Okay first of all, don't get Alienware, they are very overpriced!

Secondly, apart from the motherboard and powersupply, that is top end hardware. Although it comes with a 'founders edition' for the graphics card, which are again more expansive than regular video cards and also perform worse due to sub-par cooling. I bet buying the individual hardware + OS (You can still get free win 10 upgrade if you want, LEGAL from Microsoft) , is way cheaper and you get better quality hardware especially since it's Alienware.

You don't have to downgrade, but off-brand videocards perform often better than the 'founders edition' and are cheaper as well. The GPU itself is the best you can get. With a discount that Alienware PC might be a good deal, but I don't know for how much you can get it. Building a PC will take you a day at most, maybe two if you have zero experience with building a PC or Lego (seriously, building a PC is like building with Lego) and want to do all kinds of quality controls or whatever.

Do you have any manufacturers that you recommend?

Do you have any manufacturers that you recommend?

You mean for the video cards? Personally I have very good experiences with MSI. EVGA is great as well and last time I heard it has the absolute best customer support. But you can't really go wrong with any of the main brands so Asus or Gigabyte are good too.

For Desktops I have no idea, I never buy pre-builts.

Im wanting to play planet coaster and I would rather have an imac than gaming pc as there is not many games I wish to play on PC. Im looking at the New 2017 iMac 27 inch model, and just wondering how well it will run via bootcamp. Any help would be appreciated, here are the specs below.

7th Gen i7 CPU 4.2Ghz
16gb Ram
Radeo Pro 580 8GB
2TB Fusion drive.

Top Bottom