The "Can I Run Planet Coaster" thread

Can some kind person tell me if this computer from Amazon, will be capable of running Planet Coaster.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Y69CL2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

it CAN play it but i would not recommend it. (i looked at the more powerful option on the amazon.uk page) - your Ghz was too low, you need --NO LESS-- than an intel i7 7700k and your Ghz should be over 4Ghz. this game is primarily CPU driven. you should have a video card that has 6+ GB of video ram as well, with no less than 8, preferably 16 GB of ddr4 main RAM and an SSD hard drive. this should let you build big and or detailed parks on ultra settings instead of lowest and be able to check out big parks from the masters with more than 3 FPS. my computer is more powerful than the above specs i just gave you and even my computer struggles so the above specs are NOT overkill by any means. i would not go less than what i gave you in any component or you may be paying close to two thousand pounds for a computer that will only play a little better.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
it CAN play it but i would not recommend it. (i looked at the more powerful option on the amazon.uk page) - your Ghz was too low, you need --NO LESS-- than an intel i7 7700k and your Ghz should be over 4Ghz. this game is primarily CPU driven. you should have a video card that has 6+ GB of video ram as well, with no less than 8, preferably 16 GB of ddr4 main RAM and an SSD hard drive. this should let you build big and or detailed parks on ultra settings instead of lowest and be able to check out big parks from the masters with more than 3 FPS. my computer is more powerful than the above specs i just gave you and even my computer struggles so the above specs are NOT overkill by any means. i would not go less than what i gave you in any component or you may be paying close to two thousand pounds for a computer that will only play a little better.

For your information: you have quoted a post from March 2016.

You can perfectly play this game with CPUs that are less than an intel i7 7700k..You also can play it perfectly fine with 4GB of VRAM, and even 2 on lower settings.

Last edited:
My current computer is running the game OK but slows down considerable after the park is getting bigger. My current specs are:

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
16 GB ram
etc.

I am mainly playing Planet Coaster, Cities: Skylines and Civilization, all fairly demanding games. I think it is time to upgrade the CPU, motherboard (by default due to new CPU) and the video card. Any recommendations? Budget is around $1,000.

Thanks!

Last edited:
My current system runs the game also OK but by larger parks I have some framedrop.

Intel i5-4670 3.4Ghz
16gb Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX760

Do someone have ideas for an upgrade?

You can perfectly play this game with CPUs that are less than an intel i7 7700k..You also can play it perfectly fine with 4GB of VRAM, and even 2 on lower settings.

i agree, it ran great on my laptop with only an i5! but the question is, how long and how far you can one go with their old hardware? everyone wants big parks and high FPS. the only way to get that is better hardware. the better the hardware the more you can do. no getting around that. this game is cpu based, so why upgrade to anything else? i would never say dont buy this unless you got a stellar rig, but dipping below 10 FPS with half a park isnt the experience people are going for. i dont blame the game. that is just the nature and burden of computer gaming.

Hi all,

My wish is to be able to play PC without any loss of frame rate, with a park full of visitors, full of details and with its open attractions. In short, to exploit it thoroughly, and in ultra.

Is this fully possible with this config? :

Processor i7 (4,2 GHz) + SSD
32 Go RAM
GTX1080 8 Go

Hi all,

My wish is to be able to play PC without any loss of frame rate, with a park full of visitors, full of details and with its open attractions. In short, to exploit it thoroughly, and in ultra.

32 Go RAM
GTX1080 8 Go

No.

Hi,
Playing 80 hour of PC on my Surface Pro (1st gen) has taken too much toll on the little guy and now it’s out of commission. I am searching for a PC to run PC (that’s confusing) at 1080p / Medium settings and will be able to scale nicely to big parks. Since it’s pretty much only for this game I am having troubles spending too much on it and trying to find the sweet spot.

• I7-7700 / Ryzen 7 1700
(Is there really noticeable improvements from something like I5-7500 / Ryzen 5 1500x? budget is a little tight)
• 8GB DDR4 2400 (to be doubled in the near future)
• 1050 ti 4GB

What do you think?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,
Playing 80 hour of PC on my Surface Pro (1st gen) has taken too much toll on the little guy and now it’s out of commission. I am searching for a PC to run PC (that’s confusing) at 1080p / Medium settings and will be able to scale nicely to big parks. Since it’s pretty much only for this game I am having troubles spending too much on it and trying to find the sweet spot.

• I7-7700 / Ryzen 7 1700
(Is there really noticeable improvements from something like I5-7500 / Ryzen 5 1500x? budget is a little tight)
• 8GB DDR4 2400 (to be doubled in the near future)
• 1050 ti 4GB

What do you think?
Thanks in advance.

If the PC is only for gaming (and only for PC) then don't get an i7., get the i5 instead. You won't really notice any difference between them in games. The Ryzen CPU's are great as well, but I do believe PC favors single core speed over multiple cores, so in this case the Intel CPU would be better.

8GB of ram is more than enough to play the game without problems. Only in very big parks this will affect performance, but performance is always low in big parks regardless of how much RAM you have.

The 1050TI 4GB is a very powerful card, especially for its price. It will run the game on high settings without any problems.

Hi all,

32 Go RAM
GTX1080 8 Go

sorry......basically what you want is impossible with any computer, period. it is just the nature of this type of game. i have the same specs you mentioned (w/ a 1080ti ) and i am brought to my knees. i have downloaded other people's parks (master builders, mega parks) and still had FPS in the teens. and my computer is stronger than the ones they were made on. -- with more powerful hardware you will go farther, so go as big as possible, within reason. PC uses directX11 not 12 so it is heavily CPU based and can NOT utilize multiple processors like AMD. so for PC you need the highest tier intel i7 reasonably possible. i would not go any less than 4.2GHz. what you want CAN BE achieved.... you will just have to experiment with the size of your park. zoom out see how big your map is and build on only half of it, if you feel complete and your FPS is still strong, expand a little more at a time.

i came from an i5, ssd, 16GB, 2GB of Vram, a park i was making had become pretty much unplayable, uploaded it to steam, downloaded it on my new rig (with the specs mentioned above) and it was smooth and playable again. i say RAM can not be under estimated. this game is huge and taxing.... i would not go less than 16DDR4, the bigger the video card, the more VRAM it comes with. so if you go 1080ti with 11GB of ddr5 ram..... you might get away with 16GB of regular RAM. basically dont go less than what you mentioned, because they are still not enough to do what you want, with the full park with lots of visitors etc.. ((by the way, stepping down from ultra to medium settings makes little difference in FPS so you will be able to play it on ultra almost all the time, LOOKS SO GOOD!! zoom in real tight and be amazed at all the detail they put into things. just amazing! )) an i5 and 8GB of RAM will not get you ANYWHERE NEAR a full-detailed park with lots of visitors. been there, done that. dont say i didnt warn you.

8GB isnt enough. Remember Windows 7/8/10 uses 2GB of RAM even when your computer is idle with no open programs. MSI Afterburner has reported using 5-7GB of RAM on ultra 1080p settings with 5k people and 20 rides with less detailed scenery.

I have an i7 6700k which is the fastest 6th gen processor from intel with a stock speed of up to 4.2Ghz. An i7 also tends to have more cache and faster speeds than an i5. With my specs mentioned in my profile sig, I can achieve 24-40fps on 1080p ultra in my park which has 22 rides and 6k guests.

Hello, im new to the forum and i want to know if my laptop can run Planet coaster before buying it

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHz 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 5500

Dell Inspiron 13

i will appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

Hello, im new to the forum and i want to know if my laptop can run Planet coaster before buying it

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHz 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 5500

Dell Inspiron 13

i will appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

With integrated graphics are not meant for gaming so while you can run the game with those specs, the performance will be far from ideal.

I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the 1060 or 1070 gtx. I currently have the 760. I'm not looking for extreme power, but semi future proofing would be nice.

I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the 1060 or 1070 gtx. I currently have the 760. I'm not looking for extreme power, but semi future proofing would be nice.

The 1060 is a great card, especially if you plan to stay with 1080p for a while. If you do get a 1060 make sure to get the 6gb version (or whatever one has the highest memory). If you plan on upgrading your resolution and want to futureproof even more definitely get the 1070 instead.

Hi everyone!

What do you think, if I were to buy them (money-friendly)?

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5 7500

8GB DDR4 RAM memory or should I have a little more GB?

I have now:

AMD FX 6300

8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB dual channel)

NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti (I do not plan to replace)

Windows 10 64bit

I just do not understand: 2x4GB 8GB dual channel is the same as separately 1-1 (4GB-4GB=8GB) (2x single channel)? Or not?

Thanks in advence! Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Top Bottom