The Colonia Connection Route Map

Unless we're overrun by Thargoids, I'm guessing Jaques Station's next misjump will be somewhere in the Boreas Region looking at the map. Update 4.1'ish.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So are we saying that most of these new outposts are an interdiction risk?

Interesting, the fact that Jaques occasionally has some NPC traffic but they don't bother anyone, unless you drop into the REZ zones.....I wonder how long that will last.

Looks like a blessing and a curse to me, explorers having easier access to sell, but at a greater risk. Speed and maybe shield will keep you safe.

Unless we're overrun by Thargoids, I'm guessing Jaques Station's next misjump will be somewhere in the Boreas Region looking at the map. Update 4.1'ish.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Looks like a blessing and a curse to me, explorers having easier access to sell, but at a greater risk. Speed and maybe shield will keep you safe.

Was planning on heading out there with my Cutter. Wasn't planning on bringing weapons but this changes things. I'll be bringing cargo which means interdictions from NPCs.

Do all of the outposts along the route have large landing pads? Also, are any of the outposts on high G worlds?

The Colonia Connection Route Map :
<snip>
Each outpost has repair facilities as well as a Universal Cartographics, so those returning from the core regions needn't travel all the way to the bubble to cash in their exploration data from now on.

Map Link.

Looks great, I have no excuse to make my way out there now [up]

Funny that they're all on planets, too bad if you haven't bought Horizons.. Mind you, I can't imagine exploring properly without being able to land on planets and finding materials for some jump juice.. or not having an engineered FSD

Last edited:
The Colonia Citizen Network also created a community badge for visiting all of the Outposts:

fd9527dde5b30ce5b0735a280b8fba55_13.png

Woot, that's amazing!!!!
First, hearing about outposts, I tought i would have needed to go back to the ASP, but seeing they are all planet side, they are going to have large landing pads anyway.
Second, this will encourage many non explorers to actually explore. If the turisting missions will have high payouts, and each of them will point you to the next outpost up to jaques, many players will be encouraged to try explorations, and finally we are going to see content added to it.

Everywhere there's a station, expect pirates to come eventually. I was not asking a completly riskless data selling place, and the tradeoff of going stripped and try your luck vs. equip defences and be safer with less jumprange will still be in place wich in my opinion is a good game mechanic. BTW you can be interdicted everywhere, but now you have data selling points scattered through half the galaxy, so you can sell data in the middle of your expedition, and the probability to not loose it all are better.

So what i see here are only good news, and a great incentive for exploration. Unfortunately I couldn't take part in Community Goals, but I'm going to abuse and consume that route for sure.

This should be stickied. Why would pirates be at this station? I'm guessing these will mainly be used by explorers with probably no cargo or weapons.

This should be stickied. Why would pirates be at this station? I'm guessing these will mainly be used by explorers with probably no cargo or weapons.

You must've missed all the long haul community goals ...?

There might still be lots of commodities Colonia doesn't produce on its own in 2.2
(and these outposts need supplies as well).

We have light mount modifications to get weapons exploration ready.

You must've missed all the long haul community goals ...?

There might still be lots of commodities Colonia doesn't produce on its own in 2.2
(and these outposts need supplies as well).

Yeah I've missed a lot. I'm new. Really haven't done any community goals yet. Just on my way to Jaques now. I only have exploration data and 3 small caches of data from uss's. You have me a little worried now going in open wouldn't want to get shot down.

Last edited:
Colonia itself still didn't have hostiles in super cruise at least last time I checked.

If you aren't prepared, don't dock in open I guess ;D

For those outpost systems I'm sure being alert in super cruise should do.

Are those really worth bothering with? Considering that a viable trader will run at 1000+ tons loaded, what good does it do to save 50 tons on the weapons when that means that you also lose quite a large chunk of that weapon's integrity?

Yes, I am currently running with light mount weapons on my FAS, but will probably switch to other weapon mods (and a different ship for the next trip) once I'm back in the bubble. I would, if I cared that much about the second decimal of my jump range, also consider running unarmed (i.e. Brave Sir Robin) or using the smaller overcharged weapons variant (instead of the larger lightweight mod).

Are those really worth bothering with? Considering that a viable trader will run at 1000+ tons loaded, what good does it do to save 50 tons on the weapons when that means that you also lose quite a large chunk of that weapon's integrity?

Yes, I am currently running with light mount weapons on my FAS, but will probably switch to other weapon mods (and a different ship for the next trip) once I'm back in the bubble. I would, if I cared that much about the second decimal of my jump range, also consider running unarmed (i.e. Brave Sir Robin) or using the smaller overcharged weapons variant (instead of the larger lightweight mod).

On the highest grade you save up to 90% weapon mass.

That's 5.2 versus 52 tons on a fully armed Anaconda. Which isn't the second decimal of your jump range, but about 1~3 ly.

Hmmm... ok, I set up a tradeaconda, no mods: https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda...30303063cB10504040403032i2f.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=

Fully laden, I get
22.88 ly without guns and a 5A PP
21.49 ly with all gimballed MCs and a 6A PP
22.46 ly with only 8 tons of guns

So yes, ~1 ly difference. Or 45 instead of 47 jumps per 1000 ly.

But: not everyone will be using a tradeaconda. Look at a Type-9, worst case in the other direction: https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_9_h...-0707030307063c4d0303022i2f.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==

Again, fully laden
13.27 ly without guns and a 5A PP
13.14 ly with all gimballed MCs and a 5A PP
13.24 ly with only 8 tons of guns

or 77 jumps for 1000 ly with a full load of guns, 76 jumps with level 5 lightweight or no guns.

So I'd concede you are right for some cases (like a minimized exploration ship) but I'll stick to it not making a noticeable difference for a trading/cargo (or otherwise fully loaded) vessel.

Note that in practice, when you're outside of the core you aren't going to be able to fly in a straight plotted line. The star density is usually not high enough for that. How many more jumps it'll take depends on the sector(s) you'll be traversing, but generally, I'd say that getting a +1-2 ly range between, say, 20-25 ly will allow you to "shave off" more jumps than if it were in the 40-45 ly range.
Once the star density is high enough that the route plotter can do a pretty much straight line, this advantage vanishes of course. However, it's not like there's any profitable reason to take a fully laden trading ship to the core. (Jaques Station is pretty much at the edge of it.)

Still, running all lightweight weapons will give you a bonus all the time (even if it's not very significant), but their integrity only comes into play if they are taking module damage. Which means your shields are down, and in that case you should be running away instead.

Don't forget about heat.

My light weight rails can melt themselves through usage alone.
Yeah, that's a good point. I forgot about it since (combat-)explorer or trader builds probably aren't going to run the most heat-intensive weapons, such as railguns.

Couple of questions (While parked at Jaques in the live game, I've been Beta testing, but will come home eventually:) )

6 outposts so far... will there be any more?
Are they built yet?

6 outposts so far... will there be any more?
Are they built yet?
They are already built. There also will be more outposts in systems around Jaques once 2.2 goes live, but that's due to the new bubble growing, and not the CG's result.

Hillary Depot, really ? :x
Btw: How did FD choose that systems? Would you say they are nice places or in any other way special?

Top Bottom