The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

AFAIK, the 12.5% cut is when the owner of a fleet carrier sells data to his own FC.
25% cut is for when you sell to someone else's FC.

A 25% cut is always taken from the UC sale. That 25% is split in half between the FC and the UC service itself. So in other words, 75% goes to the seller, 12.5% goes to the FC, and 12.5% "disappears" as it goes to Universal Cartographics.

If you're selling data to the carrier and you're the carrier's owner, obviously that 12.5% going to the carrier is still "yours", and so it feels like you only lose 12.5% instead of 25%.

24th of february 3307, DSSA The Helix, Dryman's Point

It's under 30 jumps from DSSA Nostromo to DSSA The Helix. Visited a colony of eight-legged peduncle trees on the way, wondering what researchers might draw from my data. The Helix itself is in a system, where along with peduncle trees metallic crystals can be found, a first one for me in this region. A short visit turned a two weeks break, enjoying the A class through the decks windows - tanking light far from the core!

Just writing to express my appreciation for the DSSA.

I'm on a long journey out to see Stolon trees and I just landed at my third DSSA carrier for some much needed triple R. It's nice to be able to cash in the carto as well.

Unicorn's Rest in the Conduit has that awesome view too :D

15th of March 3307. Sagittarius-Carina Arm, Ultima Centauri, DSSA Black Adder Port

Quickly after jumping into the sector, i found two extraordinary systems to study the peduncle tree and pods variant. One of them bribing with life, one of them in a neutron-star-system - i had been wondering about edgecase-conditions for them to grow...

The DSSA Black Adder Port is said to be named after a historic sim of the late second millenia - i'm not even sure, whether Mars was already settled back then! The carrier is placed at a more contemporary "historic" location, Ultima Centauri, a point a lot of larger expeditions have visited. A neutron-star system as well, the Fcs harsh silhouette makes a peculiar contrast to its welcoming crew.

Made a stop at the DSSA Blackwater for some minor repairs and sold over 3 months worth of exploration data while docked which should cover the owner's upkeep for a few months.
bfmSSNjh.png

Just a bit further to go until I hit my first million light years travelled.

0fYNwaIh.png

Last edited:
I found [EDS] DSSA Enigma in a beautiful planetary nebula on a scouting trip for Octans. I saw there was a purchase order set up for Tritium & we are fully fuelled from mining as we travel so we brought our carrier over, using it as an opportunity for me to pay the owner of our carrier (Dawn Will Come) some credits and make room in our hold.

2x576t sold to Enigma, thank you for your service ;)

yAA0vPB.png

That's why I dislike the EDSM map, everything has to be manually done by the GMP (beside the fact that not all DSSA carriers are listed there).
This carrier is already gone in the DSSA tracker (actually it just repositioned and is still on the top of the tracker).
You can either use the tracker or the map on EDAstro that gets automatically updated.

The closest active carrier to your position should be here.

Last edited:
That's why I dislike the EDSM map, everything has to be manually done by the GMP (beside the fact that not all DSSA carriers are listed there).
This carrier is already gone in the DSSA tracker.
You can either use the tracker or the map on EDAstro that gets automatically updated.

The closest active carrier to your position should be here.
Thanks, I will do that.

Arrived just now at Ooh Chruia LM-W F1-3 (Sleepers Solace) - the fleet carrier Sleeper Service isn't there to be found in the system anymore, even though it's listed as such on EDSM.

Can this be updated please?

This has now been updated. Qohen's carrier is actually in Oorb Broae DF-A e6.

Ooh Chruia LM-W F1-3 was the system he originally gave to the GMP as the location of his Carrier, but he changed it to Oorb Broae DF-A e6 during the Aphelion Expedition - after it'd already been added by the GMP. The updated system location was obviously overlooked and not updated, until now.

Thanks for highlighting it (y)

Update: and it's done. Thanks again!

I'm posting this here because the GMP thread is locked, but it does concern my DSSA carrier, so I think it's all good.

In the EDSM POI text, could you add the standard "Astrophotography by CMDR Durin Plane" next to the screenshot there please? I included him in the credits in my original post, but that part was apparently removed.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom