The Empire has an image problem.

Id forgotten about her, which is either a good or bad quality for a leader depending on your POV and whether theyre scheming or just doing the job quietly....

Depends on how closely she stands with current ideology I think for most players (mix of RP on and RP off). Maybe some charity work to start with, or get into an argument of principle with the current leaders, once where people can take sides and influence it maybe.

But a Marlinist uprising, the original ideals gaining ground and taking over....that could get a lot of people behind you...but it wouldnt be 'The' Empire.

It would but it wouldnt be in character of the Imps, could get rid of slavery but it wouldnt be the same Empire. May be stuck with it. Its what the Empire is and what it stands for. arrogance and superiority, the Marlinists are the better ones to run the Empire if you want more players but are you / the Imps ready for that change if needed? Nobody outside the Empire likes the Duvals or Patreus, Aisling is a focus of ridicule, you cant just pass it on and expect a different result, you need a revolution to change your image.

Edit: Maybe Hadrian, I dont know enough about him.
But you see - that's the problem...

A terrifyingly superior military force (think British Empire in its heyday) could just turn around and say: "Nice plot of land you have here. That's now ours.". What is happening here is like the modern day UK trying to annexe Hawaii.

I don't mind the "arrogance and superiority" but it's clearly (and repeatedly) not worked - so just seems rather stupid and futile to keep doing the exact same thing. While I'm happy to work for an "arrogant and superior" power, I draw the line at one performing in an inexplicably ridiculous (and rather counter intuitive) manner.

I think what I'm trying to say is: I don't mind working for BAD people, but I do mind working for STUPID people.

It would but it wouldnt be in character of the Imps, could get rid of slavery but it wouldnt be the same Empire. May be stuck with it. Its what the Empire is and what it stands for. arrogance and superiority, the Marlinists are the better ones to run the Empire if you want more players but are you / the Imps ready for that change if needed? Nobody outside the Empire likes the Duvals or Patreus, Aisling is a focus of ridicule, you cant just pass it on and expect a different result, you need a revolution to change your image.

Edit: Maybe Hadrian, I dont know enough about him.

Half of the Empire already doesn’t have slavery. It’s completely abolished in every system controlled or exploited by Aisling. Its not all that different except you pay a servant to work now. As a wise drunken dwarf once said “we don’t have slaves, but we still have wealthy people.”

Yes its a loose group of differently minded people who all want a similar thing in at least one regard and all have different ideas about what being in the Alliance means and what it is.....and who dont project their idea onto others....adults realise the central text is just idealistic words.

Do you know what doctrine, dogmatism and fascism are?

Funny, the Alliance does a great deal of “projecting” for a group of people that don’t “project” their ideals on others.

Maybe take a look at the witch head colonies again? Or explain how the Alliance took such a big bite out of the Federation and grew to over 1000 systems? For the record, I applaud and admire all of the Alliance military conquests and wish you all the best. Perhaps we could both be less disingenuous about it? We both know how to define those words just fine.

(think British Empire in its heyday)
tbh I do. The English arrogance is what annoys me.

Im English / Irish / Welsh
I think what I'm trying to say is: I don't mind working for BAD people, but I do mind working for STUPID people.
Lol yeah that sums it up pretty well.

Half of the Empire already doesn’t have slavery. It’s completely abolished in every system controlled or exploited by Aisling. Its not all that different except you pay a servant to work now. As a wise drunken dwarf once said “we don’t have slaves, but we still have wealthy people.”
And where is glorious lovely kind Aislings Palace? What does that system description say....and yet she doesnt move?

Maybe take a look at the witch head colonies again? Or explain how the Alliance took such a big bite out of the Federation and grew to over 1000 systems?

Coz we dont squabble with each other, we just get on with it....I dont know I dont do BGS but its obvious that one group or groups played the BGS for their own reasons....which is allwoed in the Alliance, I dont have to know why or agree, if I disagree I can oppose :)

I feel like they should have had a bit more of a "greater good" vibe to them and yeah they need a diversified ship list.

The I-eagle and I-courier feel like a entirely different line of ships to the I-Clipper and I-Cutter. If they had a FDL competator that was more like the I-courier in style I think they'd be more popular.

I'd like to see a bit more unity between imperial factions as well. Torval should probably be shunted of the power list at this stage, so the empire can move a bit further away from their slavery focus.

Top Bottom