The end of cheap tritium?

Inara has stopped showing cheap tritium (at around 4,000 credits per ton) anywhere now, even in small quantities.

And I've been checking out some Refinery stations in the Drought state, which would previously drop the price of tritium. Plenty of tritium available there... at around 50,000 per ton.

I've been making good money lately, so I should be able to afford full-price tritium. But it might become an issue when the current goldrush ends, and those buying in the Bubble at 4k and selling in Colonia at 80k won't be doing that anymore.

Why should Tritium be cheap?

Its fuel for "End Game" content, so should come at "End Game" prices.

I was told that Carriers are "End Game" in no uncertain terms by many members of the forum, and the frontier representatives spelt this out too. So the fuel for them must also come at a premium, or be mined if they don't want to spend credits. It only makes sense.

Guess we just going to have to get used to big fleet carrier dumping grounds for those pauper Fleet Carrier Park trash who cant afford the tritium fuel for their 5 Billion+ mobile homes.

People are turning off their market connections because it leads to a rush and all their hard-found commodities being stolen.

It's still there, you just have to find it yourself, now.

I don't think it is, anymore. The Drought state no longer drops the price. Not sure about Blight.

I don't think it is, anymore. The Drought state no longer drops the price. Not sure about Blight.
Blight doesn't either. I dumped my food stuffs at a blight/famine system and switched to flipping water purifiers for cheap gold/silver in infrastructure failure extraction or refinery economies. Better margins but similar gameplay to cheap tritium before.

Inara has stopped showing cheap tritium (at around 4,000 credits per ton) anywhere now, even in small quantities.

And I've been checking out some Refinery stations in the Drought state, which would previously drop the price of tritium. Plenty of tritium available there... at around 50,000 per ton.

I've been making good money lately, so I should be able to afford full-price tritium. But it might become an issue when the current goldrush ends, and those buying in the Bubble at 4k and selling in Colonia at 80k won't be doing that anymore.
Mine it. Doesn't cost anything if you mine it. :giggle:

But seriously though, IMO Tritium should be at the lowest price of around 4K - 5k. It would stop the rushes by Carrier owners to buy up the (sometimes) very limited quantities.

Also I doubt Painite coming down any lower in price anytime soon and will always have a high selling price than Tritium.
As I see it, the problem with mining tritium is the quantities you can mine. Why mine Tritium when you can mine Painite at faster rates and sell at higher prices and buy Tritium at 50k.

Price of tritium is a big factor on whether i care about the bubble at all. My only reason to go back to the bubble is to refuel my carrier. Im not spending half a billion to refuel. Ill mine the 10 hours.

Why should Tritium be cheap?
I mean, it is cheap... The price fluctuates. It's sometimes cheap and it's sometimes not... The op isn't asking for it to be cheap, just querying something about how the price fluctuates...

Looks almost like you read the thread title and hit reply.

Op, there's no logical reason for a shortage. It's still just as readily available. I don't think prices were adjusted so it's maybe just a lull on Inara.

Price of tritium is a big factor on whether i care about the bubble at all. My only reason to go back to the bubble is to refuel my carrier. Im not spending half a billion to refuel. Ill mine the 10 hours.
I started thinking that, but actually I believe you're a factor of ten out. While mining in a Tritium hotspot I worked out that I was making Tritium at the rate of 100 tons per hour. At a high price of 50kcr/ton that's 5Mcr/hour. Doing an hour of some kind of missions I can get more than ten times that and then buy the Tritium.

1000 tons of Tritium at 50kcr/ton is 50 million, not half a billion.

Admittedly there's satisfaction in getting it for free if you enjoy mining though.

Last edited:
I started thinking that, but actually I believe you're a factor of ten out. While mining in a Tritium hotspot I worked out that I was making Tritium at the rate of 100 tons per hour. At a high price of 50kcr/ton that's 5Mcr/hour. Doing an hour of some kind of missions I can get more than ten times that and then buy the Tritium.

Admittedly there's satisfaction in getting it for free if you enjoy mining though.
I definitely agree, it's so much cheaper (at a cost of time) to just buy it at average prices.

But I ended up bringing my old alt account out of retirement, fully unlocked engineers, engineered a krait mk2 for combat mining (at least, to kill the initial pirate npcs) and just mine it for myself now. Subsurface combined with laser mining is pretty fun in small doses and will be a lot more fun when the pwa is fixed (something I've not actually experienced yet, it's been broken since before I started mining for tritium). End of the day even buying it demands moving the carrier and shifting the tritium about with a Cutter so if it's just to top up then at least mining for it has a sense of achievement.

I still think avenues/loops for obtaining resources should be widened out a bit though. But I've said that a few times. I also wouldn't mind if they significantly boosted yields for subsurface; it's definitely way faster than laser even now but I'd be happy if they boost it regardless following their "skill reward" pass.

Im talking about 10k tons so it is half a bil. I thought you could mine trit at 1k tons an hour. I have never mined trit, so it looks like thats where im off.
So 100 hous...ya, i gotta figure out how to get that loot.

It feels like the price of Tritium went up after when we could buy ED + Horizons for free in Epic Games, I wonder why 😈
giphy.gif

Top Bottom