The Formidine Rift Expedition 3302

Thanks for the update on the mission status. I am slowly heading out to the Formidine Rift on my first exploration mission more than 800ly from the bubble and I realized without any Mission Boards I won't know if the mission has ended before I can get back with my data. Judging by the pace, it looks like this one may last until the deadline.
-billzor

It has been calculated that for the CG to end beforetime, one side should deliver 3.5 million systems. That's plain impossible, if you think that the trilaterated systems submitted to EDSM in 2 years are 4.3 millions. If you think that this CG is also competitive, and data is delivered to 2 different faction, is quite safe to assume that neither faction will end the CG beforetime, or even reach the last tier.

For this reason you can safely assume that the CG will end the last day 1st december 15.00 GMT.

BTW, on the CG subsession of the forum, there's an almost updated status of both CGs, and almost after a week tier 3 must still be reached.

It has been calculated that for the CG to end beforetime, one side should deliver 3.5 million systems. That's plain impossible, if you think that the trilaterated systems submitted to EDSM in 2 years are 4.3 millions. If you think that this CG is also competitive, and data is delivered to 2 different faction, is quite safe to assume that neither faction will end the CG beforetime, or even reach the last tier.

For this reason you can safely assume that the CG will end the last day 1st december 15.00 GMT.

BTW, on the CG subsession of the forum, there's an almost updated status of both CGs, and almost after a week tier 3 must still be reached.

Good info to have, thanks!

This is my first time going this far out. Any recommendations of must see places to visit while out at the Formidine Rift?

Good info to have, thanks!

This is my first time going this far out. Any recommendations of must see places to visit while out at the Formidine Rift?

Sure thing, going from the bubble to the Formidine Rift is one of those "hand made" part of the galaxy with beautifull details and attention to realism. There are many interesting Nebulae, many Star Clusters that are visible from the skybox.
Also since it has been scanned trought there start to be some historical systems linked to the CoR.

You can discover therse marvel for yourself, or you can use this page of EDSM: Formidine Rift

I would reccomaned the Hearth and Soul Nebulae: they are on the way to EAFOTS beacons, and they are beautifull!!!!

Have fun and fly safe CMDR!

I would reccomaned the Hearth and Soul Nebulae: they are on the way to EAFOTS beacons, and they are beautifull!!!!

NGC 7822 is basically on the way and should be on everybody's must see list. If you head towards EAFOTS you will notice a cluster of bright stars in the sky box and wonder 'what is that?'. NGC 7822 will be the answer.

Reaching you in the Rift, for Salomé freedom!!!!!

AzNzpbKh.jpg

So these beacons...apart from beeping out a message with their details, has anything else been found? Anything on the rally point planets?

I will arrive in the rift tonight. If I don't get waylaid by the freshly downloaded copy of BF1 sitting unplayed on my PC.

Last edited:
So these beacons...apart from beeping out a message with their details, has anything else been found? Anything on the rally point planets?

I will arrive in the rift tonight. If I don't get waylaid by the freshly downloaded copy of BF1 sitting unplayed on my PC.

Nothing has been found atm beside their probes.
Some of the landable planets they indicate have zones that crash you client when approach, meaning there could be something coming from these zones.
On another hand Drew told us time ago that Horizon wasn't needed to solve Formidine Rift Mistery, so atm I think that that community is thinking there's not much left to find and we are pretty much concentrating on the CG. We hope that if CoR wins the Cg more stuff will be coming.

OFC the possibility that all of us are missing something is real. There could be already implemeted things we are not finding, or clues we wrongly interpreted. Drew said that a lone wolf using aonly ingame tools would be able to find the marvels we are after, but most likely it would be a community effort. This means that redundant checkings and second guessing are very important, so good luck CMDR!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom