The Formidine Rift - Part 2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello Commanders!

As you probably (dont't) know I'm exploring the badlands gap towards the rift, trying to find a way through them with a 31lys jump fsd. The idea is that any commander that wishes to join the search can do so without spending 200 million on an exploraconda, and ideally without the need to use FSD injectors (so they don't need the horizons expansion if they don't wish to buy it).

I'm using the EDDSM app (not sure of the name, I'm at work), but it would be a lot easier to do so in group. So, if any explorer is interested, please send me a PM and we can meet in game.

Hi Rifters,

finally I can present the details about the Children of Raxxla's Rift-Border-Patrol missions. We are going to be as open as we can about our patrols because we think that we have the same goals.
Just to remind you: on Thursday May 5th two Wings of four Commanders each left HR6421 after being briefed by CMDR Salomé herself on a mission to the borders of the Formidine Rift. The two wings have reached their listening-posts and already started thorough exploration of the surroundings. The plan is to regularly send patrols there for 2-week-shifts to maintain a permanent presence at the Rift. The next two wings are scheduled to leave HR 6421 on May 23rd, 3302. If anybody is interested to help it would be very appreciated.
How can I help?
pMROir2.jpg

Last edited:
How can I help?

Hi Tony,
there are several ways to help us patrol the rift-borders.
You can easily join us and become part of one of the next wings that set out to the rift. We have recently become a very active group that not only strives to solve the mysteries of the Rift but do several other tasks in the bubble too. This invitation goes out to anybody interested in further information about the patrols. You would also gain access to our CoR-communications-server making it much easier to coordinate with other pilots.
As it seems you are already there you could do a patrol on your own and report any findings here or by pm to me. Another thing is the prospection of the mentioned systems to find green-systems near the Rift... any help is appreciated.

Hi Tony,
there are several ways to help us patrol the rift-borders.
You can easily join us and become part of one of the next wings that set out to the rift. We have recently become a very active group that not only strives to solve the mysteries of the Rift but do several other tasks in the bubble too. This invitation goes out to anybody interested in further information about the patrols. You would also gain access to our CoR-communications-server making it much easier to coordinate with other pilots.
As it seems you are already there you could do a patrol on your own and report any findings here or by pm to me. Another thing is the prospection of the mentioned systems to find green-systems near the Rift... any help is appreciated.
Hi Eisen,
Thanks for the information, will report any findings by pm.

I saw CMDR Salomè in Open a few moments ago. She was in Imperial Space: HIP 10716.

She may have been in Open inadvertently as she immediately exited to Main Menu and entered Private Group.

Very interested in what business she's up to inside the Empire. In terms of distance inside the Bubble HIP 10716 is a pretty good distance from CoR's home system of HR 6421.

I saw CMDR Salomè in Open a few moments ago. She was in Imperial Space: HIP 10716.

She may have been in Open inadvertently as she immediately exited to Main Menu and entered Private Group.

Very interested in what business she's up to inside the Empire. In terms of distance inside the Bubble HIP 10716 is a pretty good distance from CoR's home system of HR 6421.

She was probably just concerned with folks publicly stating her location while she's in open :).

I'm kidding .. but still.

Knowing that it's a player and not only and purely doing 'story' things I think it's best if on the whole we don't keep track of her every move - I'm sure when the time is right she'll speak up, or questions to ask will become apparent.

Either way last thing we want is her being hounded down by the "yeah let's break the story" folk

Knowing that it's a player and not only and purely doing 'story' things I think it's best if on the whole we don't keep track of her every move - I'm sure when the time is right she'll speak up, or questions to ask will become apparent.

Either way last thing we want is her being hounded down by the "yeah let's break the story" folk

I totally disagree. Based on Drew's interview on the Dogg & Toad podcast when Salomè drops into Open it is supposed to be public. This might have been a 'whoops' though. Based on the info from that same podcast I'm about 70% convinced that Salomè isn't a common player. I think she's being roleplayed by someone at Frontier.

Prior to the announcement that Salomè was ordering CoR wings to patrol the border of the Rift it was noticed that she was in Open Play and moving fast back to CoR headquarters. Upon her arrival she immediately made the announcement regarding the wings. It appears that our seeing Salomè in Open Play is supposed to be part of the narrative. So yeah: If I see Salomè in open play I'll be tracking her every move under the belief that I'm SUPPOSED to be paying attention. If I'm wrong then whoever is behind the character is free to drop me from their friends list.

What's the purpose of these listenings posts and patrols?

The purpose is to establish and maintain a permanent presence at the Rift. Thats why the waypoints are called "listening-posts". The Children have been tasked by Salomé to do this and the reasons frankly are unknown to us, too. We were just made aware that it would be a good moment to start patrols in a designated area of space and so we organized it. At the moment our numbers are few and still we hope that we can maintain a regular schedule of wings that do the patrols out there. Hence my asking for help.

Hi Rifters,

finally I can present the details about the Children of Raxxla's Rift-Border-Patrol missions. We are going to be as open as we can about our patrols because we think that we have the same goals.
Just to remind you: on Thursday May 5th two Wings of four Commanders each left HR6421 after being briefed by CMDR Salomé herself on a mission to the borders of the Formidine Rift. The two wings have reached their listening-posts and already started thorough exploration of the surroundings. The plan is to regularly send patrols there for 2-week-shifts to maintain a permanent presence at the Rift. The next two wings are scheduled to leave HR 6421 on May 23rd, 3302. If anybody is interested to help it would be very appreciated.
How can I help?
http://i.imgur.com/pMROir2.jpg

I'm currently heading our to the H&S for a long overdue visit. I might be interested in sticking around to help.

Last edited:
I totally disagree. Based on Drew's interview on the Dogg & Toad podcast when Salomè drops into Open it is supposed to be public. This might have been a 'whoops' though. Based on the info from that same podcast I'm about 70% convinced that Salomè isn't a common player. I think she's being roleplayed by someone at Frontier.

Prior to the announcement that Salomè was ordering CoR wings to patrol the border of the Rift it was noticed that she was in Open Play and moving fast back to CoR headquarters. Upon her arrival she immediately made the announcement regarding the wings. It appears that our seeing Salomè in Open Play is supposed to be part of the narrative. So yeah: If I see Salomè in open play I'll be tracking her every move under the belief that I'm SUPPOSED to be paying attention. If I'm wrong then whoever is behind the character is free to drop me from their friends list.
This is CoRs take on it too. If Salomè is in a private group we don't message her, not even to say hello. As far as we know she uses private group to 'do stuff' and not reveal exactly whats she's up to or where she's going. If she's in open play she's on 'duty' and in roleplay mode, ready to interact with players, and revealing her whereabouts deliberately.

Just added Salomè as a friend, and got accepted with a couple of minutes! nice!

Intention is to Roleplay a bit when she is next in Open and ask where I should donate my Exploration Data, CoR for example. Still 13kylies out from my big trip so should be in the bubble in the next couple of days.

will keep you all informed.

Ok, cool. I've just arrived at the Heart Nebula so not too far away. I've no weapons but don't mind joining in to explore. Do you all play in open?

I'm out in the HYPOAE AIM sector, just randomly jumping around and winding my way deeper into the rift.... I'm on the xbox too, so its a view from the other side of the fence..

Salomè is the roleplay puppet of FD and every action is part of their storyboard. I think it's likely they are employing a tactic to bump the investigation on at a faster pace. If that is the case any play in open is fair game to use game tools. And that includes using the galactic Facebook friend tool.

So I say befriend Salomè and if accepted use combined sightings to track more accurately.

Ok, cool. I've just arrived at the Heart Nebula so not too far away. I've no weapons but don't mind joining in to explore. Do you all play in open?

I've started playing in open, now that I've added about 20+ people to my friends list from here, in-game. It's neat to see where everyone is around the Rift.

I've started playing in open, now that I've added about 20+ people to my friends list from here, in-game. It's neat to see where everyone is around the Rift.

I've always loved Open and have never experienced any of the negatives that others appear to have.

With so many people coming to this topic the chances of running into 'It' are nicely growing! :D
Tally ho, lads!
Just kidding. I don't have visual...

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I've always loved Open and have never experienced any of the negatives that others appear to have.

IF you insist I can do you a favour and kill you on sight ;)

With so many people coming to this topic the chances of running into 'It' are nicely growing! :D
Tally ho, lads!
Just kidding. I don't have visual...

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

IF you insist I can do you a favour and kill you on sight ;)

No, no ... I'm fine really. Thanks for the *kind* offer though :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom