The Formidine Rift - Part 2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So why is a ex-Senator potentially grinding Empire Rank (cough Achenar cough). HIP 10716's primary claim to fame is a popular rank grinding system. Kind of sucks the immersion out picturing an ex-Senator mode switching in and out of open to private to spawn donation missions.

(the above is pure speculation obviously)

Last edited:
So why is a ex-Senator potentially grinding Empire Rank (cough Achenar cough). HIP 10716's primary claim to fame is a popular rank grinding system. Kind of sucks the immersion out picturing an ex-Senator mode switching in and out of open to private to spawn donation missions.

(the above is pure speculation obviously)

Well, when she left her tiara, the Dark Wheel amulet and the Seven Veils behind she turned her back on 'Kahina' and is now Salome. No rank, no connections. She's basically building herself a new life.

;)

I'm out in the HYPOAE AIM sector, just randomly jumping around and winding my way deeper into the rift.... I'm on the xbox too, so its a view from the other side of the fence..

Also Xbox here. I'm sticking close to the bubble testing my ExploreConda until Horizons drops. Then I'll be heading back out towards the general rift area(after some practice landings of course [big grin])

SO hip 10760 while one is in the bubble could be a good spot to grind up rank and perhaps get allied just incase it is of some importance in the future ?

So just bringing this one up (again) since I don't feel it's been discussed with a sufficiently satisfying conclusion:

Salome follows DWE to BP. Announces the data gathered (on the way to BP? AT Beagle Point? On the way back?) will be important. Assuming it's not about the influence gain of a certain faction when handing the data in: for roleplaying purposes it would then probably mean the location data is important.

Next she runs to the rift and sets up a perimeter with the CoR.

If she couldn't have done this before DWE, what about the data gathered enabled or prompted her to set the perimeter?

Triangulation? I don't think so. Much too fuzzy across that distance. Also, through which three points? BP only has historic (man made) value, also drawing a line from there through anywhere in the bubble would yield pretty much similar results due to the distance. Haven't tested, but I assume no line from BP to any of the perimeter systems of CoR goes through any particular POI.

What else then helped her pinpointing the perimeter? Unless it's just a vague feeling she got out there and ran back on a hunch.

SO hip 10760 while one is in the bubble could be a good spot to grind up rank and perhaps get allied just incase it is of some importance in the future ?

Certainly. Go for it.

I, for one, won't do any work for the Empire due to their stance on slavery. My hope is that Salome, having seen life outside the core of the Empire will recant her position on the matter. We shall see. Until then my allegiance is based on mutual exploitation. Salome is using us to build an army to take back Prism while we are using her to open a path toward unravelling the mysteries of the galaxy with the ultimate prize being Raxxla. The Formidine Rift is, in my mind a primer toward unlocking the answer to the first question: Raxxla.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So just bringing this one up (again) since I don't feel it's been discussed with a sufficiently satisfying conclusion:

Salome follows DWE to BP. Announces the data gathered (on the way to BP? AT Beagle Point? On the way back?) will be important. Assuming it's not about the influence gain of a certain faction when handing the data in: for roleplaying purposes it would then probably mean the location data is important.

Next she runs to the rift and sets up a perimeter with the CoR.

If she couldn't have done this before DWE, what about the data gathered enabled or prompted her to set the perimeter?

Triangulation? I don't think so. Much too fuzzy across that distance. Also, through which three points? BP only has historic (man made) value, also drawing a line from there through anywhere in the bubble would yield pretty much similar results due to the distance. Haven't tested, but I assume no line from BP to any of the perimeter systems of CoR goes through any particular POI.

What else then helped her pinpointing the perimeter? Unless it's just a vague feeling she got out there and ran back on a hunch.

Almost as soon as Salome issued her warning about being careful about the data former Fed President Halsey issued a CG to collect that data. Coincidence? I think not. Two powerful women trying to seduce us for our exploration dsta, one with her charisma and the other with her credits.

Folks, in an aside, this will be available tomorrow, to mark 10 years since I started writing Elite-y stories, originally via the Oolite forum. I am taking the opportunity close up a few loose ends.

13237836_10153433597692447_3062992088163093554_n.jpg

It is not canon or official, but it is consistent with ED lore.

10.29 am tomorrow morning > www.drewwagar.com

Cheers,

Drew.

Almost as soon as Salome issued her warning about being careful about the data former Fed President Halsey issued a CG to collect that data. Coincidence? I think not. Two powerful women trying to seduce us for our exploration dsta, one with her charisma and the other with her credits.

True. But nothing about Halsey should have prompted her to HURRY back the way she did. People could have handed in their data regardless of Salome's location, right?

As far as I'm concerned, she shouldn't have been cryptic about where she wanted people to hand in their data.

Also timing wise: is it just storytelling that these events coincide the way they do? (DWE, Halsey, the perimeter)

What's the purpose of these listenings posts and patrols?

I think Salome's speech mentioned a "great threat"; I have assumed the listening posts are intended to provide early warning of some form of hostile activity, presumably an invasion. However Intel is always useful- even if it tells you nothing is happening

Folks, in an aside, this will be available tomorrow, to mark 10 years since I started writing Elite-y stories, originally via the Oolite forum. I am taking the opportunity close up a few loose ends.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a8ac1eac9022ee041e0eb762174b2adb&oe=57E380F2

It is not canon or official, but it is consistent with ED lore.

10.29 am tomorrow morning > www.drewwagar.com

Cheers,

Drew.

Hi Drew,
Nice. I need to somehow buy the ebook.
I've been trying to buy Reclamation for my Kindle app on my iPhone, but unfortunately Amazon says it's only available for UK customers.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Certainly. Go for it.

I, for one, won't do any work for the Empire due to their stance on slavery. My hope is that Salome, having seen life outside the core of the Empire will recant her position on the matter. We shall see. Until then my allegiance is based on mutual exploitation. Salome is using us to build an army to take back Prism while we are using her to open a path toward unravelling the mysteries of the galaxy with the ultimate prize being Raxxla. The Formidine Rift is, in my mind a primer toward unlocking the answer to the first question: Raxxla.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Speaking about Raxxla...

First, I'm on the same boat as you in that matter. I'm primarily interested in Raxxla. Have run out of ideas though, so following the Formidine Rift meanwhile.

Does anybody know if Salomé left the DWE at some point for several days and rejoined later? I have a feeling that that trip was not just to give a message at the end. She probably was looking for something, and my guess is Raxxla. Maybe she has a clue and the DWE fitted perfectly in her plans to disguise her actual intentions. Don't think that asking her directly is going to achieve anything, but maybe someone in the DWE noticed something out of the ordinary during her trip. Still looking for vague hints for Raxxla... I'll take anything!

Does anybody know if Salomé left the DWE at some point for several days and rejoined later? I have a feeling that that trip was not just to give a message at the end. She probably was looking for something, and my guess is Raxxla. Maybe she has a clue and the DWE fitted perfectly in her plans to disguise her actual intentions. Don't think that asking her directly is going to achieve anything, but maybe someone in the DWE noticed something out of the ordinary during her trip. Still looking for vague hints for Raxxla... I'll take anything!

I've already been befriended to her during DWE and noticed, that she did the Open / Private Group-switches during the expedition too. So I guess she was "doing stuff" on DWE too, as Erimus put it. :D

Last edited:
Hi Drew,
Nice. I need to somehow buy the ebook.
I've been trying to buy Reclamation for my Kindle app on my iPhone, but unfortunately Amazon says it's only available for UK customers.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Which country are you in, Falcon_D?

Cheers,

Drew.

I think Salome's speech mentioned a "great threat"; I have assumed the listening posts are intended to provide early warning of some form of hostile activity, presumably an invasion. However Intel is always useful- even if it tells you nothing is happening
She also said "Shadowy forces continue to unroll their agenda. Right now the threat comes from the core, not from the Frontier! Be watchful." so that could hint at keeping tabs on something entering the Rift from human space as much as coming out of the Rift. The Rift patrols have been asked to keep a look out for activity ether side of the border.

Last edited:
I've already been befriended to her during DWE and noticed, that she did the Open / Private Group-switches during the expedition too. So I guess she was "doing stuff" on DWE too, as Erimus put it. :D
Imagined something like that. Would be interesting to see if someone noticed her going solo or private for a longer term, and if she disappeared at a certain point and rejoined at a later way point. Imagine it's going to be difficult to find out, or impossible.

Imagined something like that. Would be interesting to see if someone noticed her going solo or private for a longer term, and if she disappeared at a certain point and rejoined at a later way point. Imagine it's going to be difficult to find out, or impossible.
She was off the radar (i.e. not traveling in Kamzel group or open play), until she reached the Bleak Lands. Then as far as I know, she vanished again until reaching the Sublustris Beacon. Never saw her again until Beagle Point. So all in all she was only visible for sporadic periods during Distant Worlds. Its also worth knowing Salomé traveled ahead of the fleet and pretty much scouted the route for DW (after I was asked to give her all the waypoint systems in advance back in January).

She was off the radar (i.e. not traveling in Kamzel group or open play), until she reached the Bleak Lands. Then as far as I know, she vanished again until reaching the Sublustris Beacon. Never saw her again until Beagle Point. So all in all she was only visible for sporadic periods during Distant Worlds. Its also worth knowing Salomé traveled ahead of the fleet and pretty much scouted the route for DW (after I was asked to give her all the waypoint systems in advance back in January).
Thank you Erimus. That makes my try to narrow a search area basically pointless though. If she was visible for so short periods of time, I'll have to keep looking for other clues.

Thank you Erimus. That makes my try to narrow a search area basically pointless though. If she was visible for so short periods of time, I'll have to keep looking for other clues.

I suspect it's not even worth bothering trying to follow Salome through the galaxy anyway, as we've been told that the player roleplaying as Salome only knows just as much as the rest of us about the Mystery.

I suspect it's not even worth bothering trying to follow Salome through the galaxy anyway, as we've been told that the player roleplaying as Salome only knows just as much as the rest of us about the Mystery.
Yes, I'm aware of that, and don't think she found anything anyway. I know she's looking for it as well, but I do hope she might have a further clue. She was after all in Earth at equinox looking for something, and that might be initially just an area of space.

Although Salomé is looking just like the rest of us, she might have a hunch from time to time or hear the voices of the creators of the universe in her head that she might decide to follow...

I'm a bit desperate for hints, I know...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom