The GLFFE Thread

glFFE Mp3 music

What kind of music are you listening while flying in space?

I prefer melancholic, new age or electronic music: I think this styles suit very well for space environment.

Docking music: Faith of the heart (ST Enterprise opening theme)

Flight music:
- For all seasons by Yanni
- Secret world by Enya
- Some OverClocked Remix of Chrono Trigger,(imo the best game for SNES :cool:)
- Raiden 2 OC Remix

Combat music: Ozar Midrashim (from Soul Reaver game)

What are yours?

I never had a preference but playing Frontier I got really tired of some of the tunes... that being said, "Let there be a separate volume control for music"

I liked the FE2 score, but usually the first thing I do after installing a game is turn off the music. It really bugs me if a game starts playing tunes when I haven't told it to. I mean, what a liberty... Arcade games I don't mind, but with sims and 3D shooters muzak just grinds my goat.

combat scenes - drum and bass - dark, fast, drum and bass...

docking and space flight towards a planet/space station - intelligent/downbeat drumnbass

whilst inside a station trading - experimental, electro

Ambient remixes made by Morlack and similar remixers (only have a few of his works though). Each track anything from two to four hours long, varied, and of course ambient. Music I don't have to actively "listen" to.

I'd say stick with the powerful classic tunes (and lots more in this genre) from Frontier, but with directories where we could make our own playlists like in GTA. Maybe other genres as well, but I'd stay away from Rap, hiphop etc :D Music that adds *feel* to the game.

Googled me onto this site and found myself some new ones... Gonna be a long nite I guess :)

Last edited:
GLFFE help!

Hey people.

Could anyone help me with a bug I seem to have run into with GLFFE.

I have installed the game, and for the most part it works fine. No graphics issues, looks sharp, works smoothly... on the whole very good.

However. Whenever I try to access Services at a starport, access my commander profile, inventory etc. or try to access the game menu (by pressing the pause button twice), I briefly see the screen I want for a fraction of a second, then it is replaced by a black screen.

The game is still running fine, the console is there, its just the information section which goes black. on the ship information screen I can see my ship in the square in the top right hand corner, but other than that, there is only black.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any tips or tricks to try? I am desperate to see this wonderful version playing to it's full potential, please help!

Some more information which may be useful...

I have found the following error log in my game file:

INFO: OpenGL 2.0 supported, proceeding
96.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open 96_alpha.bmp
crosshair.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open crosshair_alpha.bmp
driftmarker.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open driftmarker_alpha.bmp
title.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open title_alpha.bmp
console0.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console0_alpha.bmp
console1.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console1_alpha.bmp
console2.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console2_alpha.bmp
console3.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console3_alpha.bmp
console4.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console4_alpha.bmp
console5.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console5_alpha.bmp
console6.bmp alpha mask not loaded: Couldn't open console6_alpha.bmp
Unable to load console7.bmp: Couldn't open console7.bmp
Unable to load console8.bmp: Couldn't open console8.bmp

-----

Now 96.bmp is the watery background for the menu's (which is what I cannot access) - is this related do you think?

Like I say, I am a novice at this... Any help would be greatfully received.

Thanks in advance.

Phil...

How do you get the mp3's to work?

Hey guys -

How do you get the mp3's to work - I can only seem to get the original midi's to work...

Any tips?

Hey guys -

How do you get the mp3's to work - I can only seem to get the original midi's to work...

Any tips?

They need to have the exact same filename as the midis eg. qqfront, bluedan etc. Even then, the intro music won't play every time, in my experience, but after that it usually does :)

Muzik...

In the Hall of the Mountain King.
Only I like to here the sound of the engines, so the music is off.
Not only :D Me too ;)
As for music during the game... Hmmm... I prefer some techno (or ambient, or electronic - it's a two sides of coin) during the free flight, but in combat time it's better to listen some one hard and heavy - hard rock, for example... The change of music is used for alarm ;)

But not epic music - even superpeck of mind... "Flight of Valkyrie", e.g. :D X-tention123, other spacegame - epic music having a place...

"PlanetDetailHack - DreamZzz Planet Detail Hack (0->off 1->on - can also be controled with Ctrl+1 & Ctrl+2)"

Can someone fill me in on what this Hack does ?

Top Bottom