The glorious, Essential mudskipper Meta-Wishlist (2023)

As Planet Zoo approaches its 25th year, the community's demand for Mudskippers is at an all time high, a massive peak, a stupendous [thesaurus] demand. However, due to archaic regulations, the Planet Zoo class system, racial discrimination and Eurocentrism in other meta-wishlists, the mudskippers have been largely underrepresented in the other meta-wishlists.

We must help Frontier understand what the community wants in all things mudskipper related, as with the new brachiation feature added in the tropical pack all setbacks have been undone and we can finally have accurate Mudskippers.

This wishlist will show what we want in relation to ALL mudskippers - habitat, exhibit, aquarium, potential walkthrough exhibits, climbing, blue collar, free-range, cage-free, pasturized. All Mudskipper opinions shall be accepted.

RULES:
  1. All users must submit 37 mudskippers (no more, no less, 22 (exactly 29))
  2. As aviaries have not been implemented yet, all mudskippers which are usually kept in aviaries will be ommited from the list
  3. No extinct mudskippers
  4. Every user gets one vote
    1. votes will not be counted reliably, I am bad at math
    2. Voter fraud will be commited in accordance to my whims
  5. Not all animals which skip in mud are inherently mudskippers. If you have a doubt about whether an animal is a mudskipper you are welcome to ask me
I hope we will all find this tool useful as it deserves, and finally bring the mudskippers to the game.

Next wishlist we shall express our collective interest in the Scheltopusik. If this catches interest we could make a retroactive list discussing the essentiality of the red river hogs.

Have fun! And stick to the rules!

I want the Quellian mudskipper, a mudskipper that is actually not a fish, but a guppy. Quellian mudskippers are found in Brazil, near the San Francisco mountain.

Extremely rare, only 25.000 have been observed, with 37.000 in captivity

Spectacled Mudskipper
Shoeskipper
Mudhor
Mud Devil aka Tasmanian Skipper
Crested Mudskipper
Golden Mudskipper
Lady amskipper
Victoria Crowned Crawler
Secretary Skipper
European Brown Skipper
American Black Skipper
Leotard Mudskater

Oh how cute, we got ourselves a lil' comedian on the forums over here.

9a7jyryftcp51.jpg

Glad someone is finally brave enough to address the biggest gap in PZ’s roster! Here are my species:
  1. Tasmanian mudskipper
  2. African crested mudskipper
  3. Secretary mudskipper
  4. Mudverine
  5. South American mudskipper
  6. Walskipper
  7. Goodfellow’s tree mudskipper
  8. Black howler mudskipper
  9. Musk mudskipper
  10. Hamadryas mudskipper
  11. North Island brown mudskipper
  12. Mudskippin
  13. Golden lion mudskipper
  14. West Indian mudskipper
  15. Shoeskipper
  16. Grey-crowned mudskipper
  17. One-humped mudskipper
  18. Markskipper
  19. Mudelot
  20. Saiskipper
  21. Spectacled mudskipper
  22. Serskipper
  23. Honey mudskipper
  24. Short-beaked mudskipper
  25. Mudlada
  26. Mudbuck
  27. Great white mudskipper
  28. Mantled mudskipper
  29. Black mudskipper
  30. Patagonian mudskipper
  31. Sea mudskipper
  32. Coquerel’s mudskipper
  33. Palla’s mudskipper
  34. Southern mudskipper
  35. Muddax
  36. Greater mudskipper
  37. Geoffroy’s spider mudskipper
29 species is not enough if you ask me!

Next wishlist we shall express our collective interest in the Scheltopusik.
(would unironically love this lol)

That is the funniest thing I've seen today. In all seriousness though I would LOVE mudskippers. They're unique and incredibly cute. They would need a null exhibit though or I would cry.
Why would they need a null exhibit. I think frontier would just need make a unique new interior for them.

Why would they need a null exhibit. I think frontier would just need make a unique new interior for them.
I think he meant null exhibit in the sense of no walls/glass, kinda like the WEs. That way, we can make standard exhibits look much larger than they really are, kinda like how we can make a huge bat aviary using the null WE

Yeh, they would be ok in the current exhibits but Mudskippers are crying out for a larger habitat than that. Imagine building a pond and then putting an exhibit with null walls at the end so the edge of the water in their habitat joins the pond ♥ I saw them in an aquarium exhibited like that, it might have been Blue Planet in Liverpool and it was amazing!

Yeh, they would be ok in the current exhibits but Mudskippers are crying out for a larger habitat than that. Imagine building a pond and then putting an exhibit with null walls at the end so the edge of the water in their habitat joins the pond ♥ I saw them in an aquarium exhibited like that, it might have been Blue Planet in Liverpool and it was amazing!
From this description I feel it'd be better to just make it a habitat animal. I know we haven't had any that small before but also before Africa pack we didn't have anything as small as meerkat and fennec so anything could happen. I'm still holding out hope for a habitat Frill necked lizard lol.

Top Bottom