The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

I haven't played the game in a long time, but the possibility it inspires is still fun.
So I photoshopped this screenshot from whitezephyr on page 136 making all suns shine and cast shadows.
This one would be hard to have in game!

Brairia QV-B d14-5 Jun_02_2021_19_39-4.jpg

Last edited:
Schrödinger's planet.

It's earth like world, but it's not actually.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend taking off the helmet.

I really like that mountain formation, it looks so real!!! However As I've pointed out a few times they should tweak a bit the atmospheric engine to make terrain and horizon blend better in terms of colours. That blue haze on the mountains shouild have a bit of the color of the horizon and vice versa. It seems terrain is not affected by the same parameters as the sky. It's visible to more or less degree in all planets.

It does look a bit weird sometimes, let's hope they find a way to make it blend better as well. Did a quick dirty edit to see a difference and it does look better and a bit more natural with some colour adjusting.

Before: Original
RgR3xCV.jpg
After: With Blue haze
nWZna2M.jpg

After: No blue haze
QTP7HLi.jpg

Last edited:
I think the problem at this point is that the behaviour of the atmosphere is different for terrain and sky. Terrain that is far away enough should be affected by the same parameters as the sky, In this case if you want to have the additive saturated blue haze as we have now in the mountains, you should have it also in the sky.

Now the haze is additive in the mountains and then magically it's subtractive in the sky, creating that disconnection. I did a quick test to illustrate my point. I think it shows how the shaders affecting sky and terrain are disconnected. I this particular option I've blended the sky getting the tones and values of distant terrain, but I could have done just the opposite.

RgR3xCV_tweaks.gif

I think the problem at this point is that the behaviour of the atmosphere is different for terrain and sky. Terrain that is far away enough should be affected by the same parameters as the sky, In this case if you want to have the additive saturated blue haze as we have now in the mountains, you should have it also in the sky.

Now the haze is additive in the mountains and then magically it's subtractive in the sky, creating that disconnection. I did a quick test to illustrate my point. I think it shows how the shaders affecting sky and terrain are disconnected. I this particular option I've blended the sky getting the tones and values of distant terrain, but I could have done just the opposite.
I wonder if its methane smog instead of water 🤷‍♂️
I wonder if its smog rather than water 💧 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom