The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

20220709152916_1.jpg

I would love to contribute screenshots but that feature stopped working some months ago. Haven't been able to figure out what happened.
You have to upload them to another service and link them here. You only get a very small allowance on the Forum for uploading photos.

Last edited:
CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - star date 220709

Previously

Exploration has started in earnest.
Trinary System by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Class A Sisters by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Unusual Ice Rings by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Apart from first discovering nearly everything today from solitary, binary and trinary star systems, we have also come across a number of terraformable planets

Taking a Closer Look by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Terraformable Water World by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

I decided to call the carrier in over this Water World with the potential to host a colony. However, this far out, there's little chance anyone would want to take up the offer. Still, for 4MCr, just to scan it was worth it.
Standard Orbit by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

The Science Team prepare to undertake surveys whilst I rest.
Research begins by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

See you in the black.

Last edited:
CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - star date 220710

Another day with my explorer which, surprise, has no weapons. Real explorers do not carry guns!
TFS Minas Tears by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Not every star system has a bounty. Some just happen to be pretty.
Dolphin in a big ocean by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

But then you happen on a system chock full of HMC worlds.
Metal Content Worlds by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

This causes you to capture certain vistas.
Eclipse by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

I'm sure these worlds should be tearing themselves apart.
Tearing themselves apart by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

They are indeed both highly volcanic.
Twin planet peril by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

In comparison, this Argon atmosphere world is serene. I was wondering how difficult it was going to be to locate the local flora...
Wonder how easy to find by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

We come in peace, shoot to... er... take a genetic sample!
Real Explorers do not carry weapons by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

I bring the single sample back on board and they give me 600kCr for it. I wonder what they are doing in that lab of theirs on my carrier?
Vista Genomics Carrier Lab by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

See you in the black, o7.

Next

Last edited:
I'm referring to the screenshot feature. That stopped working for me.
You may already be aware of these but just in case...
  • The high-res screenshot function (Alt-F10 by default) won't work in Open play, only in Private or Solo modes. If you've recently switched to Open and are exclusively using high-res screenshots, try switching modes or using the standard-definition screenshot function (F10 by default).

• Some software, in my experience most notably nVidia's GeForce stuff, uses some of the same default keybinds as ED and even if they're overridden they can be restored by some updates. It might be worth checking such features to see if something's been enabled. On at least three occasions I've had GeForce Experience updates reset the ShadowPlay keybinds to their defaults including one on Alt-F10 which stopped ED's screenshots from working.

CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - star date 220712

Previously

It's easy to forget that you get paid for scanning volcanic features. It's not much, but it's something. There are plenty of those out there.
Lava Vents by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

We are still hunting for that elusive mining spot. Whilst there are plenty of hotspots, nothing stands out, except in their prettiness.
Rocky Rings by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Icy Rings by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

We continue to chase that biologist ranking by collecting samples from flora both familiar and unfamiliar.
On the Ice by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

First time we are meeting by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

A new variety by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

This is CMDR Sheehy, seeking strange new worlds, new life, new rock formations, boldly turning the galaxy blue one star at a time.
Backlit against the Galaxy by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Next

Last edited:
CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - star date 220713

Previously

Only a handful of star systems today, yet plenty to see in them.
Atmospheric HMC World by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Fast-moving sister worlds, only 8ls from their star. Riddled with volcanic activity.
Fast moving sisters by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Meeting a Water World is always a pleasure (for my wallet and my eyes.) This was a small one orbiting an L-Class dwarf. No cloud cover. Imagine the eternal blue sky and gentle red sunshine!
Eclipse by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
A Small Water World L Class Dwarf by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

In the same system, a couple of worlds support life. This one is just bacteria. It lives on the ice.
It Lives on the Ice by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
This one is worth 800kCr for a first discovery. Unusual for a bacterial colony.
Bacterium Informem Red by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And yes, that is ice. The colour comes from the class L brown dwarf the planet orbits.
Bacterium Informem Red 2 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

It's a very relaxed exploring life when you have your own carrier nearby.
Turn for Home by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Back in time to carry out the crew reviews. Next please!
Review Time by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

See you in the black, o7!

Next

Last edited:
I bring you some truly magnificent views from my exploration run (day 1 - 7 screenshots). I have 162 of them, so it's bit too much to post them one by one, so I uploaded them all on my Patreon page here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/69063922

and here are some teasers to get people to check the rest! If anyone wants to see the exploration itself, then day 1 - 7 streams (3-5h each) are available on my youtube channel.

Close to a super giant star (420 something solar radius, you can go 50c speed and you barely even move compared to it!)
1.jpg

A little BBQ anyone?
1.jpg

Neutron star with rings! I was able to get as close as 700km from it, truly amazing view
1.jpg

That's a lot of rocks .. never seen SO MANY in same area!
1.jpg

Sun with rings!
1.jpg

Looks like some toys that girls would use :/
1.jpg

Flying past black hole, look at this warp-bubble around it!
1.jpg

CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - star date 220715

Previously

Another couple of days charting the immediate vicinity of Sundari's Testimony. We are now out at around the 30Ly mark and we have made many discoveries. In other news, I am tracking carrier costs versus revenue from discoveries to see if we can break even without transferring from my pilot account. I'll let you know how that goes. It helps to stumble across terraformable water worlds, like this one:
Twin Suns 2 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
Even worlds like this are useful in that regard:
Thick Atmosphere by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

We are still hoping to stumble across a platinum-overlap-mine. We have seen pristine rings carrying a variety of minerals.
Mining Hunt by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And quite a few without any. This is the only metallic ring I have come across so far, and not so much as a flicker of a hotspot:
Tight Ring 1 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Outside of the prospecting, we have come across some interesting worlds. Here is the day side of a volcanic world I stumbled on yesterday:
The Dark World by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

One understands that this world is entirely internally heated.
The Lava Spout by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Echoes of Tron
Nightvision Tron Style by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

I'm thinking it's time for the TFS Mina's Tears to get a new paint job. Something in white may be appropriate. So here's a last look in her Azure.
Constelation by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
TFS Minas Tears by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
Sunset by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Next

Last edited:
Top Bottom