The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

Wow. Any other old-school Frontier players getting some serious Merlin/Aster vibes from that first shot? I'm going to have to visit this place.

merlinlike.png
So true!

CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - star date 220718

Previously

Sadly, we must report the loss of the explorer "TFS Mina's Tears."
Last image by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

I was overseeing the wrapping up of my research on the Terraformable water world Sundari's Testimony is orbiting when the report came in. The following logs were retrieved by the rescue rangers, who also recovered my wife's escape pod.

She had discovered a beautifully lit world with scant life and was investigating.
Sundari by CMD Sheehy, on Flickr

SRV by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

This bacterial colony appears to be one of the largest we have encountered.
Large Bacteria by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

It was while searching for Fungoida (which loves the mountains) that the incident happened. The Fungoida record was not found according to the black box.
Frutexa by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

The incident review concluded that the loss of the ship was due to CFIT on Hypoae Aihm HX-Z b56-0 3 a. No data was recoverable and the systems will need to be rescanned in due course.
Incident Review by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

It happens to the best of us and I am simply glad to have my darling back safe and sound. The TFS Mina's Tears will need to be replaced, but it will take some time to have the replacement shipped from the bubble. It looks like we will need to use one of our other ships for the time being.

Fly safe, CMDRs. o7!

Next

Last edited:
Is my Orca on the rocks here?
Orca landed on rocks 2022-07-18 (1).jpg

On a closer look it looks like it's leaning on rocks, but it did not get hull damage in this landing.
Orca landed on rocks 2022-07-18 (2).jpg

This landing was performed by the Auto-land feature. I turned the Auto-docking computer on after trying to land manually for a while. It found a spot that blinked blue in the scanner, but was red during touchdown. Then the docking computer just kept pushing the ship down until suddenly it was landed.

My pictures are not photoshopped, everything has to do with what kind of planet or moon you land on or the type of star that is nearby, some of the planets or moons have atmosphere and some do not.

I use Frontiers ED launcher with high graphics settings when I take the photo, (F10) bmp quality and convert it to jpg with onlinejpgtools.

With atmosphere

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Without atmosphere

2.jpg

And then there are other light sources you can use like flashlight and headlight

1.jpg

2.jpg

Commander control is good to have to ;)

7.jpg

CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - Stardate 220719

Previously

TFS Paul of Tarsus is seconded into action as the second longest range jumper in our fleet.
Saul of Tarsus 1 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Today we scanned the most uninteresting star systems in one trip yet. Finally, we stumbled on a system with 48 stellar objects and some interesting phenomena.
Wide Rings by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Saul of Tarsus 2 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Close Worlds by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Ringed HMC by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Now don't get me wrong, I love the T10. It's powerful, beautiful to look at and competent in many things...
The sky is high and I must fly by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

As is the Scorpion...
Landing by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
Scorpion by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And the Ship Launched Fighter is useful.
SLF by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

But the T10 is a cow to turn. Fortunately, our new Explorer-Dolphin arrived today. Hoping this one will take us to new places in the heavens.
Elijahs Chariot by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Please, darling, would you mind not crashing this one?
Pre-Inspection by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

See you in the black, CMDRs, o7.

Next

Last edited:
CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - Stardate 220721

Previously

Space is big
Closely Orbiting Moon by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Full of resources
Overlaps by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Filled with Wonders
Fumerola Sempesta Gold by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And great beauty
sampling by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And great danger
Blue Geyser by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And in the long tradition of CMDRs touching stuff
Touching Stuff 2 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Nothing bad has ever happened, right?
Touching stuff by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

🤦‍♂️
The view from up here by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

My wife fluffed the landing and lost consciousness. I'd have probably done exactly the same. Fortunately, not a lot was lost as most data was onboard the ship's computer. We did need to retreat to pick up an SVR restock though.

See you in the black, o7.

Next

Last edited:
CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - Stardate 220721

Previously

Space is big
Closely Orbiting Moon by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Full of resources
Overlaps by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Filled with Wonders
Fumerola Sempesta Gold by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And great beauty
sampling by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And great danger
Blue Geyser by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

And in the long tradition of CMDRs touching stuff
Touching Stuff 2 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Nothing bad has ever happened, right?
Touching stuff by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

🤦‍♂️
The view from up here by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

My wife fluffed the landing and lost consciousness. I'd have probably done exactly the same. Fortunately, not a lot was lost as most data was onboard the ship's computer. We did need to retreat to pick up an SVR restock though.

See you in the black, o7.
Ouch, all the exobiology datas gone, I know the feeling 😱

CMDRs Log - Deeply Uninteresting Expedition - Stardate 220722

Previously

Okay, let's clear some things up. I am currently around six kylies from The Bubble with my fleet carrier, Sundari's Testimony, in Sanguineous Rim, on the Perseus Arm of the Galaxy. It's not a crazy distance from the bubble. (I could reach home in two hours if need be!) This means I have much more leeway for losses and accidents.

The idea is to plant Sundari's Testimony at a particular spot and then turn the area blue (from not visited to visited) around her for 50lys. It means the carrier does not move much. In fact, there are only two reasons she moves. One is if we stumble across a Metallic Ring with Platinum Hotspot. The other is this:
Earthlike 1 by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
Earthlike approach by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
Dusk by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

So we have called the carrier in.
Command Deck by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

Shore leave for the crew and plenty of research opportunities.
Bar by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr

At over a thousand ls from its parent F-type star, it's a bit tropical down there at an average 35C. The pressure is slightly less than Earth at .68 Atmospheres despite gravity being the same as Earth's. At 71.4% Nitrogen, 23.6% Oxygen and 4.8% Water, it's the equivalent of being around 10,000 feet on Earth and humid at the same time. The partial pressure of Oxygen on the surface means that some acclimatisation will be needed. Long-term habitation is possible without any ill side effects.

The same system has a number of interesting planets...
Mars Vibes by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
Observations by CMDR Sheehy, on Flickr
...but they are dwarfed by this discovery.

So now we have a new starting point. Turning the galaxy blue, one star at a time! o7

Next

Last edited:
Top Bottom