The Great Fleet Carrier Bartender Material Advertisement Thread!

Currently selling some engineer unlock stuff I no longer need.
#armada Party Bus, LP 98-132
359320_20220317034435_1.png

What i currently have for sale.

Carrier Name: Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Jumps Planned: None

Previous stocks were cleaned out, currently this is what is available.

1647649434265.png

Last edited:
Following my discovery that my entire meager stock of 100 various items was sold out in less than a day, and thus there apparently is a high demand for Odyssey materials, I figured that we could all use a dedicated space on the Forums to advertise what we have available in our Fleet Carrier's Bartender catalogue (as apparently there is no current way to figure out what a Bartender has on tap in stock beyond visiting them, at least to my knowledge).

As with the other material threads, remember to update your posts to indicate when items have been depleted or when you've moved your Carrier. Include the name, ID and location of your Fleet Carrier so we can find it. I'll start with the following:

Fleet Carrier Rhapsody of Chaos (JFT-LQX), 25 Nu-2 Draconis, in orbit above 25 Nu-2 Draconis 3
  • 16 Aerogel
  • 21 Optical Fiber
  • 30 Titanium Plating
  • 18 Tungsten Carbide
  • 15 Ionized Gas
Edit: AAAHHHH Sold out already!

Latest round of stuff:
  • 12 Aerogel
  • 26 Carbon Fiber Plating
  • 31 Health Monitors
  • 31 Suit Schematics
Edit 2: Next round of stuffs to be had!
  • 28 G-Meds
  • 70 Push (Whole lot is worth 17.5 million Credits!)
  • 2 Surveillance Equipment (More where that came from!)
At this rate I'm going to go out of business - I can't keep up!

Edit 3: Sold out again, but I'm out to find some more stuff to get. I've made a ton of credits today!

I know this is a useful way for commanders to lay hands on much needed items, and scalping is barely an issue when lucrative moneymaking opportunities exist, even post-Borann, but is it still cost effective, against the outlay for installation and upkeep?

I mean, it would be great to finally have a service that generated real and sizable income without having to plot out a business plan with a spreadsheet, as with commodities apparently, but if that success relies on item worth being the new 'tulip craze', that's sub optimal.

Or even non fungible.

Not to sidetrack things, but out of curiosity - do you find this an efficient mechanism for supplying negative influence? Nobody seems to have a clear idea of how effective Odyssey crime is (vs murdering ships, black market trades, etc), but the slow notoriety gain does make it attractive if it works.
The act of attacking the Settlements (killing occupants, powering the Settlement down) doesn't seem to result in a major drop in Influence, if any; each murder is only 1,000 credits regardless of your Notoriety level.

However, some Settlements have quite a few ships that fly overhead that make for some easy targets; spend a while shooting them down and you can drop a Faction's Influence rapidly. As a bonus: neither Security Services nor ATR will show up to deter you.

I would like to see Influence gains / losses resulting from Odyssey-related actions (Missions, powering down Settlements, etc.) increased to be on par with Horizons Missions. Right now I can stack Pirate Massacre and Pirate Assassination Missions targeting the same Faction and drop 30+ Influence points in the same timespan I can attack one Settlement for at most 3 points. 4 with the new Protect Missions that only spawn every so often.

TLDR: Use the Settlements as bait to attack the ships overhead to cause maximum Influence damage. Here's some data I've been collecting from the past two weeks to back that claim up (note the Natural Bureau's influence in particular):

DateEDGVCTransportation OrgNatural Bureau
3/6/20225.9%9.8%7.4%
3/7/20226.1%10.2%7.7%
3/8/20228.5%11.1%8.5%
3/9/20228.5%11.0%8.5%
3/10/20228.5%7.4%8.5%
3/11/20228.5%4.0%8.5%
3/12/20228.5%3.7%8.5%
3/13/20224.2%3.5%11.9%
3/14/20224.3%3.6%2.5%
3/15/20223.8%3.1%1.0%
3/16/20223.6%2.9%1.0%

Back on topic: I'm attacking some more Settlements to get more mats to sell as I'm nearly cleaned out. If anyone choses to farm some stuff in 25 Nu-2 Draconis, I'd ask you to avoid attacking Settlements owned by either the 25 Nu-2 Draconis Bureau, Buurian Protectorate or Andromeda Corporation for Influence reasons; everything else is fair game. Most of my stuff has been stolen from The Revolutionary Party's Industrial Settlements and one Agricultural Settlement. They've got some good loot to be had there.

I know this is a useful way for commanders to lay hands on much needed items, and scalping is barely an issue when lucrative moneymaking opportunities exist, even post-Borann, but is it still cost effective, against the outlay for installation and upkeep? I mean, it would be great to finally have a service that generated real and sizable income without having to plot out a business plan with a spreadsheet, as with commodities apparently, but if that success relies on item worth being the new 'tulip craze', that's sub optimal.
In the short term, I believe I've made enough to cover my Carrier's weekly upkeep this week by selling things in the past day; long-term I'm still in the red, though I just started two days ago. Goods seem to be the money maker as Assets and Data aren't worth much even at 1000% above their Galactic Averages.

If FDEV fixes that and massively increases the Bartender storage (read: 1000+ items per category or per-material storage) this could be a decent way to earn upkeep for our Carriers while providing a service to help other players.

The S***show (H3L-I2M) in system Col 285 Sector UP-F c11-20 (200 LY from Sol) at planet 7 has the following items for sale nothing left for sale at the bartender. I also have a buy order for 13 settlement defense plans. The carrier will remain in place for a several day mining expedition. If buy/sell orders are complete or FC jump is plotted, I will update here (updated!). Can't wait for Inara and Eddb to cover this market as well (Artie crushed it! see his post below). I hope the inventory can be expanded. 100 units just isn't enough. 200 gives plenty of breathing room, but even 500 units allows for a sizeable market.

Last edited:
Can't wait for Inara and Eddb to cover this market as well. I hope the inventory can be expanded. 100 units just isn't enough. 200 gives plenty of breathing room, but even 500 units allows for a sizeable market.
A new material trading feature for Inara is live. There are however some hurdles due to a limited set of data game journals are providing, so it's a work in progress for now. But it should work somewhat. :)

The S***show (H3L-I2M) in system Col 285 Sector UP-F c11-20 (200 LY from Sol) at planet 7 has the following items for sale at the bartender. I also have a buy order for 13 settlement defense plans. The carrier will remain in place for a several day mining expedition. If buy/sell orders are complete or FC jump is plotted, I will update here. Can't wait for Inara and Eddb to cover this market as well. I hope the inventory can be expanded. 100 units just isn't enough. 200 gives plenty of breathing room, but even 500 units allows for a sizeable market.
Went to your carrier, but looks like someone already cleaned you out before I got there!

Offloading excess engineer unlock materials
Carrier: DSS Tyrian
Currently in System: LTT 17422
View attachment 297056
Looks like I was quick on the draw this time! Bought out everything except your Insight Entertainment Suites (which I already have enough of). This'll make things much easier when I finally start unlocking the Odyssey Engineers.

Also I must say, your Carrier is parked in a very nice spot. Love the views of the Mars-like planet.

Looks like I was quick on the draw this time! Bought out everything except your Insight Entertainment Suites (which I already have enough of). This'll make things much easier when I finally start unlocking the Odyssey Engineers.

Also I must say, your Carrier is parked in a very nice spot. Love the views of the Mars-like planet.
Haha, yeah I discounted those Insight Entertainment Suites as much as the game would allow considering how common they are. I could just sell them to a regular bar for more than I've asking for them at my carrier, but I figure someone might want them who hasn't done any Odyssey grind whatsoever

Top Bottom