Newcomer / Intro The Harmless' Guide to the Galaxy

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not a new player, but gave this a perusal in case there was any info I didn't know about - have to say, an excellently written guide! Kudos for the hard work which clearly went into putting this together. Have some rep!

Thanks for the guide. So brand new to the game...I'm floating somewhere out in space trying to set my controls as we speak so this might be life and death! :)

So when you say to "Set your mouse wheel to control speed" are you referring to increase and decrease throttle? If I do I can't use the wheel to control both, just one or the other. Thanks!

So when you say to "Set your mouse wheel to control speed" are you referring to increase and decrease throttle? If I do I can't use the wheel to control both, just one or the other. Thanks!

Yes I'm referring to increase/decrease throttle. You can set 'mouse wheel roll up' to increase speed and 'mouse wheel roll down' to decrease speed. I'll make that clearer in the guide, thanks for the heads up :)

This post has helped me quite a bit! Thanks for all your hard work! I have 2 questions though,

1. Is rare good trading still worth it? I heard that it was nerfed pretty hard a few days ago. How did it change?

2. When bounty hunting, is it possible to attack someone that is in supercruise?

Thanks!

This post has helped me quite a bit! Thanks for all your hard work! I have 2 questions though,

1. Is rare good trading still worth it? I heard that it was nerfed pretty hard a few days ago. How did it change?

2. When bounty hunting, is it possible to attack someone that is in supercruise?

Thanks!

1. The quantities of rare goods available to you was heavily reduced from an effectively unlimited supply (ie. you could fill a Type-9 with a bit of patience) to a strictly limited amount per system (10 or less in most cases).

2. You can get a piece of equipment called an Interdictor which allows you to pull others out of super-cruise. However it's difficult to use and even more difficult to use without it causing damage to your own ship so the general consensus at the moment is that it actually makes your bounty hunting less profitable than just cruising a nav point.

Added an exploration section. This will probably be the last update until after Christmas, so please do post something in this thread if you find the guide useful, this will keep it on the front page where others can find and benefit from it.

Merry xmas all!

Great work. Leanred a few things.

My trick for docking shop is nose into the platform then level out the direction needed much faster than getting all situated before noticing im facing the wrong direction.

Thanks technophebe for taking the time to put the guide together, after a few hours of fumbling around getting nowhere with E.D. the guide really got me comfortable with the basics. Still have a lot to learn though ;-). Thanks again.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom