The Million Miners March – A DSSA Mission

Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #6

The sixth week of our deployment mission took us from Sheol to the Siren, on the edge of Centaurus Reach, our destination region. We found 156 Tritium hotspots in 49 systems, among them 3 Tri2 overlaps. Stellar variety was even lower than last week, with M-star systems reaching a share of over 75 %. This stretch of our route had the highest hotspot per system ratio so far, with a staggering amount of 3.18 hotspots per system with Tritium. This may point to a generally higher Tritium density in this region of space, providing an interesting subject for more detailed surveys in the future.
As always, the detailed results with all submissions can be found in our sheet here.
I'm indebted to CMDR Daftpunkdad and CMDR Getedoi for their consistent participation in this project, so thanks much, guys!

map wp6-7.jpg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:49
Rings with hotspots:81
Hotspots in total:156
Overlaps (Tri2):3

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:3.18
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.65
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.92

Hotspot distribution over star classes
M75.64 %
K19.23 %
G5.13 %

Last edited:
Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #7

In the penultimate stage of this mission, Tritium scouting proved difficult due to a severe drop in matter density as we entered Hawking's Gap. However, we still managed to find 114 Tritium hotspots in 41 systems, including 4 Tri2 overlaps. The Spartacus rendezvoused with the DSSA Nameless Mist of CMDR Running_Wild between waypoints, where we mined a few tons of Tritium in the local hotspot to partly replenish our dwindling fuel reserves. We saw a surprising amount of hotspots around K and F class stars, with shares of 32.46 % and 7.02 % of our total weekly hotspot findings, the highest reported during this survey. The relatively high number of heavier stars like class F could be a sign of increased star formation due to H II regions functioning as stellar nurseries in our path, which are often associated with dust cloud collapse at the edge of spiral arms as interarm material enters them.
The detailed results with all submissions can be found here.
CMDR Daftpunkdad and CMDR Getedoi helped again with their submissions. I cannot thank them enough for their continued contribution. You're the best, guys!

map wp7-8.jpg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:41
Rings with hotspots:61
Hotspots in total:114
Overlaps (Tri2):4

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.78
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.49
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.87

M54.39 %
K32.45 %
F7.02 %
G6.14 %

Last edited:
Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #8

The final week of our voyage into the heart of Centaurus Reach saw a change in our flight plan, as fellow DSSA CMDR Running_Wild invited us to visit him at his newly established home in Synookiae IF-R d4-20. He warmly welcomed us aboard his carrier, the DSSA Nameless Mist and sold us some Tritium to fill up our tanks. From here, we made our way towards the provisional deployment system and began scouting the area around it, nicknamed the "Destcube".
In total, we found 89 systems with Tritium with 245 hotspots, including 5 Tri2 overlaps. Stellar variety was unremarkable, with M-dwarfs dominating at a share 62.04 %. As the route took us through the Sagittarius-Carina-Arm, the observed stellar density was naturally higher than last week.
In the coming days, we will continue to search the Destcube for more Tritium overlaps. There seem to be precious few of them here, as the Destcube lies between 600 and 900 ly below the galactic plane. The deployment date is still to be determined - any updates will follow here shortly.
The detailed results with all submissions can be found here.
Thanks to CMDR Running_Wild for generously feasting us at the Nameless Mist and of course to CMDR Getedoi and CMDR Daftpunkdad as well for their tireless scouting efforts - without you, this survey wouldn't be possible! o7

map wp8-9.jpg

The Destcube
map wp9 cube.jpg

Destcube (plan view)
cube top down.jpg

Discoveries
TotalOn the wayInside the cube
Systems with hotspots:894247
Rings with hotspots:1426775
Hotspots in total:245116129
Overlaps (Tri2):541

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.75
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.60
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.73

M62.04 %
K27.75 %
G6.94 %
F2.86 %
L0.41 %

Last edited:
My fellow Cmdrs and I, onboard my fleet carrier, have arrived at Spartacus's location couple of days ago, on our way to Magellan's Star. Expect some crowd in Cartographer's room during next several days since we're leaving only on Sunday morning. :)

Hi LifesAjourney and welcome to the boondocks! Beverages are on the house 🍺- the offering may not be as diverse as the Bar, but we tried to stock the best booze, coffee and leeches this side of the galaxy. Some of the personnel even ventured in creating local brews. Which reminds me, it's wake-up time for Hines and the crew. Please be patient with Kelley, he's not the fastest UC clerk. It might take a while for the requests to get processed, even on a good day.

Oh, and watch your head in Corridor 5. Lots of heavy mining equipment laying about.

Hi and thanks! Long time no see, it's been a minute since the Bar. It's a shame you're 19 kylies away, according to EDSM. We could work on Kelley's motivation a bit together. ;)

Hi and thanks! Long time no see, it's been a minute since the Bar. It's a shame you're 19 kylies away, according to EDSM. We could work on Kelley's motivation a bit together. ;)
Welcome to our humble abode, traveller. If you need any Tritium to restock, just say the word and I'll open the tanks. Also, enjoy our special DSSA supporter discount (25% on Trittium, 50% on everything else). Just ask Mr. Morrow about it and ignore his muttering about diminishing returns - he is generally a friendly fellow. Hope you enjoy your stay, CMDR :). Btw, here are some local sights that might be of interest:

Proo Phio AG-V C3-1​
Body 1 has Tritium, 1 A is a misty testicle moon​
Proo Phio PI-B d7​
ELW-binary (7 and 8)​
Flyoo Phio CJ-L b52-0 AB 1​
Helium rich GG​

Last edited:
My carrier is full of tritium again, thanks!

I paid a visit to Proo Phio PI-B d7, indeed a cool binary ELW configuration! Thanks for this hint. I even managed to find some primitive life forms on body 6A, so my "first footfall" mark will be there forever. ;)

I almost feel sorry we leave such a friendly and hospitable area. But Magellan's Star won't get to us, we have to get to it!

The TMCV Spartacus has just undergone refitting at Cole Point in the Coalsack Sector VU-O b6-6 system. The Bar, Vista Genomics and Pioneer Supplies have been added as additional services. The Carrier will resume its service @ Flyoo Phio KM-F b55-0 on April 10th.

Spartacus crew ody2.jpeg

Top Bottom