The new SCO Drive and it's jump range...

Is the new SCO Drive going to be balanced before its released?

My issue is that once engineered, that new A-rated SCO Drive has MORE jump range than a the Pre-engineered FSD with Mass manager applied.
This makes all previous FSDs obsolete, I was hoping for more of a meaningful choice between SCO or a bigger jump range.

My issue is that once engineered, that new A-rated SCO Drive has MORE jump range than a the Pre-engineered FSD with Mass manager applied.
This makes all previous FSDs obsolete, I was hoping for more of a meaningful choice between SCO or a bigger jump range.
I presume it will have some drawbacks to balance things out.

quite intended for future game evolution, like Python Mk2 better handling SCO and bundled with 5A SCO (engineering-o-able on server for streamer), soon we will be able to engineering SCO, "soon" all sizes A rated will be available in game, we will see.

at least ppl will stop asking to make avail all size CG pre-eng FSD, because only the 5A v1 can be bought at human tech broker.

We asked for new features for years, welcome to the "new features raining season" :)

I figured, that not all ships would be able to fit the A rated SCO drive....
(I have no real idea though!)
Now that's an interesting thought. Perhaps traditional ships are capped to Class C, with only the new four variants able to slot the higher grade ones? Has anyone in the sandbox tried putting a Class A in an older ship yet?

This is bad.

All the CG FSD that I worked hard for are for nothing.
All the engineering I did was for nothing.
Are they trying to make me mad...

And what's the problem with that? That's literally how technological progress works IRL. My new laptop is better than the old one in every aspect. In other words, the old one is obsolete now. :)
It is called game balance.
If there is an improvement in one area then that gives the commander a different performance for their ship they then have a decision to make.
What is the best out of these alternatives for the role of the ship.
But with this it is just replace all the FSDs and engineer the replacement SCOs.

It is called game balance.
If there is an improvement in one area then that gives the commander a different performance for their ship they then have a decision to make.
What is the best out of these alternatives for the role of the ship.
But with this it is just replace all the FSDs and engineer the replacement SCOs.

Well, it seems you won't have to choose between 2 suboptimal kind of FSDs, you'll get a shiny new module which is better than either of them. That's still going to be balanced, as long as everyone has equal access to the new tech.

I'm not going to cry because I won't have to choose between the old school FSD that can give my ship a mighty 19 Ly jump range and an SCO-capable one that can only jump 7 Lys or something like that. :)

It wasn't for nothing. You could use those engineered and CG modules for years. That's not nothing. :)
It devalues what I have done as if it were nothing.
You can do better signing up to the game now.
o_O
Why not leave the SCO advantage as being only one thing, Super Cruise Boost?

Well, it seems you won't have to choose between 2 suboptimal kind of FSDs, you'll get a shiny new module which is better than either of them. That's still going to be balanced, as long as everyone has equal access to the new tech.

I'm not going to cry because I won't have to choose between the old school FSD that can give my ship a mighty 19 Ly jump range and an SCO-capable one that can only jump 7 Lys or something like that. :)
Sure if you want the game to be simple, why not have all the ships the same?
No point to engineer, not point to module class.
The choices of the game is part of the appeal. :cool:

Top Bottom