The Oculus Rift CV1 General Discussion Thread

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Hi All,

As we are getting numerous CV1 threads popping up across the VR Section I've created this thread to help keep things a bit tidier.

If you guys and girls could help by using this thread to discuss the CV1 I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Since there are only 2 VR headsets on the markets, are you planning on their only being 2 threads in the VR subforum?

Yeah, must admit, one thread per HMD seems a bit limited when there will be so many different discussions! :O

This doesn't make sense tbh TJ and kinda of ignores the fact we have a sub forum rather than 1 thread for CV1 in General Discussion.
There are many topics to discuss on the CV1 and lumping them all into one thread is going to be awful to gain information from.

I understand and support the requirement to moderate, but sometime too much moderation is bad.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
No problem, How about renaming it "general discussion" or "setup & issues" etc?

How about 2 sub forums for the CV1 and the Vive and people can go crazy in the sub forums.

I have to agree. It will get frustrating having to scroll through pages and pages of a single thread looking for information, when separate threads are specific.
User experience in the forum is King. :)

Edit: Sorry, we are already OT in this thread. ;)

Last edited:
I'd request it in the Forum suggestions & feedback section. can't hurt.

Sounds like a plan, Sub forum under VR - CV1, Vive, should work for now and will help keep things tidier abd give the fanbois a room to play in :) (Me included)

Last edited:
My contribution to this thread is that i am excited, want my CV1... even more exited today after logging into Oculus and finding i actually have 2 on order, one with a **30** order number and one with a **26***** ha did i mention, excited!

Didnt realise i had a '26. That means it should be coming soon. Soon.

My contribution to this thread is that i am excited, want my CV1... even more exited today after logging into Oculus and finding i actually have 2 on order, one with a **30** order number and one with a **26***** ha did i mention, excited!

Didnt realise i had a '26. That means it should be coming soon. Soon.

The old paypal issue during the pre-order fiasco ?

Surprised they didn't remove the older one as per their "strict" 1 per household rule ?

The old paypal issue during the pre-order fiasco ?

Surprised they didn't remove the older one as per their "strict" 1 per household rule ?

I was ordering through 2 different CC, then Paypal before trying CC again - frantic clicking till 35 minutes in then finally an order went through. Will see what happens, if they cancel one then as long as its not the **26** one i dont mind too much :)

I was ordering through 2 different CC, then Paypal before trying CC again - frantic clicking till 35 minutes in then finally an order went through. Will see what happens, if they cancel one then as long as its not the **26** one i dont mind too much :)

Same here with 3 different cards, but no paypal. I had to give up until about 45 - 60 minutes later and ended up with a 31 number, probably due to the site remembering my cart when it couldn't take payment. It was a complete fiasco :)

"Your order has been processed and your Rift is almost on its way! Look for a shipping confirmation email with tracking information soon"

Just got an email saying this. Promptly almost had an accident. Excited.

It eludes me on how to type out a destination system in the galactic map view. Is there a way to re enable mouse menu selection with the rift enabled? I'm primarily using the X52 Pro for all my needs.

When you first hit the galaxy screen, use the top hat on the stick to cycle to the selection tab, and then on the power distribution hat (under default settings, it's the silver one) press left, you should then be able to select the text entry box with B (or - the targetting button). I also use the mouse to select this, however, which works just fine.

Trying to use the mouse to select a system, though - that's nigh impossible, although it can be done.

It's considerably easier if you switch the graphics settings to 'full screen or borderless though - otherwise the mouse 'hotspot' is limited to the bounds of the game window - and it's very easy to end up clicking on some unseen part of your desktop, or another window.

I have an X52 (not Pro) so I'm not sure what the exact equivalent would be, but for navigating and selecting systems in the map I have the 8-way hat on the top/back of the throttle bound to moving the cursor along the X and Y axes (parallel to the plane of the galaxy, in other words), and have a modifier on the stick that switches up-down on the hat to moving along the z-axis while held. The pitch axis on the stick rotates the camera longitudinally around the cursor, and twisting rotates laterally.

It's not exactly the most efficient control scheme, but it's no worse than map navigation controls tend to be in most console games, and I find it's worth it to get rid of the need for the mouse. I'd love to ditch the need for occasional keyboard inputs :p

hell yeah!!! :D

didnt see that coming

my 23rd may - 3rd june UK order xxx29xxx ordered at 4:29.29 has just gone into processing and payment has been taken from paypal.

could be i have a fun (bankholiday) weekend coming but even if not, next week is still nice

Top Bottom