The Odyssey Materials Exchange thread

I don't quite understand the issue with a player faction's anarchy settlement being attacked 'too much'? Is that it?
What are the negative consequences? Is it a BGS thing? :unsure:
There are threads on this. There are also some videos by creators, including D2EA. In a nutshell, the number of anarchies is decreasing due to player depredations. With less anarchies, the remaining ones come under more attacks, until they too succumb. Player anarchy factions suffer particularly badly, as it takes more effort to maintain than other government types. There are usually only a small number of CMDRs supporting such a faction and they cannot resist successfully against the hordes that attack them for the looting without consequences. Someone used the word "locusts".

BGS affects all players, even in solo. The numbers, according to one report was that the number of anarchies had been halved, from 4000+ to 2000+ iirc.

No anarchies = less places to buy e-breaches and sell stolen/illegal goods.

Steve 07

Last edited:
There are usually only a small number of CMDRs supporting such a faction and they cannot resist successful against the hordes that attack them for the looting without consequences.
Correct, last week I was trying to help a nearby anarchy faction which started seeing increasing player numbers and was in Civil Unrest and Bust as a result. After 2-3 days of solely doing (restore) missions for them, it was in Civil Unrest, Bust and a Terrorist Attack.

There are threads on this. There are also some videos by creators, including D2EA. In a nutshell, the number of anarchies is decreasing due to player depredations. With less anarchies, the remaining ones come under more attacks, until they too succumb. Player anarchy factions suffer particularly badly, as it takes more effort to maintain than other government types. There are usually only a small number of CMDRs supporting such a faction and they cannot resist successful against the hordes that attack them for the looting without consequences. Someone used the word "locusts".

BGS affects all players, even in solo. The numbers, according to one report was that the number of anarchies had been halved, from 4000+ to 2000+ iirc.

No anarchies = less places to buy e-breaches and sell stolen/illegal goods.

Steve 07
Thanks Steve 👍

There are threads on this. There are also some videos by creators, including D2EA.
Who, it should be said, were the ones who created videos suggesting commanders pummel anarchy settlements to begin with. For example, everyone's favourite sad and put-upon Content Creator from a couple of months ago:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIuf8ZdFcdU

This has resulted in the casual player absolutely taking them to the cleaners, simply relogging ad nauseam until they filled their boots before moving onto the next. Iah Bulu is my home system, and I've done it as well - quickly followed by doing support missions to balance it out. (Dingos of Duwali, the main faction here, is currently back in boom)

o7 CMDRs

I am ripping my hair out trying to find the last data I need. If anyone is willing to trade, I have pretty much anything which I'm willing to trade. I'm short of.........

5 Mining Analytics and 12 Risk Assessments.

Cheers :)

o7 CMDRs

I am ripping my hair out trying to find the last data I need. If anyone is willing to trade, I have pretty much anything which I'm willing to trade. I'm short of.........

5 Mining Analytics and 12 Risk Assessments.

Cheers :)
That would be me for one. Available now to travel, though might need to pick up a different ship.

Steve 07.

Faction associates - if you come across any, please consider downloading as I am looking to get 10 for an engineer unlock. Thanks.

I am sure other CMDRs considering heading to Colonia could use them as well.

Steve 07.

Faction associates - if you come across any, please consider downloading as I am looking to get 10 for an engineer unlock. Thanks.

I am sure other CMDRs considering heading to Colonia could use them as well.

Steve 07.
Still need the full 10?

Still need the full 10?
Thank you.

Got 2, but hope to spend the day farming an abandoned settlement with 6 data ports so should get more. Along with other useful data.

No hurry to head out to Colonia at the moment, l as I need to gather a lot of tungsten carbide, weapon components and weapon schematics to be able to upgrade two weapons to G5.

I will remember you kind offer, should I fail to find what I need. (y)I have only had this CMDR with Odyssey since 18 October (3 weeks) but feel that it has progressed (G5 Maverick suit) well.

Steve 07.

Managed to pick up 11 Faction Associates today, more than enough to get one of the three referrals to Li Shen. And then the crashes started :( I thought that would be easier to find cocktail/culinary recipes, but it was not to be, short there. Kept finding smear campaign plans and opinion polls though!

I'll give this a try...

Require 3x Tactical Plans, 3x Weapon Test Data, 9x Risk Assessment, 9x Mining Analytics

Offering 11x Faction Associates, 3x Culinary Recipes, 11x Power Regulators

Would be significantly easier for all concerned if you are in or around Colonia, since that's where i am.
I am working on a cunning plan......

Looking for 4 Security Expenses. Happy to trade if I have what you need.
———————
Update: I found what I needed in a couple missions. Thanks for the offers to help!
HD

Last edited:
Top Bottom