The Official Ask Thread

This thread is created for those questions that honestly don't need their own topic, but more of just a simple location to keep everything more organized on the forums!

This is where you ask questions such as When will Early Access come out, and much more. :D

I've seen indicators pointing both ways; but is there ever going to be an Earlybird upgrade for CHC members like there is from Earlybird to CHC? I'd rather not do a refund and all that nonsense.

Anyone know what the minimum requirements are?

You can have a look on the minimum or recommended requirements for Elite: Dangerous, because that game from Frontier uses the same engine. Do know that these are only an indication, and not final for Planet Coaster, as the game is still in development, and the engine of the game undergoes improvements ass well, that may lead to higher system requirements for Planet Coaster compared to Elite: Dangerous.

Elite: Dangerous - Windows minimum hardware specification:

• Processor: Quad Core CPU (4 x 2Ghz)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 260 / ATI 4870HD
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network Broadband Internet Connection
  • Hard Drive: 7 GB available space
Elite: Dangerous - Windows recommended hardware specification:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU or better / AMD FX 4350 Quad Core CPU or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network Broadband Internet Connection
  • Hard Drive: 7 GB available space

Source: Frontier Store

---------------------------------------

Brett C

Frontier
Will this system run it?
RAM: 8 GB
CPU: Core I5-750s 2.4 GHz
GPU: GeForce GT 740 v2 EVGA FTW 2GB edition
Direct x: 11

The only thing that concerns me with your system specs is the amount of RAM that you have right now. The i5-750S CPU would also denote your machine was built around 2010-2012. That CPU will support up-to 16GB of RAM. Would need to know your motherboard to assume any further. In theory, the GT740 should be fine to run the game.

Please note that we haven't exactly posted system requirements as of yet. Minimum system requirements may precede what i've posted above.

The only thing that concerns me with your system specs is the amount of RAM that you have right now. The i5-750S CPU would also denote your machine was built around 2010-2012. That CPU will support up-to 16GB of RAM. Would need to know your motherboard to assume any further. In theory, the GT740 should be fine to run the game.

Please note that we haven't exactly posted system requirements as of yet. Minimum system requirements may precede what i've posted above.

Say what? 8GB might not be enough? [ugh]

Brett C

Frontier
Say what? 8GB might not be enough? [ugh]

For gaming these days, with general apps running, i am sitting at around 9GB of ram in use... and that's with no games running.

A1A8zWF.png

For example with Cities Skylines (it's 64bit mind you) when i play it, it chews through my system RAM like it's candy. [knockout]

For gaming these days, with general apps running, i am sitting at around 9GB of ram in use... and that's with no games running.

http://i.imgur.com/A1A8zWF.png

For example with Cities Skylines (it's 64bit mind you) when i play it, it chews through my system RAM like it's candy. [knockout]

Hm my 8gb Runs it well!

Ok ram isn't that expensive to expand. But 8gb should be ok to run it well. It depends on frontiers performance optimization. They should do their best and don't lean back and hope everybody buys extra ram!

You have a problem with ur system. It should not use close to 9gb of ram while not playing games. My system with multi monitors and all background app running and very rarely use over 9GB.
System:
CPU: I7 4770K
RAM: Corsair vengance pro @1866
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97 UD5H Black edition.
GPU 2 x GTX 970 SLI
PSU Corsair Rm100I
Cooling: Corsair H100I

GfaUPV3

Brett C

Frontier
You have a problem with ur system. It should not use close to 9gb of ram while not playing games. My system with multi monitors and all background app running and very rarely use over 9GB.
System:
CPU: I7 4770K
RAM: Corsair vengance pro @1866
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97 UD5H Black edition.
GPU 2 x GTX 970 SLI
PSU Corsair Rm100I
Cooling: Corsair H100I

https://imgur.com/GfaUPV3

This is my machines running processes right now. Sitting at a smooth 9.2GB of utilization. [yesnod]

My machine is running flawlessly, outside of this corsair loop for the cpu cooler being wonky on how the fan controller functions. I have a feeling its just windows 10 and its memory caching management being dynamic.

This is my other machine that i use for my web development testing.
pCXuMK5.png

In which it exhibits what your image shows.

It's probably good for me to look into more ram for my computer, I'm sitting at 8, and Windows requires 6 alone. I'd want more just so I can comfortably use the game without hearing my CPU cry.

Now that I know this about 8GB, I was told my system should be fine even though it says 8GB. Sorry guys I'm not too knowledgeable on Memory.

Processor: 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ Processor(2b)(2g)
Memory: 8GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM) Maximum supported = 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M graphics with 2048MB DDR3 of dedicated videomemory

I just got this notebook about a year ago so I hope it's capable of handling the game.

Top Bottom