The Pomeche Ridge Challenge: a standing SRV time trial in association with the Buckyball Racing Club

Well it has taken me far, far too long to get around to running this course. But finally I put that behind and had a couple of runs this afternoon. I've never been that great at SRV flying, but my second run was much better than my first as I didn't get turned around half as many times as I did originally. I'm glad that I finally got around to running it, now I'll have to come back to it at some point to try to better my run :D
And none too shabby either if I may say so!

Ladies and gentlemen of the ridge ... we have a new scoreboard update!

7E38d1z.png

Ozric takes 13th place on the Blue run with a time of 12 mins 16 secs (not far behind his "nemesis" Darplata94), he takes 10th place on the Red run with a time of 24 mins 03 secs (just 37 secs ahead of his nemesis), and he takes 9th place on the Black run with an excellent time of 33 mins 25 secs (nearly two whole minutes ahead of his nemesis). Nice run Ozric, very nice indeed!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
w00t thanks, I'll take a top ten finish. I was over 2 minutes quicker on my second run at the black section than I was in my first. I took a few less risks and didn't end up spinning out a lot.

w00t thanks, I'll take a top ten finish. I was over 2 minutes quicker on my second run at the black section than I was in my first. I took a few less risks and didn't end up spinning out a lot.
Fantastic first efforts Ozric, even finishing is a feat so to hit top 10 🤩

And extra Kudos for immediately knowing it was a DBS (that apparently Crank left behind)

Edit :spelling is hard

Last edited:
And extra Kudos for immediately knowing it was a DBS (that apparently Crank left behind)

I thought I'd left it out in the Pleides, but hey. :D

I can't remember why I got sidetracked from the challenge, I know I did some trial runs. I'll head over again and actually record a run. I can't even remember if I ever managed to get to the end of the black run...

This might be of interest to people here who are either looking for an alternative to the Pomeche Ridge or perhaps just somewhere to practice before tackling the big one!

Last edited:
Fresh from honing his skills over at the Cortes Base Drag Strip Challenge we have some improved times from Cmdr Shaye Blackwood.

j2n9X1F.png

Shaving over a minute off his previous time, Shaye now takes 2nd place from Sgurr on the Blue run with a superb time of just 5 minutes and 30 seconds in the Vagabond.

He then continues the run (and the improvement), taking a minute and half off his previous best Red run with a fantastic time of 15 minutes and 9 seconds to jump up to 6th place, keeping salubrious company between Timmy Brabston and Tannik Seldon.

One can only assume the Black section did not go so well but it can only be a matter of time before this determined competitor is holding podium places on all three challenges.

Nice flyving sir!

One can only assume the Black section did not go so well but it can only be a matter of time before this determined competitor is holding podium places on all three challenges.

Nice flyving sir!

You could say that, doing the drag strip challenge have improved my speed but higher speed also makes it harder to make the turns on the ridge. 7 SRVs had payed the ultimate price before I could even get a blue run completed. So far disaster has struck just past 64º every time, just slightly off the line and into the ravine you go.

Awesome effort Shaye.

So far disaster has struck just past 64º every time, just slightly off the line and into the ravine you go.
I recognize that :D

My black time was half the effective speed of blue/red and I don't care because it was the one, single time I didn't add to the canyon srv wrecks.
(At this rate there won't be any canyons left, just a wider srv shaped ridge.)

I occasionally come back for another go and promptly ruin another srv batch, it needs some concerted effort.

it can only be a matter of time before this determined competitor is holding podium places on all three challenges.
Bingo!

AkclZzJ.png

Having learned that the SRV does not need to survive beyond completing the black run, Shaye's back with a new submission (and a new SRV named Delta).

He completes the Red run in 11 minutes and 53 seconds (just one second faster than yours truly!) to steal proudly claim 3rd place!

And he completes the Black run in 13 minutes and 47 seconds (blowing up shortly thereafter) to take 2nd place.

Shaye now holds 3 podium places, aside from Turkwinif, the only competitor to currently do so.

I sure hope Turkwinif hasn't lost those promised Void Opals 'cos I've got a feeling Cmdr Blackwood is coming for them!

Good to see the times falling Shaye, once you get started on a race I kinda feel it's inevitable I get shunted downwards at some point. Brilliant o7

I'm going to savour my Ironbucky run while it lasts, cause I don't think it will ;)

I sure hope Turkwinif hasn't lost those promised Void Opals 'cos I've got a feeling Cmdr Blackwood is coming for them!
Still have them, however with the severe drop in payout in Void Opals and the changes to the commodity market (i.e. if the demand for Void Opals is 1 and priced at 1 million credits, they'll only buy one for 1 million credits and presumably the rest for far less. Yell at me if this currently isn't the case!), I may need to get support involved to erase credits from my CMDR and add them to whomever takes the podium(s). It's looking like Low Temperature Diamonds are the route to go now since demand can stay in the thousands at a high sell price unlike Opals. We'll see though, may the fastest competitor(s) win!

Last edited:
Good timing on the daylight, was getting dark at Cortes. Only 2 explosions today and on a couple of runs I managed to not fall off the edge too.
Racing at Cortes seems to make me better at running Pomeche Ridge and running the ridge makes me faster at Cortes, hope that trend continues.

Does that mean improved times shaye?

I do actually have a run I can submit but I'm going to see where I am after the current daylight.
And my Ironbucky runs have definitely improved my handling on the ridge, I guess (hope) you're not using the rocks to brake here though.

Top Bottom