General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
US accused of "modern piracy" after confiscation of masks for Berlin.

"Even in times of global crisis, methods worthy of the Wild West cannot prevail," said a German official.

Confirmation here that the United States is the biggest pirates on the planet.

After stealing France, the Americans steal Germany.

:D

--------------------------------------------------------

😷
Seeing as how stuff like this is being offered with no proof, the only purpose of which is to sow the seeds of discord and anti Americanism, I'll just offer my own thoughts in a similar spirit: "Attaboy, Mr. President!"

Seeing as how stuff like this is being offered with no proof, the only purpose of which is to sow the seeds of discord and anti Americanism, I'll just offer my own thoughts in a similar spirit: "Attaboy, Mr. President!"

For your satisfaction.

;)

-------------------------------------------------

😷

Oh, you talking about the ones manufactured in the US?

I think it is important to remember that when it comes to complex machinery such as ventilators, there is no singular location of production. This has been, for example, emphasized by Philips, who produces ventilators in two locations in the US. While they make the machinery, they are very much dependent on parts and resources produces elsewhere in the world. If the US seizes the locally produced ventilators, the foreign sources of materials will refuse to deliver and instead co-operate with countries willing to share with the suppliers' countries.

It is a very complex situation, and a free-for-all between all countries would be devastating.

For your satisfaction.

;)

-------------------------------------------------

😷
I'm willing to bet that, even if I could read french, I would find breathless assertions without context or fact. I don't just read a story and lose my shirt, patrick, I question everything and then need to get the same story from at least six different angles before formulating an opinion.

I'm willing to bet that, even if I could read french, I would find breathless assertions without context or fact. I don't just read a story and lose my shirt, patrick, I question everything and then need to get the same story from at least six different angles before formulating an opinion.
Use a Google or other translator instead of playing the ignorant.

Be assured that I do not make anti-Americanism, but I find that lately the United States are often accused of misappropriation of goods.

:D

-------------------------------------------

😷

You could easily verify the accuracy of these reports if you so desired. As has been explained quite clearly by those producing medical equipment, these sentiments of short-sighted partisan nationalism is helping nobody. And this is coming from someone living a country where there is no projected shortage of ventilators, and staff is not improvising their PPE from literally garbage bags. This is, in that sense, not my race.

We're in this together, and stealing each other's stuff is not cool, patriotic, helpful or admirable. Its short-sighted stupidity arising from panic and opportunism. And all countries should stop it.

Key quotation, underlined for emphasis.

"As it stands, we assume that it is linked to the US government's ban on the export of masks." added the Berlin authorities.

"As it stands, we assume that it is linked to the US government's ban on the export of masks." added the Berlin authorities.

Indeed. There is a lot of stuff happening, all over the place, very rapidly, involving endless numbers of over-stressed and fatigued staff. A lot of the conflicts currently happening all over the world can very much be caused by misunderstandings, personal errors and clerical mistakes. Keep the objective clear and focus on international cooperation.

You could easily verify the accuracy of these reports if you so desired. As has been explained quite clearly by those producing medical equipment, these sentiments of short-sighted partisan nationalism is helping nobody. And this is coming from someone living a country where there is no projected shortage of ventilators, and staff is not improvising their PPE from literally garbage bags. This is, in that sense, not my race.

We're in this together, and stealing each other's stuff is not cool, patriotic, helpful or admirable. Its short-sighted stupidity arising from panic and opportunism. And all countries should stop it.
Here's an idea: instead of jumping me, why don't you shout at those in the media perpetuating a story that is utterly lacking in proof and designed simply to create anger? Nobody knows what is going on despite your assertion that I "could just check it out for myself."

Yes but these masks had already been paid and were confiscated in Thailand.

-----------------------------------------------------

😷

Here's an idea: instead of jumping me, why don't you shout at those in the media perpetuating a story that is utterly lacking in proof and designed simply to create anger? Nobody knows what is going on despite your assertion that I "could just check it out for myself."
It is, however, the Berlin authorities who are making these accusations and not the media.

The presidents of regions in France have made the same kind of accusations, concerning the theft of millions of masks destined for France.

------------------------

😷

Last edited:
If its true then it just underlines that despite their posturing, European counties don’t have that big an influence on the global stage.

It is, however, the Berlin authorities who are making these accusations and not the media.

------------------------

😷
"We assume," say the Berlin authorities. Yes, that sounds like some rock solid proof right there.

Additionally, even assuming that it's true, we have no real idea as to the context or legalities of the situation. All we have is pot stirring and distrust. This kind of reactionary xenophobic thinking leads to people hoarding toilet paper, Patrick, and fist fights outside the grocery over the last case of Red Bull. You need to rise above it my friend, and for once just listen to your better angels.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom