General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think you're deliberately missing my point. That this is an article based on an assumption from an unnamed German official.

Berlin City State Senator, Andreas Geisel spoke of "an act of modern piracy". "This is not how we treat transatlantic allies," he said.

"Even in times of global crisis, we must not come to the methods of the Wild West. "

;)

-----------------------------------------------

😷

Edit: clearly France sucks the hardest.
And clearly the United States gives business priority before the people.

Amazon here believes itself on US soil where people have to go to work even when they are sick.

As you well know, you who recently worked with a lot of fever ... sick like never before in your life, you said ...

Aaahhhh ! The dollar, the business !

Humans ? pfff ...

----

"In France, Amazon has been ordered to take measures to protect its employees from Covid 19 after an investigation on the Lauwin-Planque site (North), according to a letter from the Director of Hauts-de-France, whose AFP had copy.

The Regional Directorate for Enterprise, Competition, Consumer Affairs, Labor and Employment reports "a dangerous situation" on the site.

The American online commerce giant announced Friday that it will put on masks and temperature controls for its 13,000 French employees.

Tuesday, the CGT filed a criminal complaint against Amazon for endangering the lives of others."

:rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------

😷

And clearly the United States gives business priority before the people.

Amazon here believes itself on US soil where people have to go to work even when they are sick.

As you well know, you who recently worked with a lot of fever ... sick like never before in your life, you said ...

Aaahhhh ! The dollar, the business !

Humans ? pfff ...

----

"In France, Amazon has been ordered to take measures to protect its employees from Covid 19 after an investigation on the Lauwin-Planque site (North), according to a letter from the Director of Hauts-de-France, whose AFP had copy.

The Regional Directorate for Enterprise, Competition, Consumer Affairs, Labor and Employment reports "a dangerous situation" on the site.

The American online commerce giant announced Friday that it will put on masks and temperature controls for its 13,000 French employees.

Tuesday, the CGT filed a criminal complaint against Amazon for endangering the lives of others."

:rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------

😷

Humans are a disposable commodity, didn’t you know? 🧐

True freedom do not exist, I haven’t seen it in all the places I’ve traveled.
Well in rural areas far far away from civilization maybe 😄

1480 more deaths in the United States in 24 hours.

The United States has recorded nearly 1500 additional deaths from the new coronavirus between Thursday and Friday evening, according to the Johns Hopkins University count, which is the worst 24-hour record recorded in a country.

Like I said a few days ago, I wouldn't be surprised if the United States got 1500 - 2000 dead a day for a certain period of time.

Compassion and thoughts for our American friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

😷

Humans are a disposable commodity, didn’t you know? 🧐

True freedom do not exist, I haven’t seen it in all the places I’ve traveled.
Well in rural areas far far away from civilization maybe 😄
Yes I know but there are cleaner ways to throw the people. 🧐😄

-----------------------------------------------------------

😷

1480 more deaths in the United States in 24 hours.

The United States has recorded nearly 1500 additional deaths from the new coronavirus between Thursday and Friday evening, according to the Johns Hopkins University count, which is the worst 24-hour record recorded in a country.

Like I said a few days ago, I wouldn't be surprised if the United States got 1500 - 2000 dead a day for a certain period of time.

Compassion and thoughts for our American friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

😷

Mostly this is in ONE major city.
They have what, 100 major cities there?

What happens later on is what really frightens me. All those states NOT fully locking down are going to very deeply regret it.
The third wave when it gets into rural territories will be handled without resources of big hospitals. The "good" mortality we see now will not be replicated.

What happens later on is what really frightens me. All those states NOT fully locking down are going to very deeply regret it.
The third wave when it gets into rural territories will be handled without resources of big hospitals. The "good" mortality we see now will not be replicated.

The saddest thing about this first major hit is watching DiBlasio, Cumo explaining, pleading, visibly becoming more and more desperate, knowing full well what is going to come . And still, keeping composure as much as possble, not giving up, doing whatever they can to save as many lives as possible . And openly saying : "People will die that dont need to die ."

Terrible ! :oops:

----------------------------------------------

😷

I'd like to say I'm surprised but this really is par for humanity. We are what we choose to be.

Exactly. Like alcohol, it's times of crisis that make people reveal their true selves.

If I was the spanish prime minister, by now the turkish ambassador would be on a row boat in the mediterrean paddling home, and any assets belonging to turkey in spain would have been seized. And that would be just for starters.

What Turkey did was not just a crime, but absolutely disgusting. What doesn't surprise me a bit, coming from Erdogan. Maybe this shows something to those who a few years ago were campaigning for Turkey to become part of the EU.

If you own a 3D printer you can make your own masks, I’m going to test this model.
True. Local production in my town has been up and running for about a week.
Some quick thinking high school kids pushed the idea and got it going.🙂

Last edited:

Hopefully other major cities will learn from New York's mistakes and take drastic measures quickly, assuming there's still time, or the american people will suffer a high death toll. They should also start thinking about cordoning off the major cities, or people panicking will start fleeing to the rural areas by the millions and spread the virus much quicker all over the country.

Hopefully other major cities will learn from New York's mistakes and take drastic measures quickly, assuming there's still time, or the american people will suffer a high death toll. They should also start thinking about cordoning off the major cities, or people panicking will start fleeing to the rural areas by the millions and spread the virus much quicker all over the country.

Recipee for desaster, will very likely happen nevertheless, saw that one coming a few weeks ago . Remember being ridiculed on these Forums for telling people how much I fear for their Country .

Anyone else eerily reminded on the Division ?

Well, the good news is that many people will see why globalism is a not so good thing.

Yeah . I'd rather they'd have listened and learned quicker, earlier...and not need a Pandemic for that . But the USA committing to the "Buy american" Act a few days ago was a good start...assuming things go well in the near future that is . Could be too little, too late .

Exactly. Like alcohol, it's times of crisis that make people reveal their true selves.

If I was the spanish prime minister, by now the turkish ambassador would be on a row boat in the mediterrean paddling home, and any assets belonging to turkey in spain would have been seized. And that would be just for starters.

What Turkey did was not just a crime, but absolutely disgusting. What doesn't surprise me a bit, coming from Erdogan. Maybe this shows something to those who a few years ago were campaigning for Turkey to become part of the EU.

Does anyone have a link to this? I've tried googling all sorts of terms but can't find any report of this.

Maybe this shows something to those who a few years ago were campaigning for Turkey to become part of the EU.
I can imagine Erdogan in Brussels, and the Turkey at the head of the rotating presidency.

:D

Because most country leaderships are spineless and bend over easily to whoever promises cookies.

We must recognize that American cookies are excellent.

:)

----------------------------------------------------

😷

Last edited:
Well, the good news is that many people will see why globalism is a not so good thing.

True, europe for instance got screwed because there almost no local industry, nearly everything was outsourced to china, bangladesh etc, and now that we needed to produce stuff quickly we simply can't, and got ourselves into a position where we are now dependent on China (the irony) to quickly produce the stuff we need to save ourselves from a situation they made worse than it should have been by ommiting information.

Globalism could only work if it goes all the way, it won't fully work while it's still mixed with our old nationalisms (a bit like the EU :) ) But we're still far from being ready for such a thing, we're still far too different all around to become "one people" on this planet.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom